June 2012 GLP Schd

Options
Hi ALL! I am new to this website but my BFF realy recommended I give it a try. I am currently starting my 6 mth waiting period and monitored diet so I can hopefully have my surgery in June. I am very nervous and although I have read lots on information on the surgery I was hoping to get some real life experiences. I'm currently 250lbs 5'5" my goal weight is 150lbs. Any information and support is great appreciated.

Replies

• skatermom503
    Options
    Are you having the Lap Band or the RNY?
  • LuvBug0712
    Options
    I'm having the LapBand
  • risskie
    risskie Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our 'little' but growing group. Glad you are here and beginning your journey. There are many of us who have had the lap band, or are preparing for it. It's only a matter of time until someone can give you the answers and support you are looking for.
    My decision is the bypass. My surgery date is 1/16. I am about to start my 2 week pre-surgery liquid high protein diet. So far I am not nervous, but excited as my journey to that date was 5 months and 49 lbs down.
    Get all your questions answered, but keep asking more. This will help you keep the motivation to continue.
    Again, Welcome and check back often.
    Christine:flowerforyou: