I hear tattoos hurt

Options

Replies

• skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    the worst I found was accross the top of my foot, close to the ankle, near the veins. I almost passed out!

This was the worst part for mine. It's the only spot where I felt like I would pass out. The rest of my foot was fine.
  • laughingwasabi
    Options
    The worst for me had to be the inside of my right wrist, because it was right over bone/nerve and scar tissue! Second to that, my upper back, right over my spine in-between the shoulder blades...the actual spot didn't hurt that much, but it made my fingers tingle rather uncomfortably.
  • AshjMusik
    AshjMusik Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Right at the very inner tip of my hip.. My right *kitten* cheek was sore from clenching getting the left hip done lol

[Edit]
    So everyone knows for a long sitting u should drink lots of fluids & keep some solid food in ur tummy, right? Well yesterday I did 6 hours straight & only had a lunchable, banana & nut trail mix with plenty if water. Everything was great & I stood up for the wipe down & pics.. Was standing for about 2-3mins when I noticed his voice sounded kinda funny behind me. I started shaking a little & he asked if I was ok. Within seconds my ears suddenly felt like I was at the ocean, the room was spinning like I was drunk.. I broke out into a sweat & my skin felt hot & tingly but freezing with goosebumps. I told him I felt a little dizzy & he told me to sit down.

Apparently this is when my knees buckled & I fell back right into his arms, out cold & he had to lift me back onto the table. He said it was ~5 sec's later he's shaking me asking if I was ok & my eyes pop open & I'm like "ya why?" lol. Gave the poor guy a heart attack :p. Drank a cup of water & was fine to drive home about 10mins later. Ate a hearty chicken pot pie & slept for 13 hours straight last night. Feel fantastic today, but WOW I've never felt anything like that (sober heh) before! I assume it's b/c I didn't have enough food in my stomach, but I admit my pride is a little hurt & I really should have known better. Has this happened with anyone else?
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Right at the very inner tip of my hip.. My right *kitten* cheek was sore from clenching getting the left hip done lol

[Edit]
    So everyone knows for a long sitting u should drink lots of fluids & keep some solid food in ur tummy, right? Well yesterday I did 6 hours straight & only had a lunchable, banana & nut trail mix with plenty if water. Everything was great & I stood up for the wipe down & pics.. Was standing for about 2-3mins when I noticed his voice sounded kinda funny behind me. I started shaking a little & he asked if I was ok. Within seconds my ears suddenly felt like I was at the ocean, the room was spinning like I was drunk.. I broke out into a sweat & my skin felt hot & tingly but freezing with goosebumps. I told him I felt a little dizzy & he told me to sit down.

Apparently this is when my knees buckled & I fell back right into his arms, out cold & he had to lift me back onto the table. He said it was ~5 sec's later he's shaking me asking if I was ok & my eyes pop open & I'm like "ya why?" lol. Gave the poor guy a heart attack :p. Drank a cup of water & was fine to drive home about 10mins later. Ate a hearty chicken pot pie & slept for 13 hours straight last night. Feel fantastic today, but WOW I've never felt anything like that (sober heh) before! I assume it's b/c I didn't have enough food in my stomach, but I admit my pride is a little hurt & I really should have known better. Has this happened with anyone else?

I have done many large 5-6 hour sittings an never had this response. But I was drinking stuff with plenty of sugar in it as its the sugar rush which helps your body with the shock.

However I had the exact feeling when I had my lip pierced... Ears started going funny and then I thought I was going to be fine, I was about to pay and next thing I remember I was in a bed with a cold washer! for about 20 mintues. it really knocked me for a 6. Tattooing hasnt given me this response though :)

However I have gotten quite sick the day after being tattooed, I often get a nasty cold! Sucks!
  • kellzroxs
    kellzroxs Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i only have two tattoos, one on my lower back and one on my right wrist...neither of them hurt i actually like the way it feels :P...cant wait to get my next one!!! and ive had a couple piercings my eyebrow, labret, tongue, i had them for awhile but i took them all out kinda wanna get my eyebrow done again, and i have 00 gauges..luv em!
  • iatethesky
    Options
    Top of the foot was awful for me for some reason.

My shin was surprisingly the least painful one i've had, and its nothing but bone. Hrmm.
  • bayertablets
    bayertablets Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My foot was pretty rough... it was the worst out toward my pinky toe and the outer edge of my foot. My first tattoo didn't hurt AT ALL. It's on my tragus and probably took about 3 seconds to do. :P Good to know that the collarbone is painful though, because I do want a chest piece (hence my ticker).
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Top of the foot was awful for me for some reason.

My shin was surprisingly the least painful one i've had, and its nothing but bone. Hrmm.
    my shin was mad easy
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Top of my shoulder was the worst for me.

My collar bone was't horrible, but tilting my head for 45 mins made my neck a bit stiff lol
  • BreezyLuv
    Options
    I have 8 tattoos. I would say that most worst ones were my feet. I used lamauze breathing more in getting my foot tattoos than I did in giving birth to my son. I must say that even though it hurt like a b****, I still love the ink! Can't wait to get more and more and more!! =)
  • killingtheantagonist
    Options
    The worst tattoo I've ever gotten was the one on my chest which went right under my collar bone. The ones on my calf and shoulder were a piece of cake.
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    The worst tattoo I've ever gotten was the one on my chest which went right under my collar bone. The ones on my calf and shoulder were a piece of cake.

This is one place I am dreading when I get my chest done haha
  • killingtheantagonist
    Options
    Hah, it was also my first tattoo which made it a million times worse because I didn't know what to expect. I did have to get it redone and that time it wasn't as bad. I think you can take it though. :P
  • threeforagirl
    Options
    My wrist hurt like nobody's business, but I think that had more to do with the artist having a super heavy hand. I scabbed ridiculous amounts in the worst spot despite my great aftercare.

Up near my collarbone made me a bit edgy, too.
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I only have 4 so far. I have four stars wrapping around my wrist, a cherub piece on my forearm and Jack and Sally from NBC on either calf. I guess the one that hurt the most was Sally. There were a few times where my boyfriend tried to talk to me and I remembered telling him to leave me alone because it felt like I was about to kick the s#*@ out of the artist. The one that was the most pain in the *kitten* tho was my cherub when it started itching. I had dreams I bit my arm off because it itched so bad lol
  • moonfireknits
    Options
    Of my 20+ tattoos, my chest, inner calf, and the very top of my shoulders have been the worst. Arms are a breeze... I wish I had more arms. :)
  • inkedartist
    Options
    My chest (which I have a total of 10 hours, with 3 more to go) was the worst. Every session I had to get up from the table and try not to hyperventilate. Though I figured out once I started to get super pissed off, I felt much better.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    The top of my foot was pretty bad. So much so after an hour I had to quit and still haven't had it finished yet, I'm too chicken.

My leg was pretty bad (calf and shin) but that was more the amount of time it was worked on than the actual tattoo itself, 4 hours and the next day I couldn't walk on it!

All my other tattoos were fine. :)
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I have 10 tat's... ranging from my upper arm, chest, groin, back & ankle... the one that hurt the most??? ON MY *kitten* CHEEK!!! No doubt about it. It's not large, but felt like he was writing a novel back there!!! LOL
  • sekhmet13
    sekhmet13 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    It's a toss-up, either the achilles tendon or that spot at the ankle between the achilles and the bony knob on the outside. Took everything I had to stay still and not kick during those!