Introductions!

Options
Introduce yourselves here!!

A little about me...My name is Mindi...I am 24 years old, and a busy lady. I have been married for 3 1/2 years, but with my husband for 7. We currently have four children together...two girls ages 6 and 4, and two boys ages 16 months and 4 weeks! I live in the mile high city (Denver), but I am from Wisconsin. I am a die hard Packer fan, and when football season ends, I always get sad. I love to text and get to know people. I am also in school full time, I am going for human services!

In a nutshell that is me :)

Replies

• galaxyinvader
    Options
    I'm Austin. Def gonna try my best to hit this goal. Sounds like fun!
  • traintk
    traintk Posts: 22
    Options
    I am from Wisconsin and a huge packer fan. I need motivation for the wintertime, cause hate running or walking outside. I have a treadmill, but lose my motivation during the winter. I would love to build up my milage early on in the year. I run half marathons and 1 marathon a year.
  • TuesdayFair
    Options
    I'm Lily, and I think I must be mad for signing up for this. The temperatures are in the negative double digits for the next week, and I don't have a gym membership! (hee hee) I've found that shame is a wonderful motivator for me, however, and I'm sure I will manage when I see all of your miles piling on and I won't want to say, "I chickened out because it's cold."
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My name is Monita. I live in OK with my husband and 2 boys. I have already decided on running a half marathon on March 17th! The most I've ever done is a 5K. I plan on walking, running and biking to make my goal of a 60 lb weight loss in 2012...and it may just take 2,012 miles to achieve my goal.
  • mommamindi
    Options
    Welcome guys...nice to "meet" you :-). I also hate the cold so this is going to be a challenge for me when its really cold or really hot! On those days I will have to do it inside :)
  • queendebor
    queendebor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My son-in-law is from Wisconsin and a Packers fan, also! In face, he gave my daughter a big Tervis tumbler with a Packers logo on it this Christmas. LOL

Thanks for putting the January goal up. Now I know what to shoot for without having to do the math myself. :laugh:

And, oh my gosh, four kids from 6 to newborn?? You HAVE been busy!
  • Ibelieveinthislifetime
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am currently living in Ohio, I have lived in WISCONSIN... SHOUT OUT TO SPRING GREEN! but I have lived all over, Oklahoma, FLorida, California, Louisiana but I am from New York. I love my job, I am in the banking industry. It is my second career but I really do love it. I am 38, but I feel 25 :) . I love to travel and really really want to start a book club, but I don't know a ton of people here in Ohio, so I don't know if that is going to happen. I am not married and no kiddos, I hope that once I loose weight and get my body healthy I can start trying to have a little baby, just one. Just little steps and I will get there.. Please feel free to friend me, I need support on this adventure for sure!

Diana~
  • mslizlee
    Options
    Hi! My name is Liz and I'm from Newport Beach in California. I am a full time student at UCI and am graduating this year :D I started running a few years ago to lose weight and got hooked- I ran one marathon and two half marathons since then. I really would like to do the big LA Honda Marathon this March and I think this group is just perfect for me!

I struggle with being persistent after running for a good two weeks and then I lose all motivation :x I also definitely want to try being better with my eating habits.. like everyone else haha!

Ooh! I also take a cardio kickboxing class and I'm absolutely in love with it!

I'm good at texting and messaging via the fitness pal app ;) Hope to get to know you guys all and I plan to be there to support and encourage you guys this 2012 :)
  • mammafrog
    mammafrog Posts: 176
    Options
    I am 24 year old stay at home mom. I have 3 girls ages 13 months, 3 1/2, and 5. I will be getting some miles in anyway possible. I started working out again after a 2 year break and I am excited to have this motivation. Sadly most of miles will be in doors because I live in Texas and our weather is going through PMS. LOL
  • dchienku
    dchienku Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Denise and I am so excited about trying to do all of these miles. I have 2 beautiful children and a wonderful husband. I hope that my husband and I can start running together. WE CAN DO THIS!

Denise
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    hi everyone :)
    I live in Toronto.. I plan to do this mostly by walking but hopefully will work some running in too!!
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    My name is Christina & Im a wife of 20 years & have 4 kids ages 18, 17, 14 & soon to be 13. (3 boys & a girl) diabetes & high blood pressure run in the family & even though i stay active for ME, its important that my kids watch me live a healthy lifestyle. I love this challenge and look forward to working with all of you in 2012!
  • pmaxson
    pmaxson Posts: 137
    Options
    Happy New Year! I am Pam. I am 45 years old with 3 teenagers, 14 yod, 16 yos, 18 yos. I live in NC, where the winters are fairly mild, so I have no excuses! Other than working full-time at Duke and carting three kids around. :) I have been exercising for years - i have lost 50 pounds since I got married (almost 25 years ago) and struggle with the ten pound rollercoaster. I am going to try to do this challenge with running, walking, and swimming, and avoid counting my spin mileage. I will keep two running tabs going, one with and one without the spin.

I am happy to have some new friends. :)
  • traceyjj
    traceyjj Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Tracey,
    I'm a working mother of 4 older kids (A son 20, twin sons 18 in 2 weeks, and a daughter 13) I live in Nottingham, England.
    I am just coming to the end of my own personal 1million steps challenge and was looking for the next challenge... I believe I have now found it :)
    I have lots of weight still to lose, so hopefully this will help me achieve this goal too.
    My plan is to walk the whole amount... but if I start to feel adventurous, I may just try to relearn how to run :)

Its good to meet you all, and hope we all have success on this journey :)
  • adaydreamr
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am Suzanna and I LOVE this challenge! WOW. I would really love to be able to do this. I am a walker so it will be interesting to see if I can do it. I walked 1100 miles in 2011 and I started in April... so maybe :-) no! Not maybe... I WILL DO IT! I am 53 with a daughter 21 and a daughter 33 with 2 kits. I work at a daycare in the new baby room at a christian school during the week and every other weekend I take care of a couple in their 90s so I go from one end of life to the other. I stay pretty busy. This last year I lost 89 pounds. My goal is to lose another 30 pounds. I plan to walk my first 1/2 marathon in Charleston SC in two weeks and would love to do a complete marathon in January of 2013. This will help me prepare for that.
  • poulingail
    Options
    Hi, I'm Gail and I'm 60 years young. I teach kindergarten and have lots of stress from many areas of my life each day. My greatest challenge is finding the energy at the end of a long day to get my walking in. I bought a treadmill a few weeks back and love it! I've gotten lots of walking in during the Christmas break so I know how good I can feel if I succeed with this challenge. Jan 1st is a great day to begin! Let's get walking and rack up those miles!
  • runwithmike
    Options
    This sounds like fun and a good challenge. I like to run and will put in a lot of miles that way. Now that I have a gym membership I will use the elliptical machine to help reach 2012!
  • ambercholtz
    ambercholtz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I had seen the message board for this and I thought why not? I am a walker and jogger but right now I have decided to walk a goal of 5 miles per day. Today is day 3 of my walk goal. I want to get fit and trim in 2012 and I am determined to do so. I do own a treadmill so it should not be too difficult.

ABOUT ME:
    I am a divorced mother of 1 child, my age 33, and I live in the State of Michigan close to Lake Michigan. I am in the SW part of my State which is the opposite side of the Detroit area for those unfamiliar. I am also a college student heading for my Bachelors Degree in Health Care Administration. After the receipt of my Bachelors Degree I will start my Masters Degree in the same field. I want to be part of running a hospital one day in the State of Michigan.

My current weight is 201
    My goal weight is 124 or less

I already have 10.4 miles in of the 2,012 miles so mathematically it should take me approximately 402.4 days at the current 5 miles per day I am doing. Wow, I guess I am gonna have to kick it up a notch.

Cheers and happy new year
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I have also joined the burn 100,000 calories in 2012 (which I plan to accomplish by April - since I am training to run a marathon April 1st) and the burn 250,000 calories in 2012 since I don't want to stop at 100,000 (that would be pointless- right?) Since I plan on burning most of those calories through running this seems like a great group to join and be held accountable. I have a tendency to fall off the online planet after a couple of months. To combat that, I have vowed to myself and now you to log in daily -- even if I don't have time to "socialize"

I am 42 and currently reside in Knoxville, TN. I work as a Court Administrator and I don't have any kids.. so I really don't have any real "excuses" to not be fit. My big "downfall" is that I am an early morning work out person... I just hate getting up at 4am to make it all happen and get to work on time. I need to adapt and get my *kitten* in gear in the evenings if I don't make it in the wee hours of the morning. Sound like you?
  • kat_renee
    kat_renee Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    TEXAS IN DA HOUSE! Yes, I am a dork, but a fun one...lol. I'm Kat, 33 but that will change on the 31st. :noway: I'll be married 5 years in June. Married to the military that is, my husband is a C130 J pilot, I am a SAHM. We currently have 3 children, 15 yrs, 2 1/2 yrs., and 10 months. I say currently because we are foster parents. My husband has been deployed since early Sept., (which I received my placement while he's been gone so it'll be interesting to watch the first meeting...lol...since the rest of us have all already bonded) since then I have lost 25 pounds, went from 202 to 177.2 :drinker: I'm hoping to see at least 169 before he gets home, which is soon but not soon enough! :love: We have 2 pain in the bo-tay's....Blitz, doberman, and Latte, teacup poodle.

I love the idea of this group! I just finished up Chalean Extreme and will be doing Turbo Jam this month, followed by Slim In 6, and then P90X. I have been wanting to up my miles though. I'm going to start C25K on tues. and thurs., when the babies are at MDO, and will walk the other days when the weather and babies permit.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL......WE CAN DO THIS! :flowerforyou: