fresh hot yeast rolls

Options
Made your mouth water didn't I. I bring this up because my gluten free friend gave me a fresh loaf of gluten free bread. Since I am celiac, I have not ate bread for over a year. Gluten free bread tastes ok, its very expensive about 7 dollars a loaf. I probably won't eat but one piece of it. I think bread is evil, even whole wheat. Many people will eat almost a loaf of bread in a week. aprox 1500 calories. However, when you grab a slice, you start thinking about what to put on it. Most toppings are bad, bad, bad. Butter, lunch meat, Jelly. plus, if you are eating bread, it is usually replacing something more healthy that you should be eating. Bread just really doesn't have much nutrients in it.

Replies

• hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    It's funny you raise this topic as I luv bread(brown/wholewheat) BUT wheat rates VERY high on the Inflammation scale & I would like to find out if I feel different without it in the New year. But I am not sure I can give it up :( P.S sardines on toast is lovely & covers the 3 (c/p/f) main groups :)

Russ
  • garmfield
    Options
    Yes, it was interesting reading the P90X2 nutrition guide which offers a grain free option. It says their is nothing you get from grains that you can't get from other food groups. Breads and grains normally cause our carbs to be too high, and contribute to our weight gain. But they are our comfort foods, and will be hard for most people to give up completely. Ideally, we just need to cut back and only have grains for one meal.

Greg