Upcoming races?

Options
2»

Replies

• Photoology
    Photoology Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Anyone know of a 5k or 10k around March or April? Looking for something during my Half-Marathon training.

Kelley's St Patty's day 5k is in March... check out charmcityrun.com for other events and dates for the Baltimore region as well as active.com
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Just found out about the Zooma race in Annapolis. I'd love to run that one. My college town. I may have to sign up for the 10k. I think its too soon after the Frederick Half to have time to recover in time to run the Zooma Annapolis Half.

Anyone else possibly doing this race?
  • chrissyv1024
    chrissyv1024 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I was working out a tentative schedule for 2012. I have Zooma on my calendar. This would be my first greater than 5k race! EEEk!
    I am also looking for a St. Patty's day race in March.

I will have to check out the racing sites again in Jan since I'm sure new ones will be posted.
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Frederick is beautiful! The course is nice and flat so it's definitely worth checking out.
    Then for a huge contrast, do Baltimore in the fall and get the MD Double medal. I did that in 2011 and I loved it :D
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    2012 races:

Chambersburg 1/2 in March
    Gettysburg full in April
    Frederick 1/2 relay with my husband. It's still up in the air since it's a week after my first full Marathon so I may not even be able to run 6.5 miles lol
    Shepherdstown 1/2 (or full...we'll see how Gettysburg goes first lol) in September
    Columbia Metric Marathon in November. It's an AWESOME, AWESOME race!! Really tough but totally worth it.
    And the Frederick Turkey Trot 5k :)
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Frederick is beautiful! The course is nice and flat so it's definitely worth checking out.
    Then for a huge contrast, do Baltimore in the fall and get the MD Double medal. I did that in 2011 and I loved it :D

Can't wait to do the Frederick half. Heard lots of good stuff about it.
  • Photoology
    Photoology Posts: 121 Member
    Options

Can't wait to do the Frederick half. Heard lots of good stuff about it.

ooh a flat course? now thats exciting :) Ill be there for the frederick for sure!! :) And the Bmore half... I think I am honestly doing these just for the medals :)
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Just signed up for the Clyde's 10k in Columbia on April 15.
  • andrea9873
    andrea9873 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Sole of the City in a few weeks 4/21/12 :smile:
    Baltimore Women's Classic 6/24/12 :smile:
  • tbuttner2011
    tbuttner2011 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm training for my first 5k in September :) Never fancied myself a runner. Then I realized I'm running for my life, and it feels good.
  • ltetak
    ltetak Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Is anyone doing the Annapolis 10 Mile on the 25th of August?