WHAT ARE WE ALL DOING TO LOSE WEIGHT?

Options
CiciPorcayo
CiciPorcayo Posts: 381 Member
What has worked for you... Tips, Tricks, Special diets or exercise? Let us know...

For me? Drinking water. 2 liters a day, and just getting up and moving. I walk on my 30 minute lunches now... Better then scarfing down a teriyaki or mc donalds. :D I also convinced the hubby to exercise and eat right with me on MFP ;) So he is my motivation,

Replies

• wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I mix weight lifting and cardio for most workouts. I'm going to try to do more running this year though.
  • CiciPorcayo
    Options
    I mix weight lifting and cardio for most workouts. I'm going to try to do more running this year though.

I did a 60 min vid last night of cardio an strength training mixed and it kicked my butt. I could only do 40 mins. Very Nice :happy:
  • Nelly_J
    Options
    Dancing around the house has helped me; I'm trying to get back to it though.
  • ardeornellis
    ardeornellis Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I began with the C25K and progressed in my running after that.. I ran my first half marathon in December and plan to run another half in February and am training for a full marathon in April. I run 4 days a week and 1 of those is a long run... When I first started on MFP, I logged every single thing I put in my mouth.. I became lax with that over the holidays, so as of yesterday, I am back to logging it all... I also have to drink at least 8-10 cups of water daily if I want to shed any pounds. Before I increased my running, I did a lot more strength training that I do now.. My plans for the new year are to incorporate more strength training and add some bicycling. I guess my best advise would be to get a plan and stick to it no matter what.. We all have reasons not to take care of our bodies and be healthy.. We all also have reasons TO take care of our bodies.. If it were easy everyone would be fit and in shape.. So.. we must be at the end of our excuses to see real life change!! Looking forward to dropping these last 20-30 pounds!! I'm officially at the end of my excuses!!!
  • Code2fornow
    Code2fornow Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Zumba Exhilarate DVD's, I just started them last week and I can only do them about 2-3 times a wekk, so I'm trying to walk more and drink water too!
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I of course count my calories, (which is been a major success the first time around) I try to workout 5-6 days a week mixing it with heavy weights and cardio one week, light weights and cardio the next. Splitting the days up from upper, lower, back...
    I'm also going to start taking more fitness classes, like spinning to give my body a kick start.

I have also started eating 5-6 small meals or snacks a day (instead of 3 bigger meals and some small snacks) so I never really feel hungry because thats one of my problems.

I'll see how this all goes!! :)

Good luck all.
  • Beckym1205
    Beckym1205 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I noticed a big change in the way I looked and felt durring and after completing 30DS. I have another one of her video's I'm going to start this weekend (I have to clean up the christmas stuff so I can have room to work out in my tiny apartment living room).
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I run 3x a week 4-5 miles, I do the bike and weights one day and the elliptical and weights another day. I take 1-2 rest days and I am about to start Jillian's 30 day shred (but only 5x a week).

I just signed up for Salsa class- I have danced my whole life and took salsa for years. I missed it so much. So I am going back 1 night a week and I cannot wait.
  • CiciPorcayo
    Options
    Can I ask? When everyone says run.. Do you guys do treadmill running or full out outside on a trail running?
  • bornforthis1
    bornforthis1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm focused everyday on staying within my calorie goals. I've been in Karate for a long time, but sometimes it's just not enough to get me to where I want to be. Other then that, I'm trying to up my activity level on a daily basis with walking(sometimes running) outside or on treadmill, my fitness games on the wii or DVDs. I was so good when I started, but I've been slacking, especially with the holidays. I really need to get back in the habit.

The DVDs I'm trying are Jillian Michaels Burn Fat Boost Metabolism and No more trouble zones and a few others I got from the library. (try before you buy moment). Waiting on the 30 Day Shed by Jillian too.
  • abfit4life
    abfit4life Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Since returning to MFP on Dec. 2, 2011 I made a committment to not eat any processed carbs until Jan. 2012. So that meant no bread, pasta, rice. Instead I ate lot of salads/vegetables, berries, raw nuts, cheese, greek yogurt, poultry & fish. Have I cheated? Hell Yeah! but its gotten a lot easier to stick with it and 18 pounds down is proof it works for me.

I work out for at least 30 minutes 5 days/week. At the gym I use the treadmill, bikes and eliptical machines but I prefer powerwalking outdoors. At home I have a collection of DVDs: Jillian's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, Biggest Loser Powerwalk, Abs Diet for Women Workout, The Firms 500 Calorie Workout, Cardio Salsa, a Taebo collection, a few from beachbody and Leslie Sansone (I clearly need to stop buying and start using these more-I won't even mention the VHS tapes). New from my Santa Babe is Zumba 2 for Wii. For 2012 I'm working on putting together a better strength training program I can do at least twice per week.

7838983.png
  • kellyjamespro
    kellyjamespro Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    HIIT, Cardio, Walking( Running) outside , Weight Training
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Can I ask? When everyone says run.. Do you guys do treadmill running or full out outside on a trail running?

I usually run outside even if it's cold the treadmill is kinda boring.
  • mistynikki02
    Options
    I'll be drinking anywhere from 64oz - 72 oz of water a day, doing 30 day shred and then ripped in 30 followed by killer buns and thighs, I am also focusing on vegs, lean meats, cheese, nuts and fruits, limited carbs and sugars.
  • mauigyrl
    mauigyrl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My trustie Elliptical. Trying to stay at calorie goal. Do my best in being in the deficit.