daily challenges

Options
Hey everybody! I want to start daily challenges to all of us in the "5'6 with 40 to lose" just something to help boost the losing through the rest of this year! If we all pick a daily challenge, maybe two: ) we will start seeing fantastic rewards. It feels so great to be losing throught this time of year.

OK.. Here goes. I challenge all of you to do 20 minutes of hard cardio and 50 stomach crunches.

feel free to raise the bar. I just set somehting that I have been having a lot of trouble motivating myself to do lately!

: - )

Replies

• AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    So this is our challenge for the day? Game On!

So who gets to pick tomorrow's challenge, and do we just report back here to let everyone know when we are done with each day's challenge?

Great idea (but don't make these too hard - there are some "old fogies" out here : )
  • Jdubmarie
    Jdubmarie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I did 30 min of hard cardio this morning and I'll do the 50 crunches at lunch :)
  • Anliena
    Anliena Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I did 20 mins of 'hard' cardio this morning but I have to skip the crunches. Still healing from a c-section and don't want to push the abs.
  • shadea4455
    shadea4455 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I got in my hour of hard cardio this morning and will get my crunches in now! Great challenge, thanks!
  • chrislin2011
    chrislin2011 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Alright, I'm in. I did my 30 minutes of cardio this morning. I will get those crunches in this afternoon. Honestly it has been awhile since I have attempted crunches.
  • chrislin2011
    Options
    OK, I did the crunches. SLOWLY with breaks but I got them done.
  • chickpeas83
    Options
    Hey everybody! I want to start daily challenges to all of us in the "5'6 with 40 to lose" just something to help boost the losing through the rest of this year! If we all pick a daily challenge, maybe two: ) we will start seeing fantastic rewards. It feels so great to be losing throught this time of year.

OK.. Here goes. I challenge all of you to do 20 minutes of hard cardio and 50 stomach crunches.

feel free to raise the bar. I just set somehting that I have been having a lot of trouble motivating myself to do lately!

Ok my cardio was cross country skiing! 25 minutes, it was a great burn, and I just did my crunches! OUCH!!! I havent done crunches in ages and I was and am feeling it!
    First on tomorrow should set the challenge! thanks everyone, I need this to get out of my usual routine.
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Great idea, but the girls (my boobies) are in some serious pain...I was planning on skipping the gym tonight. Crunches this evening.
  • zoe4friends
    zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I just found this thread, but I actually have completed the challenge for the day: I have done 40 min of Insanity and did 70 crunches today, so happy :-)
  • MissingPixies
    MissingPixies Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I completed the challenge. Did my normal jog/run around the block and did the crunches (ouch) but got to get ready for Jillian Michaels (right?) because she isn't messing around.
  • chickpeas83
    Options

OK FRIENDS,
    We need another daily challenge, and I am coming up empty?????? Im getting ready to walk out the door for loads of running around, and need somehitng to keep my from the Tim Hortons line up! SOMEBODY issue a daily challenge!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    bodyweight squats! Do 10 anytime you have a free moment, the space, and you won't be too embarrassed.
  • chrislin2011
    Options
    Ok, can somebody tell me what "body weight squats" are?
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    squats without holding any weights. if you youtube something called an "air squat" (I think that's what crossfit calls them) you will see a lot of people doing them very fast - you don't need to do them that fast but there should be a "proper form" video out there somewhere.
  • chickpeas83
    Options
    i don't know what a "body weight squat" is either???
    but I did push a loaded down costco cart about three blocks, in the snow! I was sweating by the time I got to my truck!!!: