What is your fave low carb/keto recipe or food

Options
Dundreggen
Dundreggen Posts: 41 Member
Other than the ubiquitous bacon of course...

I forget who it was on here who made 'protein fluff' I asked what it was and I made a version of it that is the best dessert EVER (even better than my keto cheesecake)

Take heavy cream.. whip
Add a bit of your fave protein or low carb shake mix. whip some more

eat.

I use the Visalus sweet cream. Its not high prot but it is low carb and it tastes like cake batter which lends itself very nicely to a dessert.

Hot buttered rum is pretty good too.

Replies

• mphartman
    mphartman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Heeeeeey that was me with the protein fluff. I keep varying my mix to see what turns out better.

My wife and I have a set of recipes that we keep coming back to. My favorite so far is a keto pizza with a crust made out of cauliflower. Next would be jalapeno poppers, a burger with melted havarti and chipotle mayo (take Hellman's, dice a chipotle, mix it), and finally tacos with our own spice blend, melted cheese, and sour cream on a big romaine lettuce leaf.
  • psisarah
    psisarah Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Dessert:

My new favourite is Mother%$*&ing Keto Truffles http://sarahjustine.com/recipes/truffles/

Even though I ate too many yesterday and felt sick.

Dinner:

Fillet mignon steak wrapped in bacon with a side of sauteed muchrooms and asparagus. I could eat sauteed mushrooms for the rest of my life and die happy.
  • sonician1974
    sonician1974 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    (duplicate) Deleted.
  • sonician1974
    sonician1974 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My favorite side dish right now has to be the mashed cauiflower with butter/almond milk, sprinkled with shredded cheese and bacon bits. You'd never know it wasn't mashed potatoes.

Bacon wrapped filet of beef are wonderful, as are my "meat salads". Basically, a bed of lettuce and an assortment of diced meats (pastrami, salami, ham, etc) on top with some mushrooms, mayo and mustard.
  • Dundreggen
    Options
    Right it was you with the fluff. I am forever in your debt. It is sooo tasty!

I think I am going to make the truffles for my mom for Xmas. She is doing low carb (but not keto). I don't like chocolate (please don't hurt me lol) so it should be easy to make a bunch and not be tempted.

I just can't like the mashed cauliflower. I have tried.. I have put cheese and bacon in.. its not my friend. But I really like meat salads. Long before I went low carb I was making 'the salad'. Ground beef cooked with LOTS of montreal steak spice. Put on salad with those crispy fried onions, tomatos and cheese. Then add a honey mustard dressing.

Ohh the meat casserole that was posted on r/keto is a big hit with family and friends. And its so customizable. Fry up some ground beef.. season to your liking. Then add a couple of tbs of cream cheese let melt. Toss in a bunch of frozen veggies. Then put in a casserole dish, cover with cheese and bake.

I shall have to try the hamburgers. Hubby can have them with the bun if he wants ;) and all my mushrooms.
  • hlynn1986
    hlynn1986 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love making tacos with the cheese shells. It seriously hits the spot when i want some qdoba or taco bell.

Also just some slow cooked pot roast in beef broth is amazing.
  • EbolaLeak
    EbolaLeak Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I LOVE oopsie bread. I think it is a miracle of some sort. I also highly enjoyed the 3 minute low carb cake.
  • trkinsley
    trkinsley Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm so boring.... but I can't get enough of eggs with cheese, and bacon or sausage. There is something about cooking the eggs in the drippings, I think.

I also love meat salads. Chicken casear salad is the bomb (without croutons, obviously).
  • mphartman
    mphartman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Tacos on a big romaine shell are great too.

My wife made peanut butter fudge last night, it is amazing.
  • Dundreggen
    Options
    Tacos on a big romaine shell are great too.

My wife made peanut butter fudge last night, it is amazing.

Will you share the recipe for the fudge?
  • astronautof
    astronautof Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

I have a soft spot for Penn Station's Chicken Cordon Bleu, so I decided I could make a quick, easy, and delicious keto version of it.

Pretty much, all I do is take some thickly sliced ham (not the cheap deli stuff, but the sliced off the bone kind), some sliced up and pan fried chicken, provolone, mustard and black pepper, layer it up on a plate and stick it in the microwave for a few minutes. I eat it with a fork, and it is delicious.
  • FitGuyMemphis
    FitGuyMemphis Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have two pretty awesome recipes which I just recently discovered! I plan on making them for the family this week and will try to take pics to post.

First up: Deviled Eggs w/ Avacado! Super easy to make...just get some hard boiled eggs, scoop out the yolk, put in a bowl with fresh avocado and mash it up, add seasoning, fresh lime juice, hot sauce, finely diced bacon, whatever you feel like adding! and mix it all together and put back in the hard boiled eggs...and voila! Avocado deviled eggs! AMAZING and super super easy!

Next one, Egg Omlette "Muffins": Simply get whatever you prefer in your usual morning omlette...eggs, sausge or ground beef, diced peppers and onions, etc...and simply mix it all up, and put it in a muffin/cupcake tin...and bake for 18-20 mins or till done, and voila, you have little omlette muffins that are delicious, tasty, and easy to take on the road...you can make a whole batch of em for the week and just heat a one or two up for breakfast! :D Hope you guys like, and like I said I'll try to make a post with pictures soon!
  • prowell57
    prowell57 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I tried a recipe I found for dinner tonight...Crustless Pizza. We really liked it and will definitely be making this again.45181dlsnip0.jpeg
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    My favorite thing is an easy snack food, I call a cheese loaf.

One to two beaten eggs
    One 8oz block of feta (crumbled into eggs)
    1/2 stick of butter (softened or melted)

Little salt and pepper (garlic powder optional -or other seasonings)

Mix all together, throw in a greased small glass baking dish.

350 F for 20-25 minutes let cool, cut into little squares.

When I get to town, will pick up lamb or gyro meat to go with.

Can use any cheese and seasonings... Made an Italian one with parmesan and mozzarella, oregano, basil, garlic powder.

Cold refrigerated left overs good too.
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I love stuffed chicken breast wrapped in bacon, crunchy cauliflower bites coated in almond meal, chicken parmigiana using pork rinds, parmesan & almond meal for the coating, lemon no bake cheesecake, chocolate mousse, nachos with fathead chips, cheese taco shells and stuffed mushrooms!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Options
    I love stuffed chicken breast wrapped in bacon, crunchy cauliflower bites coated in almond meal, chicken parmigiana using pork rinds, parmesan & almond meal for the coating, lemon no bake cheesecake, chocolate mousse, nachos with fathead chips, cheese taco shells and stuffed mushrooms!

@ironmaidenchick

What sweetener do you use in your lemon no-bake cheesecake?
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I use Natural Earth Monkfruit sweetener :)
  • lalabank
    lalabank Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Whipped mascarpone cheese with cocoa and sweetener. So easy so damn good.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Options
    xganw915t7wo.jpg

My favorite fat bomb... Doesn't look as good as it tastes.. Its frozen. But frozen, tastes kind of like those old chocolate jello-pudding-pops. Defrosted, taste like chocolate candy, smooth ganache texture!!!
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Steak, pepperoni pizza on low carb tortilla, taco salad over kale, keto pb cookies or mug cake, avocado salad or guac, whiskey and club soda, chicken crust pizza, homemade flackers and onion dip(store bought flackers taste like butt lol), buffalo and lemon pepper wings, any roasted fresh veg with garlic