Introductions and Motivations

Options
lmcclari
lmcclari Posts: 12 Member
Hi everyone. I just joined this group and didnt see an introduction topic so I figured I would start one. I just thought it would be interesting to see what motivated people to finally lose the weight and just where you all are in your weight loss goals. For me I have been actively trying to lose weight for the past two months or so. I am 22, in college and about to hopefully start graduate school in the next year. That is my motivation to finally lose the weight I gained while in undergrad especially since I want to work in the public health feild and being over weight in the health field is not a good example for others. I wish you all the best in your weight loss journey.

Replies

• cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've been on MFP since mid-August. Had a slow start. My HW was 215 earlier this year. I was at 208 when I joined MFP. I am now at 205. I think I'm finally ready to commit to trying to lose weight. I'm in a few challenges right now hoping to stay on track. I'll be very happy to lose 65 lbs and get back to 150. Once I get there I'll see about a new goal. I haven't been 150 since around 2000 in grad school. As far as exercise goes -- I have a treadmill and am trying that c25k program. I also have the Slim n' 6 videos (I've had those since 2002? and have never made it past week 1) and the P90X DVDs. I've only done one workout of that about a year ago. So sad. Once I complete the entire 6 weeks of the Sn6 I'll try the P90X stuff again.
  • chickpeas83
    Options
    Hi there,
    I have been on MFP for about two weeks. Its been awesome and I love it! I have about 40 lbs to lose to get back to me "wedding" weight, I was curvy but skinny! I want that again. I AM CANADIAN. YEAH!!! cheers to any other canucks out there.
  • KimberErin
    KimberErin Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I got married 4 months ago and have unfortunately gained 15 lbs. My number one motivation is to FEEL sexy for my husband. I am 20 years old, 5' 9.5 and I weigh 175. I'm hoping to get down to 145. I know i am right on the limit for this group, but Its still a lot of weight I am wanting to lose. I'm so excited to get started with this dream I have.
  • Mina32719
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I am 191 lbs right now and I have lost about 150 lbs from which i gained 10 back, which now i am struggling to lose, I would like to lose 30- 40 lbs more, so I can get back on track and finally get my Tummy Tuck done. I am 35 yrs old Mother of 3 kids ( 12 and 3 yr old Twins) yes the twins keep me busy but not so much that i have to run around after them since i am a stay home mom.

I workout 3 - 5 times a week, depending on my schedule. I tried this App from yesterday and its great, The only thing i am trying to figure out, which you guys might be able to help me with is, Does this have a Eating plan? or you have to make it urself, whatever you like?

I am with all of you :) would like to really get going and take care of these last lbs.

Good luck to everyone and keep weight loss going :)
  • mimi_fit
    Options
    Hi all,

Am currently 80 kilo's ... Have been like this for the past 4 years. I think due to lots of work, moving from New York to Beijing, picking up a substantial different lifestyle, having too much food and not enough exercise ... and being 4 years older I guess ... my weight jumped from 65kg to 80kg in a short time and I have stayed the same since ...

Before, my weight was always around 65kg, which I felt was right for me. It is not the weight so much that is bothering me (it brought some extra curves that I don't mind ;) But it is more the fact that I don't feel fit anymore ... which is really bothering me when hiking and doing sport ... I always feel that I am carrying that extra weight around.

So I hope with joining this group, I can pick up some extra inspiration (and hopefully be able to inspire other as well), to get rid of these 15kg ones and for all ....
  • jennipooh82
    jennipooh82 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hello-
    My name is Jen, i'm 5'1" and my starting weight was 220. I started about 7 Months ago and lost 12 pounds with a 2-3 month break (because I thought I was moving and gained all 12 pounds back and a pound or two more grumble ) but have jumped back on the band wagon again and loving every minute of it!!love I Love MFP! This has been my facebook / friend to push me along the way,and happy to report I have lost those 12 pounds again and don't want to find them again... Well to tell you the truth I have lost a total of 23 pounds as of this morning drinker I finally made it under the 200 mark!!! I still have a long way to go, but I know understand, this isn't a diet, it a life-style change... I don't want to loose this weight for a few months or a year I want to KEEP it off for the remainder of my life!!!! I want to loose about 57-67 more pounds to be at my goal size and weight!

