Cycle 2 Foods

Options
MsCyone
MsCyone Posts: 223 Member
Cycle 2 Food List

Cycle 2 of the 17 Day Diet (also known as the Activate Cycle) focuses on resetting your metabolism. Your body naturally wants to preserve its fat and Cycle 2 helps keep your body in fat-burning mode by confusing your body with alternate high and low caloric days. Cycle 2 helps keep you from experiencing weight loss plateaus as a result of confusing your body.

In Cycle 2 of the 17 Day Diet, you’ll alternate between Cycle 1 Accelerate days with Cycle 2 Activate days.

For instance, the first day of Cycle 2 you will enjoy unlimited quantities of the same lean proteins and vegetables as Cycle 1 with the addition of new proteins (see below). In addition to the same great foods (and additional proteins) from Cycle 1, you’ll be introduced to two servings of natural starch foods such as brown rice, peas, and yams– all before 2pm.

The second day of Cycle 2 you’ll alternate back to the Cycle 1 food list. The third day of Cycle 2 you’ll alternate back to the Cycle 2 food list which includes the addition of natural starches, and so on.

Pretty cool, right? The introduction to Cycle 2 also helps motivate dieters to stick to their diet after restricting their carbohydrate intake for the first 17 days (which is the toughest cycle to get through).

Remember to drink your hot lemon water every morning, green tea with your meals and at least eight 8 oz glasses of plain water every day. Below is a complete food list for Cycle 2.

Same as Cycle 1, but add in the following:

Seafood:

Clams
Crab
Mussels
Oysters
Scallops
Shrimp

Lean Cuts of Meat:

Flank Steak
Top Sirloin Steak
Top Round
Eye of the round
Beef round tip
Beef top sirloin
Beef top loin
Lean ground beef
Pork Tenderloin
Pork sirloin chops
Pork boneless loin roast
Pork top or center loin chops
Lamb shanks
Lamb sirloin roast
Veal cutlet

Natural Starches- all to be eaten prior to 2pm:

Grains: (1 serving = ½ cup)
Amaranth
Barley, pearled
Brown rice
Bulgar
Coucous
Cream of wheat
Grits
Longer rain rice such as basmati
Millet
Oat bran
Old-fashioned oatmeal
Quinoa

Legumes: (1 Serving = ½ cup)

Black beans
Black-eyed peas
Butter beans
Garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
Great northern beans
Kidney beans
Lentils
Lima beans, baby
Navy beans
Peas
Pinto beans
Soy beans
Split peas

Starchy Vegetables:

Breadfruit (1 serving = 1 cup)
Corn (1 serving = ½ cup)
Potato (1 serving = 1 medium)
Sweet potato (1 serving = 1 medium)
Taro (1 serving = ½ cup)
Winter squashes (acorn, spaghetti, butternut, etc) (1 serving = 1 cup)
Yam (1 serving = 1 medium)

Cleansing Vegetables
(same foods as Cycle 1)
Low-Sugar fruits
(same foods as Cycle 1)
Probiotics
(same foods as Cycle 1)
Friendly Fats
(same foods as Cycle 1)
Condiments
Condiments and seasonings are allowed in moderation: salsa, low-carb marinara sauce, lite soy sauce, low-carb ketchup, fat-free sour cream, low-fat, low sodium broth, Truvia (a non-caloric sweetener from natural ingredients), sugar-free jams and jellies, vegetable cooking-spray, fat-free cheeses (i.e. parmesan) fat-free salad dressing, salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard, herbs and spices.

Replies

• classyhoney
    classyhoney Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Can we have a serving of each listed below or just pick two for the day before 2 p.m.?

For example can I have a sweet potato, oatmeal, and chilli for dinner since it's from all of the groups or I have to choose between having a sweet potato or oatmeal for that day?
  • MsCyone
    MsCyone Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    only two starches so you could have the oatmeal for breakfast and chili or the sweet potato for lunch. try to have your carbs before 2 p.m. so that you have more time to burn them off so later in the evening your body will be in a fat burning mode.
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Hey Pals, I've fallen off the wagon....I hv gained 4 pounds. I hv tried starting over but I am not successful. WOOOOSAHHHHH!!! I'm dusting myself off and getting back to it.