How heavy are the weights you're using?

Options
I'm going to be starting the shred with 1.5kg weights and i'm really interested to hear what weights everyone else is using! Let me know :)

Replies

• Chika85
    Chika85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm using 5lbs weights. I think I might get some heavier ones for the easier exercises.
  • MrsRBS
    MrsRBS Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I only have 5 lbs right now, I used them yesterday and my arms are super sore.
  • deporee
    Options
    I'm using 5lbs (if I can figure out where they are!)
  • Sd0510
    Sd0510 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I am using 3 lbs. I bought the 30DS mat and weight set and that is what came with it. It's good for me because I have NO arm strength at all! =)
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I have 3lbs and 5lbs weights.... I will start with the 3 and then move to the 5 when the 3's don't challenge me enough!

I am so excited!!! Can't wait to do this with you ladies!!!! :drinker:
  • paigebolling
    paigebolling Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have 2 and 5lb weights. I'm going to start with 2 and then after I get used to the workout I'm going to increase to 5. Never done the workouts before, bought the dvd today and done level 1. Its an intense workout on level1!! Mostly because I hate jumping jacks! :laugh:
  • TuesdayFair
    Options
    I have 5 pound weights. I might pick up a pair of 10 pounders tomorrow just to see what that feels like.
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I have 2 and 5lb weights. I'm going to start with 2 and then after I get used to the workout I'm going to increase to 5. Never done the workouts before, bought the dvd today and done level 1. Its an intense workout on level1!! Mostly because I hate jumping jacks! :laugh:

I DETEST jumping jacks. Hate, hate, hate them. Not sure if I made that clear! I think it's because I'm scared my boobs will hit me in the face :embarassed: Or it could just be that they kill me......
  • countrygirl812
    Options
    I use 3lb weights.
  • HeavenlyBri77
    Options
    I started yesterday and have been using the 5 pound weights. I woke up sooooo sore this morning but pushed through the workout anyway. Makes me feel good the rest of the day knowing that my workout is already taken care of.
  • SBelle83
    SBelle83 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Jumping jacks take a lot of getting used to. But they are growing on me!!:)
  • SBelle83
    SBelle83 Posts: 18 Member
    Options

I DETEST jumping jacks. Hate, hate, hate them. Not sure if I made that clear! I think it's because I'm scared my boobs will hit me in the face :embarassed: Or it could just be that they kill me......

Lol!! That is exactly why I hated jumping jacks at first. I wear two bras to keep them down and it seems to work. :)
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I have 5lb and 8lbs.. Going to start with 5 ;) Hoping to move to 8lbs though ;)

And Ladies.. Spanxs and girdles are Great to keep the TaTa's from Moving during Jumping Jacks;)
  • pghsteelerfan
    pghsteelerfan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to be a part of this..will be more inclined to keep with it this way..and i wont be alone when the soreness hits!! Gonna start with the 3 lbs...and work my way to 5lbs...only thing i'm worried about is doing any thrusts..this ole body just cant do that!!
  • PRprincess
    PRprincess Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I only have 5 lbs right now, I used them yesterday and my arms are super sore.

Yes I am going to use 5lbs as well.
  • Lupiemomma30
    Lupiemomma30 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have 3, 5 and 8....but I'll probably use 3 lbs until it gets easier (if it ever does) then go to 5lbs.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    8lb weights for me
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    My weights are marked in kgs. I will be using 3kg ones on some and 1.5kg on others that are too difficult with the larger ones.
  • Kelly1493
    Options
    I'm starting with the 3 lbs...and work my way to 5lbs
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Started with 5 but quickly changed to 3!! LOL