I find myself being totally accountable for what I eat now and asking the little voice: "Can I eat this if I have a good workout, or is this going to be too much for what I can handle today". I also feel bad if I can't work out everyday- this sounds funny coming from a girl who really never has worked out...I went from 0 workouts and eating out (fast foods) daily to working out daily and nearly no fast foods (Salads and Subway is pretty much it). Well I love feed back and new things to try to learn and master... Right now I'm doing a challenge to do the Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred- I'm currently on Day 2 Level 2 (as of yesterday). Love new friends and new ideas and I'm willing to do the same! I hope for some real friends and good experiences here!!

Welcome and good luck to all! I wish you all the Best on our journey!
  • margiemommy
    margiemommy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    hi
    i have been a mfp member since august i had 60lbs to my goal before i started and i have about 45lbs still to go.i am 5'2" and i weight 179 and would like to get to 135 or less. i want to lose the weight so my daughter will stop tell random people that her mommy is fat and squishy, and so i can feel sxy and look sexy for my husband of 4yrs.
  • Anastasie
    Anastasie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I've been on MFP for a couple months but haven't been 100% on logging and keeping track so I keep loosing and gaining the same 5-10 pounds. I am currently at 170 and would like to lose between 30 and 45 pounds (30 lbs will put me at the top end of the normal weight for my height, if I loose closer to 40/45 then I'll be in the middle of the bracket and at a weight I think would look normal and healthy for my build). I also just got married in July and would like to get where I at least feel sexy for my husband... :-)
  • jasjames81
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    I have been on mfp a while however just started using the message boards. Lost some weight a few years ago about thirty pounds but was not quite finished losing then gained it all back. So here I go again. I have been changing eating habits and working out at gym maining jogging on tred with some weight training. Lost about 8 so far. I want to be healthy and slim. Hope everyone is having a good day.
  • margysea
    Options
    Hello, I'm Margaret - been dabbling with MFP for a couple of months but have decided to take my weight loss seriously, and would love to help and inspire others who need to lose over 30 lbs, and also to receive some support and tips. I really need to lose 42 lbs to get into the healthy weight range. I am 5 ft 2, so every pounds shows, although I am extremely good at disguising my body and trying to make the best of it. However, I really feel the need to sort out this weight problem finally and get healthy for myself and my family, plus I want to look and feel fantastic! Good luck every one!
  • Emme727
    Emme727 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Been working on weight loss since this summer, but have been on MFP for a few months. I have been watching calories and exercising, but my weight stopped at 163 and then in the last week gained 10 and am at 173 (although I added additional exercise). My goal weight is 140 -- which puts me in the middle for height/weight healthy scale.
  • cshrank
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am 31 and weigh 260 lbs, which sounds like a lot now that I think about it, but in my head "I'm not that over weight." Thats my problem. I haven't really acknowledged my weight gain long enough to be serious about it. But I recently found myself in the emergency room to have some tests done, and everything came out okay, but it scared me. I've been noticing several things have changed for the worse because of my weight gain, and its time to do something about it. Its inspiring being on here and reading about other people's success stories. I can use all the motivation I can get right now.
  • cranekl
    cranekl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

I am 22, 5'6", and weigh right around 170 lbs. About 2 months ago, I was 185 - so a 15 lb weight loss ain't to shabby! However, 170 is still one of the highest weights my body has ever been! It's like it just likes to be in the high 60's low 70's, and I need to be in the mid to low 40s to have a healthy BMI. Finally my weight loss is about me, my long term health, and that missing happiness in my life. I always look at myself and say, "You are a pretty girl"....but in the back of my head, I know that I could look just that much better by losing 30 lbs... which is A LOT! I'm figuring I need to lose between 8-10lbs a month to do this safely, if not like 7-9ish. Either way, even 2lbs is good!

So in all, I started this a week ago as a "Biggest Loser Challenge" on the island I live on and the compeition is only 10 weeks - perfect time to jump start my weightloss. If I lose (cross fingers) 10lbs/month it will take me until March 1st to see the results... let's see if I can really do this! I've been laid up for the past few days and the next week from a minor surgery, but after recovery, it's on! I'm always up for a challenge and advice if anyone/everyone wants to team up and support each other! Hope to hear exciting weight loss journey stories soon!!!
  • rubiodaleen2006
    Options
    OMG! im so happy & proud of u! im sure ull get to ur goal in not time u sound like u really want this n dats what it takes to get to ur goals. Thnx 4 being a motivation.
  • sfjohnson16
    sfjohnson16 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello :) I started this group and forgot to write an introduction!! hahaha Well I'm doing it now. lol.
    I'm 22 years old and I'm halfway to my goal weight. I have lost a total of 37 pounds and have 37 more pounds to go. :)
    I plan on doing a 5K some time next year which I am training for it now. :) I have an app on my ipod which I am in love with it's called "Get Running" and also theres an app called "Nike + GPS" I love too :) They are both awesome for running and training for a race as well. I'm so pumped and so excited to lose the rest of this weight. I am going to get there by next year I just know it and I'm excited :)
    Feel free to message me any time if any of you have any questions or just want to talk :) I love speaking with new people.
  • Jdunn411
    Jdunn411 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am 51 years young, and overweight. I am new to this site and new to joining a group. I chose this group first because I need to lose a lot of weight adn this one caught my eye with the 30+ pounds to lose. This is my third day on MFP and working towards losing all this excess weight I am carrying around. I gained most of it when I moved to MS a few years ago with a job where I sit mostly all day long. Plus I take online classes which also has me sitting at a computer again.

I decided to try MFP because first of all I need to lose weight, then my husband got sick from being overweight which made me think maybe I need to change my health as well. So I got on the scale Tuesday night and was really upset with myself for gaining so much weight. My biggest problem is going to be drinking all the water that is required a day because before 3 days ago I only drank maybe 2 cups a day. So far these last few days I have been able to drink between 8 to 10 cups a day proud of myself but I am also determined to lose weight. I have also been getting on my stationary bike for 30 minutes and walking the treadmill for 15 minutes. I know I need to do more and I will soon. It is just hard when you haven't done any in years. Anyway I hope to meet new friends and be able to learn from others as well as they learn from me. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like to be motivators and supporters. I would do the same for any of you.
  • charmcl
    Options
    Hi all,

My name is Charlene, I'm in my 30's, and am a full time mom. I have 35 pounds to lose to be at my goal weight. I love seeing everyone's progress so I thought joining a group and getting a few friends would give me some extra motivation. Feel free to add me as a friend, I'm new and could always use a few more!
  • jenharrio
    jenharrio Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Jennifer. I just joined this group today, but have been an MFP member since April 2011. In a nutshell, I used to be in decent shape....until I got out of the military, then it seems everything went downhill from there. This is the most I've ever weighed in my life and I'm ashamed and disgusted by it. I have a lot of clothes I would like to wear again and I'm refusing to buy a new wardrobe. I've got like 80 more pounds to go before I reach my goal weight. I've gone on to log for sprints at a time then just quit (of course, I also go on a binge around the same time) so I'm going to try to join a couple groups to see if that would help give me that extra oomph I need. I have a bit of a competitive edge to me, so hopefully that will play well of everyone else, by encouraging and motivating each other. It's nice to meet everyone and feel free to add me :)
  • jenharrio
    jenharrio Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone :)
  • richelle67
    Options
    Hi, I just seen your posting. I am a 44yr old female. I have been on MFP since Nov. 13th and lost around 28lbs. In the first month I lost around 25 lbs which I thought was fast. I cut back my calorie and carb intake dramatically. I only started exercising the past 3 weeks or so. But it hasnt been real religously. But I now am on my 4th day of the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels, and oh, wow, what a killer. To lose the weight so fast in the beginning really helped:happy: get me motivated and for the first time in my life, I feel like I AM going to get to my goal, another 59 lbs. off. Add me as your friend, if you would like additional support. Good luck!:happy: