Are you.....

Options
zippo32
zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
new to drinking coffee? Wondering what is your favorite types of coffee, flavor, how you make it and why you like it? Do you use a french press? Do you drink coffee black?
How does it fit into your cal./ goals?

Replies

• mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I love my french press but I only use it on the weekends and I like to drink it with a small amount of creamer... during the week I am very loyal to my starbucks grande, extra hot, skinny cinnamon dulce latte LOL :-) the skinny fits in just fine with my calories at a small 130calories :-)
  • KarenShannon
    Options
    My daughter works at Starbucks and she doesn't drink coffee. I love getting her free pound of coffee a week. Since she lives in a different town she saves it up for me. I am a coffee lover, and also use creamer in it. I used to just drink it black and should of never used the flavor creamers. Oh well, I gave up soda two years ago. I don't think I can give up my coffee fix!
  • zippo32
    Options
    My daughter works at Starbucks and she doesn't drink coffee. I love getting her free pound of coffee a week. Since she lives in a different town she saves it up for me. I am a coffee lover, and also use creamer in it. I used to just drink it black and should of never used the flavor creamers. Oh well, I gave up soda two years ago. I don't think I can give up my coffee fix!
    This is the greatest thing I heard all day!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I taught myself to drink it black. However, if I use a french press, grind my beans when I brew, and get good beans, this is not a problem. When I use a K-cup, I just have to live with it. French press is the way to go. I also cold brew coffee sometimes. This is awesome but you have to prepare the day before. I never use sugar or cream. So this fits into my calories just fine since a cup is like 1 or 2 calories. I will drink 1-3 cups almost every day, depending on what I'm doing.

The french said it best, "American's don't know how to drink coffee. Coffee, when prepared right does not need sugar or cream." Which is why I did my homework and found they are right as long as I do what I said about the french press and so on.
  • Raclex
    Raclex Posts: 238
    Options
    LOVE my java in the a.m. I was brought up with a European father and the coffee at home was sacred. Really, it was. So it is a very important part of my life ;-)

We use Lavazza Crema e Gusto or grind our own from Brûlerie St-Denis simply because we do not have much choice out where we live. We have to good old fashion Bialetti stove top as the coffee really doesn't touch any surface like plastic or paper when brewing. Makes it taste yummy. Hubby takes it black, I, take it with a touch of warm milk.

Now when traveling abroad, we always bring back coffee... Cuba, Colombia and the Dominican Republic have some of the best coffee we've tasted so far. Even I drink it black there.

My hubby was very proud because a barista from El Salvador, Alejandro Méndez, won the barista championships in Colombia this year. Represent! :wink: Check it out on you tube... He makes tea and coffee using every part of the bean. To anyone interested in coffee, take a few minutes to look him up. It's truly an art!
  • zippo32
    Options
    LOVE my java in the a.m. I was brought up with a European father and the coffee at home was sacred. Really, it was. So it is a very important part of my life ;-)

We use Lavazza Crema e Gusto or grind our own from Brûlerie St-Denis simply because we do not have much choice out where we live. We have to good old fashion Bialetti stove top as the coffee really doesn't touch any surface like plastic or paper when brewing. Makes it taste yummy. Hubby takes it black, I, take it with a touch of warm milk.

Now when traveling abroad, we always bring back coffee... Cuba, Colombia and the Dominican Republic have some of the best coffee we've tasted so far. Even I drink it black there.

My hubby was very proud because a barista from El Salvador, Alejandro Méndez, won the barista championships in Colombia this year. Represent! :wink: Check it out on you tube... He makes tea and coffee using every part of the bean. To anyone interested in coffee, take a few minutes to look him up. It's truly an art!
    Uhm.....................................................................awesome!!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    About to have the 3pm coffee at work. A co-worker brought her own stash of "Jamaican Me Crazy"... Now there's a coffee to wake yo @ss up. LOL she found it at Home Goods... It was a treasure find.
  • terryb68
    Options
    I work the graveyard shift and I can't keep going without my coffee. I bought myself a grinder and grind my own beans and drink it black. I love it.
  • Steph_Marie29
    Options
    I love my coffee!!!! I don't drink it black. I put creamer in it.
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    new to drinking coffee? Wondering what is your favorite types of coffee, flavor, how you make it and why you like it? Do you use a french press? Do you drink coffee black?
    How does it fit into your cal./ goals?

Love the french press but dont always have time to make coffee that way. I like it strong with powder creamer (I only like Bordens) with truvia. I will also drink it black with just nonfat milk, but I basically love coffee anyway except weak and/or the cheap stuff.
  • OfficerFuzzy
    OfficerFuzzy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I usually have coffee with a little sugar and milk, but I don't mind it black.
    I have a french press on my Christmas list, can't wait to get it. :D
  • zippo32
    Options
    Making my second pot of coffee this morning...............................................it's 10:45a...................
  • Fit_Forever25
    Fit_Forever25 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I have become addicted to Coffee recently.. I love it the most when its black (no sugar no creamer) :drinker:
    But I also love :heart: Starbucks Cappuccino :heart:
    and sometimes I do make it my style: Beaten Coffee
    for that I take 2 heaped teaspoons of any good instant coffee and then add 1 teaspoon sugar and few drops of milk (should be just right to wet the mixture, try to add drop by drop for accuracy :happy: ) and then beat the mixture with a spoon in the cup and after few minutes it will turn creamy and changes color. Then boil a cup of milk and then add this mixture to the milk (depending upon how rich and sweet you want your coffee) and enjoy the creamy beaten taste of coffee :love:
    I keep the rest of the mixture in the fridge for next time :drinker:
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    i'm an addict. need it morning, noon & night. wait we are talking about coffee. lol. still applies. i am a starbucks addict as well. nothing else compares so save your time trying to convince me otherwise. brew verona, french roast, or house blend at home by grinding the beans every morning. during the day its usually a sugar free soy cinnamon dolce latte, sugar free soy vanilla latte, or a sugar free soy caramel machiatto. no more than a tall size these days as the larger sizes pack a whopping amount of calories. days when I need the straight buzz i go for a doppio expresso and don't mess around.
  • zippo32
    Options
    images10.jpg
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Used to be a chain coffee drinker. Now, I'm down to 1 - 3 large travel mugs a day. My fave is Trader Joe's Winter Blend, but I'll drink almost anything in a pinch. I usually use half 'n half, but I'll make do with anything in the creamer family - even powdered if desperate. Drink black very infrequently. No sugar, though- I'm sweet enough already. :drinker:
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I used to be a barista at Seattle's Best so I have the cold brew toddy system they use at the store to make iced coffee. It takes a lb of coffee at a time and 12 hours to steep, but it is delicious and will put hair on your chest. Tastes just like store bought (it's made the same way) and saves so much money, plus people are jealous when i show up to guardmount with iced coffee and they alway want to know where I got from.

Lately though, I'm into hot coffee. I get a cup, shake my soy vanilla milk vigourously so it produces a lot of froth and pour it in, and I get a delicious Cafe au lait.

In addition I have a french press coffee cup from starbucks, and I use that when I'm at work and nowhere near a coffee pot. I've got my coffee bases covered :)
  • zippo32
    Options
    untitled5.jpg
  • zippo32
    Options
    images11-1.jpg
  • likeaphoenix28
    Options
    I usually like a dark roast. I drink my coffee black. I just got a Keurig coffee maker, though I haven't been using it since I can't seem to get up on time in the morning.