Introductions

Options
A place to get to know your fellow group members--to talk about your challenges and accomplishments.
And to make new friends along the way.

Replies

• taylorbrown1792
    taylorbrown1792 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Im Taylor! I live in Largo, FL. My goal weight is 130. my starting weight is 155.8. Im excited to get started! <3 I just joined today so this is perfect :)
  • kathmcpherson
    Options
    Hello I am Kath from Australia, my starting weight is 152lb and I want to get down to 130lb
    :smile:
  • Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm from western Canada and I have the last 12 lbs to lose! I started really trying in October and have finally started to see some progress.
  • bestrodeo
    bestrodeo Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi.. Im from Texas. I have about 13lbs to go till i reach my finial goal. when i started losing weight i was over 150 and a size 12- Now I am below 130 FINALLY and in a size 3 I want to get not high school weight but pre twin weight and actually feel good when i am seen with my husband instead of ppl looking at us and thinking "why is he with her, or why is she not in shape like him" My husband is an avid runner he runs 10k's and marathons he has his first Triathlon in April and is training for his Iron Man next year. But i plan to be in shape before his Triathlon.. I graduate pre law school in march and a full time mommy of 5 home schooled kids so losing weight and looking good is something I am determined to do not only for my husband but for me.
  • taylorbrown1792
    taylorbrown1792 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi.. Im from Texas. I have about 13lbs to go till i reach my finial goal. when i started losing weight i was over 150 and a size 12- Now I am below 130 FINALLY and in a size 3 I want to get not high school weight but pre twin weight and actually feel good when i am seen with my husband instead of ppl looking at us and thinking "why is he with her, or why is she not in shape like him" My husband is an avid runner he runs 10k's and marathons he has his first Triathlon in April and is training for his Iron Man next year. But i plan to be in shape before his Triathlon.. I graduate pre law school in march and a full time mommy of 5 home schooled kids so losing weight and looking good is something I am determined to do not only for my husband but for me.

Wow thats awesome!! I never met a mom who had twins and is in a size 3! Your on a roll, mama!
  • SettledSue
    SettledSue Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My current weight is 180. I would like to lose at least 10 pounds before my son's wedding in April.
  • nell1185
    Options
    Hi! My name is Danielle and I'm 26. I'm currently at my heaviest weight ever in my life which is 164. I want to get back into shape and have a year-long goal to get down to 130...aka lose 34 pounds. However, I fully understand that through exercising and building more muscle, the number on the scale may not actually show what I want, but I can and will look better by losing inches. I'm very optimistic and plan to do yoga every day (I really enjoy it!) at home, and attend a class at least once a week. I have found some really great workout routines that I can do at home, and I'm excited to start them!

I'm glad this group is up because I'll definitely need motivation! :)

Good luck everyone!
  • karengroovy
    karengroovy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm a 40yo SAHM to one boy, who is almost 2. I live in Arizona. I joined this site last May (? I think?) at 183, and am now 170. I did get down to about 163, but then the holidays arrived.....

I have a number of challenges that I'm working on. I love to drink good beer with my hubby, and we often have a beer or two in the evenings, so this is a lifestyle change for me to stop socially drinking all those calories. I also love cookies, and I totally lack self-control in their presence, but that's easier, as I just won't bake any more. By avoiding alcohol and sweets, I can knock off a thousand calories a week, easy.

I've got some physical issues that complicate exercising for me. I don't want to dwell on them or use them as excuses, but they are realities, so the challenge for me here is to remain committed to getting *some* kind of exercise every day, even if it's not the intense stuff I'd like to do. I'm not going to post any more about my medical stuff as it distracts my focus from my goal and gets me feeling negative, but I wanted to address it briefly here as it is part of my story.

Why lose weight? Well, I lost 50 lbs before getting pregnant, and I felt utterly fabulous! I looked great, too. I just put a photo of me-then up on my fridge, to remind me what I'm working towards. I want to feel healthy again, and even more importantly, I want my son to grow up with healthy role models. If I'm walking around with 30 extra pounds on me, I'll have no credibility when I encourage him to adopt healthy habits. Also, I want to be around for as much of his life as possible, and getting healthy is the best thing I can do to ensure that I am.

So, I expect my weight loss on here to happen slowly, but I think I can realistically get down to 150 by the end of the year, or all the way to my goal, if my health improves. I'm optimistic that this is the year I'm going do it! 140, here I come! : )
  • karengroovy
    karengroovy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I'm sorry - I didn't realize how long that was!
  • superflygal747
    superflygal747 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Renee. I'm 49 years old and from Hampshire, UK. I weigh 154lbs and my goal is 138lbs. I'm looking forward to starting this challenge tomorrow and sharing it with you all!
  • melissa39437
    melissa39437 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi all Im Melissa Im 35 yrs old, Married to my wonderful husband of 14 yrs. We have 3 boys 18,17 and 11. My husband is begining this journey with me tomorrow and we are both very excited to make a lifestyle change forever. I want to be healthy, happy, and physically able to get out and do things all the time without getting tired so easily. I started this weight loss journey last year in Feb and had lost 42 pounds. I stopped smoking 32 days ago and have gained 15 pounds back but not to worry because it WILL come off soon. I will be starting EMT school in 9 days and really need to be in shape. My husband lost 76 pounds during our change. We have recently slipped off track with all the Holidays here but are very motivated to get back on track and we plan to get that going first thing tomorrow morning. I love this group and look forward to being a part of it. I need all the motivation I can get. Lol!
    I hope you all have a safe and blessed New Year!
    Melissa
  • justbecause2014
    justbecause2014 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm Jill, I currently weigh 170, I hope to be down to 140 by summer and 130 by the end of this year! :) enjoy Zumba and running and I hope to make some progress thanks to MFP
  • n8leagr8
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm Lita, and I've been on this site for exactly one year...but now is the time that I am going to actually get to my goal. I originally started at 260 lbs. approximately 3 years ago, and got down to 210...then up, then down, then up again...currently I am at 228. My goal is to lose 100 lbs. by my 30th birthday, November 4th.

Feel free to add me as a friend, I need the support! Also, read my blogs if you like, they tell the background story.

Hope to make some new friends and make some serious goals!

Lita
  • bmartinez16
    Options
    Hi my name Bri and I am from Texas. First day of the new year and first day using MFP. Can't wait to kick this year off with a new healthy way of life. I have already lost 20lbs since May 2011 and I am hoping MFP will help me out of my plateau. My starting weight is 150lbs and goal is 125lbs. I like spinning, running and bodypump. Running first 5k in February! :)
    Happy New Year everyone!!
  • bmcc2009
    Options
    Hi! I'm Bridget from College Station, TX. Physical activity has always been part of my life especially being really into sports in high school, but once college hit it's been lacking. I try to run, but I've never been consistent with it, and frankly it bores me to tears sometimes. Last summer I was really focusing on it, and to motivate me more I signed up for my first 1/2 marathon in November, Signing up was a great decision. It kept me motivated and on track. Although I didn't lose much weight in the process, I felt stronger and healthier. I completed the 1/2 marathon in 2 1/2hrs. It was hard, but so worth it. The feeling of crossing the line was emotional, I never thought I'd be able to do something like that ever. Mid summer I was working up to 3 miles and by November I ran 13.1 miles. Afterwards my knee was somewhat bothering me, and honestly I felt like I needed a bit of a break, so running was more like an afterthought. As of the New Year, I'm back on track. I'm focusing more on losing weight than the miles I run, so it's even a bigger challenge, but I know I can do it. I'm also thinking about doing another 1/2 Marathon this year as well.
  • ambernic76
    Options
    Hello! I am Amber from Seattle, