Violet

Options

Replies

• cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    ...if we are supposed to post before pictures

That is an amazing idea! I hadn't thought about doing that. Ms. Captain, you should include that idea in your first blog post. How awesome would it be if we all (or at least some of us) had great before and after pictures?

Also, question for everyone. Does anyone know if the weight that we give on Dec 30th is our official starting weight, or is it the weight that we gave CJ when we first signed up for the challenge?

Yes that is a great idea to put in the blog.

What you weigh on Dec. 30th will be your starting weight for this challenge. Your weight on the spreadsheet will change when you give me what you weigh on Dec. 30th.
  • aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Your weight on the spreadsheet will change when you give me what you weigh on Dec. 30th.
    [/quote]

Have I missed something? Do we have a spreadsheet now? I know about the vote for the team name and I already did that.
  • cdngirl71
    Options
    Your weight on the spreadsheet will change when you give me what you weigh on Dec. 30th.
    [/quote]

Have I missed something? Do we have a spreadsheet now? I know about the vote for the team name and I already did that.
    [/quote]

Yes there is a spreadsheet that CJ made for all the teams.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Apq8QDudCKyRdFVlNTVhcmZvYnlKekkzNFRNUXAtTGc&hl=en_US#gid=12
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    Options
    If you've ever watched "The Biggest Loser" on TV, there are many times when a person gets voted off and they show footage of other cast members saying 'I just keep thinking about all the people who would of given their eye teeth to have the opportunity to be on this show.....and William just gave up!"
    I'm feeling this in a similar way......I feel very lucky to be one of the people who made it into this challenge! There are so many people that would of loved to have gotten into this group! So I'm gearing up to give it 100% of my very best! Let's go Violets! Let's make it count! Let's take the win!
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I am totally with you, Strength. I feel really lucky that I made it into the challenge and that I have the support of such an awesome group of people. I mean, how fortunate are we all to have been paired together, since we're all really into this challenge? The level of enthusiasm is awesome!

And honestly... I've never been competitive before, but I want to take this challenge. :D
  • HouseTargaryen
    Options
    Hello everyone!! I think I have added most of you all as friends..

I am getting sooooo excited about this challenge!! I am sort of a planner so of course you know I've been sitting around planning how to plan for this thing.. :laugh:

Some things I have been doing/plan to do by Dec 30th:

-I posted an old pic of myself from high school as my desktop back ground. I've tried Victoria's Secret models but because I've never been that small (and it really isn't my goal), they really don't have much of an effect on me.. but seeing an actual picture of myself at a weight where I looked smokin' is like... WHOA.. I really can get there because I was there before.

-I've been logging on every day and also combing through success before/after posts on the regular. It keeps me motivated and is, again, a way to keep myself believing that this weight CAN come off and I WILL look fantastic.

-I would like to make a reasonable timeline with mini goals and milestones, with weight and measurements both.

-I LOVEEE spreadsheets. I just got a Mac for xmas (my hubby's the best) so I don't really know how to make them yet (always been a pc girl hahaha), but I like to have a daily weight chart and a weekly or bi-weekly measurement chart, with graphs complete with a goal line and trend line for weight.

-Food is a big issue for me and I really need to plan out meals and grocery lists and stuff.

So far that's all I got... but I was also wondering if we were allowed to make our own group so we can start more than one message board?? This one gets a little confusing when we get too many topics going at once.. What do you think?
  • cdngirl71
    Options
    ... but I was also wondering if we were allowed to make our own group so we can start more than one message board?? This one gets a little confusing when we get too many topics going at once.. What do you think?

That is a great idea!! I don't see why we can't make a group for our team. I will do that and invite you all!!
  • aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Yes there is a spreadsheet that CJ made for all the teams.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Apq8QDudCKyRdFVlNTVhcmZvYnlKekkzNFRNUXAtTGc&hl=en_US#gid=12
    [/quote]

ok thanks I had already saw that spreadsheet I was just a little confused and thought that maybe this team had it own.
  • cdngirl71
    Options
    Ok I made up our own group to make it easier for us to communicate. i have sent out invites to all our team. Please let me know if you got it as that was my first time making a group and sending out the invites.
  • crepes_
    Options
    I got the invite and am so grateful to have our own group now! It'll make things much more organized. We can make a different post per week to talk about what we're all going through and stuff.

Yay!
  • cdngirl71
    Options
    I got the invite and am so grateful to have our own group now! It'll make things much more organized. We can make a different post per week to talk about what we're all going through and stuff.

Yay!

Yes it was a great idea from Lynsey, Thanks!!
  • kiminita
    kiminita Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to find the group..
  • crepes_
    Options
    I can't seem to find the group..

In case someone else can't find the group, here's the link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1434-team-violet-biggest-loser-challenge
  • kiminita
    kiminita Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    the link just takes me to the groups tab of MFP, but not to the group. I can't find it on a search either. OH NO!!!
  • cdngirl71
    Options
    the link just takes me to the groups tab of MFP, but not to the group. I can't find it on a search either. OH NO!!!

I sent you an invite. I made the group private so only our team is able to join.
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    Options
    Could somebody please invite me to the group? I promise I won't bring cookies! :bigsmile:
  • cdngirl71
    Options
    Crap, I put in all the team members in my invite for the group, wonder why some got the invite and others didn't?? I will invite you Strength!!
  • HouseTargaryen
    Options
    ... but I was also wondering if we were allowed to make our own group so we can start more than one message board?? This one gets a little confusing when we get too many topics going at once.. What do you think?

That is a great idea!! I don't see why we can't make a group for our team. I will do that and invite you all!!

AWESOME!! =) Thanks for the invite!
  • cdngirl71
    Options
    Well the votes are in........................our team name is Victorious Violets!! Thanks everyone for voting!! I will be posting a blog later this evening with the results of the voting!!
  • tugrad1204
    tugrad1204 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I didn't get an invite to the group either. Please send another.