Hey Everyone :)

Options
Hey Everyone! Or I guess no one bc im the only group member right now! Are any of you still active in cheer? I cheer on a level 5 competitive team and coach a youth 2 team and a senior 3 all star team!! How about you?

Replies

• chelsey728
    chelsey728 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    hi!! I coach a HS team right now... i took last season off because i was planning my wedding & wasn't in cheer shape for this season... so i'm hoping to get back into shape & cheer again next year. I cheered in elementary, high school, college & for an open level 6 team. cheer is one of the main reasons i want to get back into shape... my girls keep asking to stunt with me but i'd hurt them if i did i'm so out of shape haha
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Where do you find adult cheer? I am more of a dancer (flyer size but TERRIFIED of heights!) but I love the intensity of competition dance or cheer. I cheered for the Vikings in 2007 and quit ballet when I was 21. Now I've taken to ballroom dancing but it's more recreational and I'm looking for something challenging. :-) Nice to "meet" you!
  • judith3
    judith3 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hi guys i dont cheer anymore :frown: mainly because i did a year of college cheer at my community college and the drama was just absolutely insane and i didnt want to deal with it. And well now i am way to out of shape for it, :sad: i did varsity cheer in highschool and i absolutely loved it i miss stunting and performing the most :frown: but im hoping to be able to at least get back into cheer shape so i can do all the things i could once do and hopefully do them better :happy:
  • karnold14
    Options
    Hi! I am currently a high school varsity coach here in Chicago. It is my second year and I'm still working out the kinks, but love that I can still be involved in something that was such a big part of my high school life. I do stunt and tumble with my girls but only as an example and base (I was a back in high school.) I'm working on gaining muscle and looking into figure competition in the distant future so lucky for my girls they are conditioning along side with me. Good luck to all of you and your myfitnesspal goals!!! GO FIT!
  • TheThinClub
    TheThinClub Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a cheerleader who used to be a flyer but I've gained some weight (and age. My body isn't like the 15-year-olds in my team...) so right now I'm a BASE. It's quite fun but I really HATE not being a flyer anymore. And I HATE the fact that people look at me like WTF when I tell them I'm actually a flyer. :(
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all!! I cheered all through high school and college both at a competitive level (all stars) and just for fun at my high schools. I then coached a high school team and turned them competitive. I loved them! But in the last year and a half I switched jobs and now miss cheerleading more than pretty much anything!

I was always a power base. You wanted a stunt done, my group could do it!
  • lauriewag1
    lauriewag1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :smile: Do you still coach a HS team in Chicago? I coach HS in Southern IL! :smile:
  • lauriewag1
    lauriewag1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am currently a high school varsity coach here in Chicago.

Do you still coach in Chicago? I coach HS in Southern IL!
  • Jemellc
    Jemellc Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Excited to be apart of this group. This is make me reach further toward my weight loss goals.
    I am apart of my high school squad. I plan to cheer when I go to college. Want to start tumbling as well.
    Tired of doing a round off lol! Btw.. my name is Jemell.