Official Weigh-in Thread for December 20, 2011

Options
ironband
ironband Posts: 157 Member
Happy New Week everyone! Here's this week's thread...let's do it!

Andre

Replies

• andy_gilfrin
    Options
    Started at 349 lbs in June

28/09/2011 : 279lbs
    04/10/2011 : 279lbs
    15/10/2011 : 277lbs
    01/11/2011 : 274lbs
    08/11/2011 : 275lbs
    15/11/2011 : 270lbs
    22/11/2011 : 259lbs
    29/11/2011 : 257lbs
    20/12/2011 : 253lbs - 4lb down

Just 2 pounds to go now to reach my first target. I wanted to do it before Christmas but that might be a little bit ambitious now, although I will weigh myself on Friday to get the final figure.

I will take Christmas day off, although not go really mad, then back on it. I will still need to drop 30 pounds or so after but to have dropped 92 so far is just amazing (if I do say so myself ;) )
  • ironband
    Options
    Nice work Andy!

As for myself, I'm UP 3 lbs today. Not such a wonderful week, and waaaaay too much sodium the last couple of days. My ring is not fitting as loose as it usually does, so I know I'm holding some water. But I'm sure some of that is the fruit of my holiday parties, and lack of sleep the last couple nights probably isn't helping.

I won't be weighing in next week since I'll be off from work. I've got Christmas and my 15th anniversary to contend with, then New Year's. So the plan for the next two weeks is to limit the damage so I don't have to make up too much ground after the first of the year.

So, body...you've been put on notice...don't get too comfortable.

Andre
  • slashkiss
    slashkiss Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Last week ... 214.2

This week ... 215.2

*My ring is tighter than usually and I ate entirely too much sodium all weekend so I am know I am retaining some water but not sure how much! I had family in town and then we went out of town so I pretty much ate out every meal from Friday through Monday so this was a rough week. Even if I did gain a true pound I am okay with that since I got to enjoy eating yummy things all weekend with my family. I will see where I am before I leave for Xmas vacation on Friday because I am sure I will gain 5 pounds over Xmas weekend!!!!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I gained....oh well back to the laboratory!!!!!! LOL!!!! :D
  • xwllflwrx
    xwllflwrx Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    11/29/11 - Weight: 268
    12/06/11 - Weight: 265 LOSS: -3
    12/13/11 - Weight: 262 LOSS: -3
    12/20/11 - Weight: 257 LOSS: -5
    December GW: 260
  • Bheller234
    Options
    Well, i weighed myself today and i am the same weight i was last week. I'm still at 155. I feel like i'm doing great and i feel like i am getting somewhere though with my weight though. Two weeks still left this month and i have confidence that i will lose some more.
  • andy_gilfrin
    Options
    Seems like it's a tough time for people which is to be expected. I'm surprised I lost anything as I ate and drank a bit more than I should the last few weeks, although I have been doing this for such a long time now even eating normally seems like it's too much these days (which it clearly isn't).

The thing to remember is you can fluctuate a fair bit from water retention, once you get back on track that weight drops off quickly again like it did originally. I have found when I slip and then get back on it that extra weight comes off quickly again.

Have a great Christmas all (I'm in the UK we don't say happy holidays)
  • andy_gilfrin
    Options
    Done it, I weighed myself this morning and I have reached the target I wanted to by the end of the year (93.7 lbs).

I was going to wait until after the new year to set a new goal but that seemed counter productive and if I want to get where I need to be I will have to keep the momentum going. So new goal set, just a shame the frog couldn't stay at the end for a little longer, but I have a new point to focus on and looking forward to getting there.

I don't generally think setting time limits is a good idea, but I'd like to reach the next goal by my Birthday on April.

Thanks for all the support, especially to Andre who has been a massively supportive and I can't thank him enough.
  • slashkiss
    slashkiss Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    So I weighed myself yesterday since I knew I had been retainging water from last weekend and I was 211.6!
  • ironband
    Options
    Looks like we're all doing "sneaky" non-Tuesday weigh-ins...I did it too, and was pleased to see that today (after shedding the water) I'm back at 211.0, so nothing really gained.

slashkiss - excellent - great loss!

andy - truly inspiring, and thanks for the props! We're going to kill it in the new year - you know it!

As I said - no weigh in for me next week, but I'll still check in and see how everyone is faring. Until then, Merry Christmas to all!

Andre

(TIme to go for a run!)
  • andy_gilfrin
    Options
    Looks like we're all doing "sneaky" non-Tuesday weigh-ins...I did it too, and was pleased to see that today (after shedding the water) I'm back at 211.0, so nothing really gained.

I think we all know Christmas might be a problem :)

So get one in as close as possible, it's actually motivated me to not indulge too much, it's just my wife and I this year and we haven't gone mad buying loads of bad stuff, we will have a good Christmas day but without the week long excess afterwards.