8 weeks of binge eating recovery...

Options
echoica
echoica Posts: 339 Member
...and 45 lbs down!!!! I started at 345 lbs and as of this morning I was an even 300 lbs. My first goal is 299 lbs by Jan. 1. I feel pretty confident I am going to meet that at this point.

I did not really add any exercise until the last 2 weeks either. It feels like I have been doing this for soooooo long now even though it's only been 2 months. The internal self-talk battle was really difficult for the first 3-4 weeks but it is a lot better now too. So I'm just going to keep on going with my new healthy way of living.

Do you want to know what my trick has been (which should come as no surprise)? "Normalized" eating. I eat 3 meals and several snacks a day amounting to (on average) 1200-1400 calories a day. No more starve-binge-starve-binge-starve-binge...I can't believe I finally broke the cycle!!!

I was so excited this morning I just wanted to share this with you all. And have hope that you can break out of this too! It's so hard but sooooo worth it xx

Replies

• lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!! You're an inspiration!
  • mestrydom
    Options
    Awesome! Good for you! This is exactly what you need to be doing. Lose your fear of food and start realising that it really is your friend. I will post my 'recovery story' at some stage as well (15 years now) after being full-on bulimic for more than 5 years. I'm always interested to read how others are handling their BED as there are so many teens caught up in this horrible cycle. Well done!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!!! Congratulations! This was a very motivating post to read. I wish you much luck in the future.