kerriwalkmcmahon@gmail.com

Team Name:
Teal Terminators

Blog:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MsCyone

Group:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1528-teal-terminators

First weeks challenge:
Since our first weigh in is two weeks into the contest the challenge will be the same for those weeks to get everyone on the same track and to start getting rid of those holiday pounds, also if you haven't been weighing be sure to get me your final weight as of 12.31.2011 so I can update the spreadsheet.

Week 1/2 Challenge:

Water:

water8glass1.jpg

We're aiming to get in at least 64 oz of water a day the more the better but at least the minimum of 64 oz and that will increase in coming weeks.

Nutrition Challenge:

Fruits and veggies are natural detoxifiers so our two week goal is to include at least one fruit or vegetable with EVERY meal, and at least once a week to try a new fruit or vegetable.

TEAM BANNER:

bl2012-1.jpg

bl2012-1.jpg

to get image to show up change the beginning and ending IMG to lowercase img.

Replies

• allycat5723
    allycat5723 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    All right, let's get it team!
  • KerriMx5
    KerriMx5 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I upload my picture onto the ticker but it vanishes. I will keep trying but that is why mine isn't there. I am ready. Got my fruit. Need to get some veggies tomorrow. Anyone have some fruit you like? Need some ideas for something new to try.
  • amybell68
    amybell68 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    195 as of today :)
  • MsCyone
    MsCyone Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    For fruit:
    watermelon
    kiwis
    pineapple
    apples
    bananas
    strawberries
    blueberries

veggies:
    broccoli
    cauliflower
    green beans
    asparagus
    brussel sprouts
    carrots
    okra
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    are we limited to just the fruits and veggies listed?
  • KerriMx5
    Options
    NO we aren't limited. She was just offering ideas.

I am trying to find some fruit or veggies I haven't tried yet. We are a family that walks into the store and if we see a fruit we haven't tried bring it home just to see what it tastes lol.
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Do we have to report our water and fruit/veggie intake everyday for this challenge on the forum or to the Team Captain, or just put it in our diary?
  • KerriMx5
    Options
    That is a good question. Maybe we need a spreadsheet so we can easily check in but not have to bombard the captain with all the info.

I did make my diary public though. I figured for this challenge you can all see I am eating my fruits and veggies. Well if you want to check on me. You will also notice that I don't like to much. :p
  • MsCyone
    Options
    For the fruit and veggie check in and water that will be on the first weigh in, basically you can post daily as to what you are eating if you would like but I don't need the actual stats until our next weigh in on january 12.

The format for the first weigh in will look something like this:

Starting:
    weight as of 1/12/2011
    Percentage lost:

Burpees total if participating

Water:
    goal: 64 oz
    Reached how many out of 12 days

Fruit/Veggies:
    Goal: to add one to each meal so to count you will need to have at least a min of 3 servings of fruits or veggies per day

Reached how many out of 12 days

For the burpees as well as a team I thought a good challenge would be to start with 5 burpees on Monday and then add 5 more every day until we hit weigh in:

Monday: 5 Burpees
    Tuesday: 10 Burpees
    Wednesday: 15 Burpees etc.

Link if you have a question on how to do burpees, and keep in mind for the pushup portion you can do modified(from the knees pushups)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYfNA_lmkHM

If anyone has any questions feel free to message me or our co captain Kerrimx5.

Happy new year everyone!
  • KerriMx5
    Options
    I will try with the burpees but I know I might have issues and we have one other team member also post op that can't do them yet. I am going to try though. It might not be so bad. I am feeling much better.
  • MsCyone
    Options
    If you can't do them that's ok I think they're optional, so y'all rest up :)

What is everyone doing as far as working out?

In addition to the burpee challenge, I'm starting Power 90 today.
  • MidwestGirlz
    MidwestGirlz Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Do to Blood Sugar issues I do not have a fruit at breakfast (and I can't seem to eat any veggies then, either). However I will eat at least 3 servings of veggies a day (usually 1 at lunch and 2 at dinner).

Thanks for your understanding!!!
  • KerriMx5
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan on the fruit. It isn't like you aren't going to get them in during the day.

Got my workout in for today. Yeah. One fruit down and 32 ounces of water. It is now 11.
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    LOL I tried my first burpee last night on the kitchen floor, couldn't do the push up, fell, slammed my knee! I'm fine but I laid on the floor laughing like a hyena and rolling around like a dork. My goal is to do one burpee without needing crutches!! LOL
  • KerriMx5
    Options
    LOL I tried my first burpee last night on the kitchen floor, couldn't do the push up, fell, slammed my knee! I'm fine but I laid on the floor laughing like a hyena and rolling around like a dork. My goal is to do one burpee without needing crutches!! LOL

Oh boy. Yeah it would be sad to explain that to the ER doc. LOL
  • krista010105
    krista010105 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I will try with the burpees but I know I might have issues and we have one other team member also post op that can't do them yet. I am going to try though. It might not be so bad. I am feeling much better.

i cant do the blurpees either since recovering from wrist surgery so any push up is out of the question. instead im doing jumping jacks just for my self since i cant work out to my work out videos that use push ups and weights
  • krista010105
    krista010105 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    stupid question: can we count gatorade as water???? its made with water ???
  • MsCyone
    Options
    stupid question: can we count gatorade as water???? its made with water ???

Thats true but it doesn't count toward your water unfortunately.