Teal

Options

Replies

• KerriMx5
    KerriMx5 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    What sort of surgery are you having? I just had surprise surgery and it is hard to not be able to do stuff. I am watching what I eat since that is all I can do. I plan on slow walks soon. I think it is all in how you think about it. Well for me it is. I am not feeling bad about this I am trying to stay in the right frame of mind. I had a few slips ups but I am still working at it. I look forward to being able to get up and get moving again. I have 6 weeks, well about 5 now I think, until I can start back full force but I am plan on some little stuff soon. When I can get up without feeling like I am going to pass out. ')
  • krista010105
    krista010105 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    im having a major huge very painful cyst removed off my keft wrist. im left handed so will be basically not able to do much at all. was told no lifting anything for a month and absolutely no bending my wrist for atleast a month. ive had it since i was in the army in 2005 and its gettiong worse and worse, i planned to have it removed now since we met our deductable with the birth of my son 3 months ago so im having it done before the end of the year as to not pay a deductable that id have to pay on top of the surgery cost if i waited til after the new year. i cant go bowling i cant write for more than a few minutes it hurts to drive at times when its flaired up. i cant do push ups pull ups or any exercise that involves bending my wrist so now that im done having kids and want to get back in shape i need to be able to do workouts 100 percent. luckily my hubby has sick time saved up so he can take off as long as i need to take care of the baby a cook change diapers give baths and let me take pain meds. having the surgery will set me back a month but in the long run will help me move forward.
  • KerriMx5
    Options
    Hey do we have a group page yet? Will we?
  • KerriMx5
    Options
    Krista I wish you a speedy recovery!!!
  • KerriMx5
    Options
    I think our group might be the quietest one on here. :)
  • suzysassafrass
    suzysassafrass Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm sorry I've been so bad about introducing myself, but life has been crazy between work and getting ready for the holidays! :(

I'm Stephanie, I'm 28, I live in Colorado with my boyfriend and his three kids (every other weekend at least). I'm currently at about 225 and my ultimate goal is 140. I've been heavier for about 15 years and the number just keeps working its way up so I'm going to do something to make it go DOWN once and for all. I work for an area hospital and just joined the Medical Fitness facility that they own so I'm excited to start going and working my butt off, the extra motivation here will be a HUGE help as my boyfriend had knee surgery and is very limited in what he's able to do with me while we're there. I'm excited to get going on this! :)
  • amybell68
    amybell68 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I think our group might be the quietest one on here. :)

I was thinking the same thing!!! We need to make some noise!!!!
  • KerriMx5
    Options
    Yes we do. Does anyone know what this picture is supposed to be of that we are supposed to turn in? Or the group page or blog?
    Challenge ideas for ourselves?
  • KerriMx5
    Options
    Ok so figured it out. A picture of the first challenge we set for ourselves... ??
  • krista010105
    krista010105 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    im totally confused. well im off of here for a few days atleast. going for surgery in the morning so i will not be online for a few days atleast being drugged up with pain meds and a useless hand. will try to remember to get my weight in on friday but cant guarentee i will be awake.
  • shelleytobefit
    shelleytobefit Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing about everyone being so quiet :) I think maybe with the holidays everyone is so busy, but your right lets makes some noise!! I just seen a post about getting in contact with our captain or you can be eliminated right away so I hope everyone has messaged our captain since we don't want to lose any of you lovely girlie girls!! and on that note I hope she got my message and knows I am still ready to participate!! It has been a little confusing - so do we just have this thread or is there another one we are supposed to use? Do you know if our team name got put in? Or our first challenge w/pic? I would just hate for the Teal team to be booted since we didn't get all of our info in :)

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to you all! Have a wonderful holiday weekend. I am on here today and maybe once more until the 27th, but please send me any info that you have that I might have missed. Thanks bunches!! Take Care!
  • shelleytobefit
    Options
    Krista......Wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery!!! Let us know how you are ;) If you are having trouble getting on the computer in the beginning let me know and I can message you my cell and I can text or call you with any info. Just don't want you to miss out on anything :)
  • KerriMx5
    Options
    Our wonderful team captain said our first challenges will be:

also the first challenge is going to be water at least a gallon our first week and at least 30 mins of daily cardio just to.get everyone moving and possible a nutrition challenge.

From me:

Now we just need some pictures to go with them.

I look forward to doing this with you all. Plus this first set of challenges our captain chose I can do while recovering. I am so happy.
  • shelleytobefit
    Options
    I found a few pics, but I couldn't figure out how to put them on here so I am going to message them to the captain and co-captain :)

Just a few sugestions......I am not being pushy LOL!! :)

** Ok I can't seem to figure out how to post them other then on my page under my pictures.....so I have them there if you want to check them out and maybe use them......sorry I couldn't be any more help :)
  • KerriMx5
    Options
    Well you and I both. I couldn't figure it out either. I know what people have told me about posting pics and changing stuff to make them work but the never work for me. Ahhh well.
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Our wonderful team captain said our first challenges will be:

also the first challenge is going to be water at least a gallon our first week and at least 30 mins of daily cardio just to.get everyone moving and possible a nutrition challenge.

From me:

Now we just need some pictures to go with them.

I look forward to doing this with you all. Plus this first set of challenges our captain chose I can do while recovering. I am so happy.

Oooooo!!!! Our first challenge, and one that I think I may be able to actually handle! Was worried about that part of all of this! Can't wait to get started!
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Oh I do have a question, are we going to do a banner for our ticker, I know it's not required but wanted to check to see if anyone had thought about it.
  • amybell68
    amybell68 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Love this challenge!! And I wish I could figure out pics too!!
  • KerriMx5
    Options
    I just bought, well Santa bought, the Ripped in 30 JM DVD while at Costco tonight. They had a few of hers. It will be under the tree. I can't start it until I get the clear from the surgeon but I am so excited. Her stuff is a great add on to my walks. Or in place of my walks if the weather is bad. I can't wait to get back to my 60-90 min workout days.
  • MsCyone
    MsCyone Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    bl2012-1.jpg

Team badge for ticker if you want to use it.