• boneyEm
    Options
    please everyone in team green add me
  • thefifthvalue
    thefifthvalue Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Team Name ideas:

Mean, Lean, and Dark Green
    Losin' it with Popeye (because spinach is dark green)

I think I use up all my creativity in just those two
  • lelliebugh
    lelliebugh Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Yes I Need a gmail address from you please.

Hey Everyone, I am loving the introductions. I can not tell you how excited I am about starting this challenge. We ate getting some great suggestions for the team name. If you have any ideas let me know. I am going to choose 3 and we are going to vote in those after Christmas.

As for the challenges weekly, some will be motivational, some will be physical, some will have to do with diet. I have added everyone on the team and please add each other we are in this together.

Cheers,
    Lesley
  • GirlAnachronismE
    GirlAnachronismE Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yes I Need a gmail address from you please.

GirlAnachronismE@gmail.com
  • lasteadman
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

My name is Lea, I live in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. I am a senior professional writing major at Carlow University. I want to lose weight in order to look and feel better. I've always been overweight and it would be nice to be able to change my lifestyle for good! I'm excited to start this challenge and meet other motivated MFP users. Add me!

Lea
  • lelliebugh
    Options
    Hey team dark green, I am still looking for the team name suggestions. Mine are
    Pound droppers, Bulging Bandits, thin it to Win it, and spare tire stoppers.

Also I need challenge ideas. I've got 100 extra crunches/squats/jumping jacks, eat veggies every meal, 1mile a day challenge, 30 extra min of exercise. I'm going to let the team vote for the challenges. We start in 17 days :)

Cheers,
    Lesley
  • clairelane1982
    Options
    How about shape shifters????? Not very good at this sort of thing...
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Oh one question!!

Since my weight has already changed --- do we need to have a new starting weight in 17 days when we start..
  • lelliebugh
    Options
    The weight you start with on Jan 1st is the first weight in the spreadsheet. There is not another weigh in until Jan 13
  • bump040510
    Options
    The names I like best so far are "Mean Lean and Dark Green" and "Thin it to win it"

I like the word play with green and lean

More name suggestions:

~Greener getting Leaner or Greener and Leaner
    ~Dark green, more Lean
  • boneyEm
    Options
    hey everyone add me
  • lelliebugh
    Options
    Good Morning Dark Green Team,

I hope everyone is doing well. I know the holidays are creeping up on us but we still have to keep in mind our goals. I will not be logging my food over the holiday. I will be here and will be mindful but I am not going to gorge myself.

Ok so not a lot of people have had any input on the team name so I am going to give you the three and let you vote:

1. Lean, Mean, and Dark Green
    2. Thin it to Win it
    2. Dark Greens getting Lean

The voting will close on Dec 29th I have to get it to CJ so please help.

Challenge ideas are needed., I want everyone to have a voice thru the challenge so please send me those ideas. I

Cheers and Happy Losing,
    Lesley
  • GirlAnachronismE
    Options
    Challenge ideas:
    Do the plank/sideways plank each day for 30 seconds
    Do a certain number of Burpees (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burpee_(exercise)). Also I like the name!
    Also these look quite good http://exercise.about.com/cs/exerciseworkouts/l/blnoweightwkout.htm
    Eat fruit/vegetable with every meal
    Eat under your goal for carbs, sodium etc.
  • GirlAnachronismE
    Options
    Also, there were a few other team name suggestions up thread weren't there? I know I mentioned some =P
  • clairelane1982
    Options
    I quite like Lean, Mean & Dark Green....
  • Terriberry
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    My name is Teresa and I live in Ojai, California. I am 42 years old and have been overweight since my late teens. I have two children, ages, 19 & 20. I gained almost 130 pounds with their combined pregnancies and haven't lost any of it. I've tried WW and succeeded twice, but then gained the weight back. I have been on MFP for a year now and lost a total of 42 pounds but have gained about 10 to 12 of it back in the last month and a half. I joined this challenge to get motivated again and lose this weight once and for all. My mom died at the age of 55 because of her weight and I don't want to follow in her footsteps.
    I like the name Mean and Lean Dark Green for our team. We can all do this so let's support each other and not only win this challenge, but get healthy for good!
  • clairelane1982
    Options
    How are everyones plans for xmas shaping up...... I was just thinking how I am going to manage... I am thinking maybe cut myself some slack and take a break for xmas eve, xmas day and boxing day....... Enjoy xmas and then straight back onto it 27dec in time for this challenge to start ......
  • sweettandb
    Options
    Hello team, sorry for the late response but work has been very hectic these past few weeks and occupying way more of my time than I would like. My name is Tanya and I have been a member of MFP for almost one year. I've lost about 34 lbs since joining this site and actually won a biggest loser contest at my job back in April. Couldn't have done it without MFP. However, I started slacking and gained about 8-10 lbs back. When I saw this challenge, I knew it would be exactly what I needed to get refocused and motivated to get back on track. I also really like the name Lean, Mean, and Dark green and look forward to participating in this challenge with other encouraging and motivating team members. We must all strive for success and motivate/push one another to do so. Can't wait. Please add me as well.

I wanted to add that I am 40 soon to be 41, a military spouse with 2 children (ages 4 and 15), and I am also a nurse so life has been kind of crazy lately as I mentioned before. I started my journey back in Jan. when I was fed up with being overweight after having my second child and not having the energy to do anything but exist. I took a good look in the mirror one day and decided it was time to make a change, so I joined the biggest loser contest at my job. My co-worker had also introduced me to MFP around that time, and it was a lifesaver with keeping me on track. I lost the weight and won the contest much to my surprise but felt great about what I had accomplished. I began to start on maintenance mode but life got in the way and I crept back to some of my old habits which is why I am here now. I want to lose the weight I gained back and finally achieve my original weight-loss goal, but this time I want to maintain these life-long healthy habits.
  • MsBrwnSugga
    MsBrwnSugga Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I like Lean, Mean, and Dark Green,

Challenge Ideas:
    - Do a certain number of burpees, squats, sucide jumps, crunches, situps, and.or etc.
    - Drink at least 8 glasses of water
    - Walk/Jog/Run a certain number of minutes per day/week
    - Burn a certain number of calories per day/week
    - Stay under the reccommended caloric count via MFP
  • AngelaeLebron1
    AngelaeLebron1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Lean, mean and dark green!!!!