Drinking 8 glasses of water

Options
Hey. I know that 8 glasses of PURE water would be the ideal option, but can you count the water from
a tea or coffee etc. as part of your water count?:drinker:

Replies

• melcap
    melcap Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    No not really.. I only count just plain old as my 8 glasses... :)

Mind you I wish I could include alcoholin my water count :laugh:
  • ambuney83
    Options
    I believe that coffee (caffeine) is a diruetic so it actually makes you more dehydrated. I would think tea would be fine if it is decaf. I drink about two cups of coffee every morning (sometimes more on the weekends) but I also drink a lot of water during the day so it balances out. You can tell if you are hydrated by your urine. Gross, I know, but it should be light yellow to clear. Not completely clear usually but that is a good indicator. Hope that helps. Drink up! :smile:

http://www.medicinenet.com/caffeine/page3.htm
  • StephFork
    StephFork Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I agree.. The only things I count as water that aren't plain water is Crystal Light and my Sassy Water. The Sassy water has lemon, cucumber, mint and ginger in it. So yummy.. and it makes me drink more water while at work.
  • saraegentry
    saraegentry Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I would count anything that is mostly water and doesn't have caffeine. Decaf tea, crystal light, etc.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    The diuretic effect of caffeinated drinks is minimal and does not outweigh their water content. Think about it. When you drink a cup of coffee versus a cup of plain water, how much more do you pee afterwards? Is there a dramatic difference? Not really.
  • melkadee
    melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
    Options
    Do you guys count flavored or carbonated water with 0 calories?
  • melcap
    melcap Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Do you guys count flavored or carbonated water with 0 calories?

It still water just a tasty way of drinking it... I think so!
  • ambuney83
    Options
    Do you could soda as water? Basically the same thing. I usually only count water as water, but I am used to drinking a lot of it so it isn't hard for me to get the required amount.
  • ambuney83
    Options
    The diuretic effect of caffeinated drinks is minimal and does not outweigh their water content. Think about it. When you drink a cup of coffee versus a cup of plain water, how much more do you pee afterwards? Is there a dramatic difference? Not really.

Do you count soda as water? Basically the same thing. I usually only count water as water, but I am used to drinking a lot of it so it isn't hard for me to get the required amount.