Healthy, easy snack ideas

Options
lthomas42
lthomas42 Posts: 73 Member
I see a lot of board posts about snacks, so I figured everyone probably has some awesome snack ideas, and everyone probably wants more!

I love apple slices and organic peanut butter. You're looking at around 170 calories for an apple and 1 tbsp of PB, but it's high protein and has lots of vitamins.

Replies

• shadea4455
    shadea4455 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I like weight watchers smoke flavored cheese sticks, about 50 calories, and fresh veggies with Marzetti veggie dip... yumm :)
  • laura328
    laura328 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    on sundays, i measure out little snack bags of 100-calorie natural almonds and raising. i keep a bag in my purse and have one handy at my desk for that 3:30 hunger pang! i also really love cliff kid zbars 0 they're around 100 calories and aren't tiny as some of the other 100 calorie bars. :wink:
  • chickpeas83
    Options
    I like to snack on fresh veggies with a low cal ranch salad dressing! Or a slice or two of cheese. Smoked Gouda or aged cheddar!
  • Mama_CAEI
    Options
    I snack on whatever I want, but I measure/weight/count it. If I'm in the mood for crackers and the portion size is 10 for 140 calories, for example, then I only eat 10. I have never felt deprived a single day since starting this journey.
    That being said, one of my favorite little indulgences has been 1/4 cup of almonds and 1 tbsp of chocolate chips. It's like a healthy alternative to chocolate covered almonds. Really helps get me through the PMS cravings! :laugh:
  • tegsa
    tegsa Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have such a sweet tooth and always go for a tablespoon of peanut butter, but whenever I get tired of that I go for..

Diced up apple, cottage cheese, and sprinkle of cinnamon. When it's mixed up it looks terrible, but it tastes good!
  • reashu85
    Options
    I like apple slices with greek yogurt and cinnamon! Soo yummy!
  • alexis92
    Options
    they have these wonderful snacks at my college made by Food City. They're like Dunkaroos but with sliced apples and PB! only 150 calories! there are 100 calories ones with apples and caramel or apples and yogurt. I am also a huge fan of dried papaya- 50 calories a stick and great for digestion.