Goals

Options
bestrodeo
bestrodeo Posts: 139 Member
Post your goals here and lets all work to achieve them.

Replies

• bestrodeo
    Options
    My goal for the new year is to be 115 at the highest by April 15 which is 2 weeks before my husband has his Triathlon. I would like to be 120-125 before Feb 15 (mini goal)
  • mallred76
    mallred76 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My goal is 115 by my anniversary which is March 1st. I've been stuck at 120 for quite awhile. I'm hoping to break into the teens next month. My ultimate goal is to reduce my body fat to about 16%. I want to be able to see my muscles, but I'm not sure what that will mean on the scale.
  • bestrodeo
    Options
    That is great.. I would love and cant wait to get to 120 again.. It took me almost 6 ms to break 130 I can't wait to get to 120
  • deporee
    deporee Posts: 59
    Options
    RIght now I'm 188, but my goal is 135ish. It's such a long way to go, but I'm going to do what I need to do!
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My goal is to drop 5% BF (bringing me around 20%) so I can look good in my Zombie Slayer SteamPunk costume in October (leather pants and a short leather vest w/ steampunk accessorizing).
  • dictations
    Options
    My goal is to weight 98-100 lbs by April 1st at the latest. Then when I'm done losing the weight, I'll decide if I want to tone or just stay thin and delicate depending on what I look like.
  • laporter62
    laporter62 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My goal is too lose 38 lb by end of June.
    I joined MVP in July 2011, didn't really use the site
    Lost 19lb on my own
    Now I want to get serious but am going to need support to keep on track
  • lizzy00125
    Options
    Goal is to get down to 120 by the middle of February. Not sure if that is a feasible timeline but that is when I go on vacation to Costa Rica. I want to look great when I go. I also want to run a half marathon by the summer. I can do about half at this point. Big plans for 2012. Yay!!
  • headzy
    headzy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My goal for 2012 is to get to goal by the end of June, that's 20lb.
    ok with exercise but need to start tracking and stay off the alcohol
  • lizzy00125
    Options
    My goal for 2012 is to get to goal by the end of June, that's 20lb.
    ok with exercise but need to start tracking and stay off the alcohol

At my heaviest I was 155 and I drank a considerable amount. When I cut the booze out I lost 10lbs very quickly. I wasn't working out or anything either, it was just cutting the alcohol which made me drop.
  • gssibley
    gssibley Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are all pretty thin to start with. I was 270 about 11 years ago. At 5'2" that is way too heavy! I got down to 170 and a sz 12 about 6 years ago. It crept back up to 236 from stress, work and commuting. I'm down to 204.5 now and my goal is only 190. I'll re-evaluate when I get there to see if I want to lose more. I carry my weight fairly well in my hips and thighs. I'm not trying to be skinny, I just want to be less than 200 now. I am strong and I am not willing to trade that to be thin!
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are all pretty thin to start with. I was 270 about 11 years ago. At 5'2" that is way too heavy! I got down to 170 and a sz 12 about 6 years ago. It crept back up to 236 from stress, work and commuting. I'm down to 204.5 now and my goal is only 190. I'll re-evaluate when I get there to see if I want to lose more. I carry my weight fairly well in my hips and thighs. I'm not trying to be skinny, I just want to be less than 200 now. I am strong and I am not willing to trade that to be thin!

You don't have to trade strong for skinny. At this time last year I weighed 186 lbs. This year I'm hovering between 155 & 158, but have doubled my squats and deadlifts in the last 6 months.

edit to add: 5'3.75"
  • rukia30
    rukia30 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Okay my goal is to be 135 in a years time, or in a 1 1/2. I'm currently 255 and started at 261 so I have lost 6lbs. I do the elliptical and count calories. I am 5'4" and am a type 1 diabetic on insulin pump. I'm will love the support for us shorties! I look forward to meeting and making new friends!
  • indigochilds
    indigochilds Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

I have a few goals. I want to get from 180 - 115. I don't know if its possible (using my mom's height and weight as reference).

Goal 1 - Loosing 5% of my weight which is 9lbs.

Goal 2
    I want to drop 10% of my weight - When I did weight watchers a couple of years ago. Your first initial weight loss goal was to lose 10%. If you hit that goal you would this cool gold star key chain.*laughs* . I was never able to achieve this number. So 10% would be 18 lbs. Now I know I won't get the goal key chain if I manage to hit it but I will be so happy to know that I can do it. If I manage to drop this much I'll be 162. When I first hit that number it was around March of 2010.

Goal 3 - Get past 162. When I first joined MFP. I struggled a lot during this stage. There was so many factors. Turbo Fire was ending. I grew frustrated. Even though I felt amazing. I was hoping to lose by March. I was eating 1200 calories NET, I still lost weight but at MFP standards it was putting me at 1.3 pounds per week, When I wanted to lose 2lbs per week. But after doing some research and reading some MFP threads. I need to net at 1000 calories.

Goal 4: NET Calories: On the days I exercise I will consume about 1200 -1300. They days I don't exercise or its a day I'm exercising for less that 30 minutes. I'll bump it up to 1200. I know I burn about 100 calories every 15 minutes. So I'll give me a good idea on how much I need to consume.

What do you ladies think?

Do you guys think these goals are reasonable enough?
  • pirate4hire
    Options

I hear you on the work related stress. I overworked myself this past year and ended up with 15 lbs just creeping up on me. Good reminder that this year I need to say no more to projects. Have to have time for exercise and relaxation in there somewhere.
  • TEY9936
    TEY9936 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am DM II not insulin dependent yet... and I hope to get this under control... so lets support each other.. I just start the food counter because manually became too hard for lack of time plus the stress... so I feel your pain... will see how my weight is by the end of the week :)
  • hmanderson
    hmanderson Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal is to be down to 145/150, but my mini goal is be down to 170(30 lb loss) by 3/24/12.
  • bluefairy1
    bluefairy1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just joined today, my goal is to be 125 but if I dont make it to that # and feel and look great I will be happy with that! (not sure if my goal is realistiic)
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 115, so I have about 10 pounds to lose. More than the weight, though, I want to change the way my body looks. I want to firm and tighten everything, especially my abs, butt and the dreaded bat wings. I"ve found a lot of success with dvd's by Ellen Barrett. I was making really great changes until I got lazy and quit working out. I plan to start them again tomorrow.
  • mallred76
    mallred76 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 115, so I have about 10 pounds to lose. More than the weight, though, I want to change the way my body looks. I want to firm and tighten everything, especially my abs, butt and the dreaded bat wings. I"ve found a lot of success with dvd's by Ellen Barrett. I was making really great changes until I got lazy and quit working out. I plan to start them again tomorrow.

I also want to change my body composition. I started lifting 4x a week (2 upper body/2 lower body) 2 months ago increasing weight and lowering reps and I have seen and huge difference. I was always concerned about lifting heavy because I didn't want to bulk up, but as long as I have kept a caloric deficit I've gotten smaller and more defined. It's been very encouraging.