Biggest Loser - 1st Challenge

Options

Replies

• wendrz
    wendrz Posts: 118
    Options
    Whelp here we go.... Bring on the Burpees!! GO BLACK!!
  • amybell68
    amybell68 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I did these when I did the Insanity workout!! They are HARD but I will do my best!!! When do we start?? the first??
  • txwomyn
    Options
    Burpees I just tried one this is going to be harder than I thought.
    1 burpee down ##### more to go
    But that is what I needed a challange.
  • MelBee29
    Options
    i would like to join this challenge ... what group would i be under ?
  • Jesusinme4life
    Jesusinme4life Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    These burpees are going to be intersting as I can't even do a full push-up, and even struggle with push-ups on my knees due to very sore knees. Don't think you will be getting an email from me that I did more then attempt to do burpees:smile: Glad it is almost the 1st, can't wait to get started!
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Not my favourite exercise to do :angry: but will take on this challenge!!
  • run4life21
    run4life21 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amybell68
    amybell68 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I found this on a web site, and added burpee's under cardio for 180lb person, it is "Burpee's for 180lb person" I hope this helps some of you!!

Calories for doing Burpee's

Vigorous calisthenics such as pushups, sit-ups and burpees burn 563 calories an hour for a 155 lb. person. The burn is 472 for someone weighing 130 lbs., 645 for someone at 180 lbs. and 745 for someone who weighs 205 lbs., notes the online site NutriStrategy.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/318485-the-calories-burned-with-burpees/#ixzz1hzQX3lrl
  • hbaby08
    Options
    P.S. I added burpees to the exercise selections. (;

*I used information I found on livestrong.com (which pulled the info from http://www.nutristrategy.com/).

TY good site.
  • krista010105
    krista010105 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    since i cant do blurpees for atleast another 2 to 3 weeks along with any major exercises since imn still recoviering from surgery im automatically eliminated???????
  • ingot81
    ingot81 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    since i cant do blurpees for atleast another 2 to 3 weeks along with any major exercises since imn still recoviering from surgery im automatically eliminated???????

I'm sure you could do something different under the circumstances. Focus on your diet and weightloss and I'm sure you'll be fine. I know I won't get immunity from this (or the 1lb advantage) so I'm just going to work hard to survive until something I am brilliant at comes along.
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options

No, the Burpees I believe are for the immunity challenge only. You only have to worry about the Teal Terminator challenges for elimination. The two lowest percentages in our group (Teal Terminators) are up for elimination. Again, I could be wrong, but that's how I read it. If I'm wrong someone correct me! :happy:
  • knighty
    Options
    can the captain emial you highest burpee player? im gonna keep track of amount figure will be easier so you dont have everyone spamming you how many they did i can just send you my teams top persons amount?
  • Biggest_Loser_2012
    Options
    Burpees are not required. They are just for the Immunity.
    The two teams with the lowest % will have two people up for elimination.
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Good to know they're not required...BUT I am going to try them and see how many I CAN do! lol
  • lisalamb62
    Options
    Good to know because I am trying to heal a torn rotator cuff! I will still try and do them... carefully! :)
  • mattquit
    mattquit Posts: 175
    Options
    5000 doesn't sound so unrealistic if given 2 weeks times. in my understanding you don't need to do them in a row right?
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I know they are hard but they are also very good for you. (and if you tell me you did 5000 burpees, I am not going to believe you!! So please be honest, its not like we are offering a $1,000,000 at the end of this)

Challenge excepted! Only 357 burpees a day to get get 5,000 in two weeks!

Good luck to everyone! I'm just glad they aren't the 8 count burpees my husband does!
  • knighty
    Options
    noooo not burpees again last challenge i was in i about killed my self doin em lol...... but its what i need to push my self....
  • CarolAnn0730
    Options
    I know they are hard but they are also very good for you. (and if you tell me you did 5000 burpees, I am not going to believe you!! So please be honest, its not like we are offering a $1,000,000 at the end of this)

Challenge excepted! Only 357 burpees a day to get get 5,000 in two weeks!

Good luck to everyone! I'm just glad they aren't the 8 count burpees my husband does!

If I could do 357 burbees in a day.... I don't think I'd be doing this challenge - I'd definitely be in maintenance mode. BUT - if you can -- GO FOR IT!! :happy: You would definitely be my hero!