Options
    Week 6 Schedule:

Duration: 70 min.

5 minute warmup walk
    Run 60 min.
    5 minute cooldown walk
  • sadlazarus
    Options
    At 6am I will begin this. At the moment in South Wales it's a balmy 3 degrees and the hail is coming in sideways on a hellcold wind. I am not looking forward to this at all.
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Program complete (on Monday). Well actually, I jumped ahead a week or so as I felt so good! Am going to be completing the program though, working on my speed every run in anticipation of formal events in the spring.
  • russelljclarke
    Options
    Program complete (on Monday). Well actually, I jumped ahead a week or so as I felt so good! Am going to be completing the program though, working on my speed every run in anticipation of formal events in the spring.
    And finished my second early this morning, just to convince myself the first wasn't a fluke!
  • sadlazarus
    Options
    A touch under 11k in an hour. That'll do.
    Starting to think about what comes next since I'll be graduating on Sunday. I guess half marathon?
  • sadlazarus
    Options
    Day 2, 10.5k in an hour. In the sleet. With some nice big hills (including a quite punishing long gradual incline). That'll do. Graduate on Sunday, really not sure how to go on from here.
  • russelljclarke
    Options
    Day 2, 10.5k in an hour. In the sleet. With some nice big hills (including a quite punishing long gradual incline). That'll do. Graduate on Sunday, really not sure how to go on from here.
    Half marathon - that's now my aim!
  • sadlazarus
    Options
    Day 3, 11k, one hour. Graduated. Bright December sun, a glorious morning for it. Until you go round a corner where the sun hasn't touched and it's like a bloody ice rink. Still, it's done. Have never- will never- allow weather to dictate to me. But those hills between Newport and Cwmbran are killers in the cold.

The biggest thing that strikes me is that after the C25K I was like Rocky dancing about on top of the steps. Finishing (and finishing well) the B210K leaves me a bit nonplussed. Although I hate running, I am now a runner. So what do I do next? I might just repeat week 6 which will take me up to Christmas and then have a nose around.

Aaaaaanyway, I graduated. And that means far and away beyond any doubt that anyone who reads this is able to do the same.
  • russelljclarke
    Options
    Day 3, 11k, one hour. Graduated. Bright December sun, a glorious morning for it. Until you go round a corner where the sun hasn't touched and it's like a bloody ice rink. Still, it's done. Have never- will never- allow weather to dictate to me. But those hills between Newport and Cwmbran are killers in the cold.

The biggest thing that strikes me is that after the C25K I was like Rocky dancing about on top of the steps. Finishing (and finishing well) the B210K leaves me a bit nonplussed. Although I hate running, I am now a runner. So what do I do next? I might just repeat week 6 which will take me up to Christmas and then have a nose around.

Aaaaaanyway, I graduated. And that means far and away beyond any doubt that anyone who reads this is able to do the same.
    HALF MARATHON!!!
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'm seriously considering half marathon late next year...thing is I have first 10K race in February and I want to be able to run 8-9 miles before then so I have a bit in the tank...so then half marathon seems not so far away.
    Maybe we need a new group Russell and SL!
  • navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    I did it!! w6 is done!! now just to work on my speed..i can run for an hour straight woohoo!!
  • flabulous4
    Options
    Well done!
    Re: speed, I've been trying to work on my speed by redoing C25K but as jog-run instead of walk-run (also it makes the treadmill more interesting when you're stuck inside because of ice). It is having an effect because I ran 2 5Ks outside this week and I reckon both of them were at 27 minutes or slightly less (I need to sort out an app to record just the running bit and not the warmups). On the second one I did the 3rd mile at 7:59 which is a good minute faster than any mile time I'd posted before this week. PS I only have little legs.
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I am heading out to complete W6D3 today. I have actually started a half marathon training program this week and today is supposed to be a 4 mile run. But, I still have this last day left to do and I really want to complete B210K as a matter of pride! So, I am off to do my 6 mile run and I may even need to go longer to achieve the distance, but I am determined to get 10K in today!
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    You all are doing so wonderfully!!
    Super happy for you all that have graduated.
    Many of you are really close too and I am so proud of you all.

I am still stuck but plodding along anyway.
    My knee is still giving me fits but I will not be deterred.
    The weather is a concern but I knew it would probably hold me up when I started this.
    That is ok - Spring will come and I will keep pushing toward my goal.
  • aimsterct
    aimsterct Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I did it! 60 minutes straight! W6D1 is done!
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I did it! 60 minutes straight! W6D1 is done!

WOOT WOOT.......YOU GO GIRL!
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Bit of a slog...but finally got round to starting week 6!! Just done W6 D1... Steady pace but covered 6.38 miles, so happy with the distance. Was very wet though, but I'm gonna stop chickening out of running just cos of rubbish weather. I am. Really. I am. :laugh:
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Getting there! Wk6 day2 done!

Not so fast today, but was testing a new route and it's been 2 weeks since my last 10k run, so not too bothered.
  • aimsterct
    aimsterct Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Finally officially a B210K graduate. Did the "distance run" this morning and finally hit the 6.2 mile mark. I kept what felt like a reasonable pace for most of it and I didn't really start feeling myself flagging until around 4.5 miles. It was sheer will that kept me running to 5.5 and then I walked/jogged (mostly walked) the rest. My feet were screaming, my head was pounding and all I wanted to do was crumple into a heap.

But I didn't. I finished.

I started C25K nearly six months ago extremely out of shape. It was my last, desperate effort to get moving and do something healthy. I never in a million years thought I'd ever stick with running. But here I am, all these months later, thinking that a four mile run is "completely doable". I've run 4 5ks and am already looking for my next event.

Thanks to Russell for giving the push to start the B210K program! I never thought I'd really get through it, but I have. And I am very, very excited about it!
  • flabulous4
    Options
    Well done! :smile: