Goals?

Options
Fieldsy
Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
Anyone want to start creating goals for ourselves?

I was thinking my next time drinking, I will just have 6 beers/drinks. That might sound a lot to some of you, but I can easily have 12 drinks in one day...even more

Replies

• KerstZab
    KerstZab Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    3 glasses of wine...
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    My birthday is on 5th January 2012 and thereafter my goal is to give up drinking wine for the rest of the month. I'm going to swap it for Gin and Slimline Tonic which is less fattening and I can only have a couple then i've had enough!
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    double post - sorry!
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I am hoping come Jan 1st, since the diet/weight loss resolution is already taking place, no more drinking during the week!
  • jodidlyO
    Options
    I can't do moderation, so Ive stopped totally as of yesterday. I spent most of 2010 with no alcohol, so I know I can do it. I also know I can't just have the one or two, so this is how it has to be for me. Doing ok so far, feeling strong :-)
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    no more than 3...NO MATTER HOW LONG I AM OUT!!!!!
  • DoxieMama70
    DoxieMama70 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My first mini-goal is to have nothing until NYE. Yes, I know that's only 3 nights until then, but it's a starting place. Will make a new goal starting the 1st!
  • m1shootr
    m1shootr Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I can't do moderation, so Ive stopped totally as of yesterday. I spent most of 2010 with no alcohol, so I know I can do it. I also know I can't just have the one or two, so this is how it has to be for me. Doing ok so far, feeling strong :-)
    It's an addiction, as in any drug. Total abstinence is the only victory. You are correct, one won't work. I've reached total victory with nicotine after 28 years of smoking (5 years now), but am struggling with alcohol.Keep up the good work.
  • Fieldsy
    Options
    My first mini-goal is to have nothing until NYE. Yes, I know that's only 3 nights until then, but it's a starting place. Will make a new goal starting the 1st!

pretty much where I am at...

I am still currently drinking regularly until the new year. I am on a holiday break from work, so its especially hard right now to fight the battle with alcohol.
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I want to stop drinking once the new year starts.
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I am trying to limit myself during the week to only one glass of wine per night, or one liquor based drink if I have that.
  • jodidlyO
    Options
    Hope everyone did ok over the weekend - I didn't have anything to drink (I didn't go out!) so I was good. Still feeling strong and now DH is off alcohol too. He has problems as well so this is massive for him but very good for me.

:flowerforyou:
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Nothing to drink on new years eve, cuz I had to work an overnight shift. But I'm happy with that. And now, today, I am officially starting my sobriety. Let's do this!
  • DoxieMama70
    Options
    Just curious, what are some things that have worked for everyone to help cut down or cut out alcohol use? Obviously, not having it in the house helps a lot. I'd love to hear what works for others.
  • LighteningLynn
    LighteningLynn Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My first accomplishment was to stop drinking wine.

My goal as of today is to stop drinking during the week.
  • LighteningLynn
    LighteningLynn Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I don't have a bit problem with beer. I like brandy sweet/sour. This sounds kinda funny but I "hide" the bottle from where I normally keep it. Usually down the basement!!! I know it's there but out of sight out of mind theory. :happy:
  • Fieldsy
    Options
    I sometimes hide my drinking.....like I love to drink alone because I wont have anyone watching me....its bad
  • jodidlyO
    Options
    Not so strong tonight....
  • DoxieMama70
    Options
    Having a little trouble getting motivated with this myself...
  • jodidlyO
    Options
    Totally fell off the wagon last night had waay too much to drink then at about midnight when I went to bed my daughter woke up and fell over on her way to the bathroom. She dislocated her thumb and we had to go to hospital to get it put back into place. I ended up with no sleep and really hung over today when my daughter really needed her mum to be there for her.

I feel awful.

Hope everyone else is doing better.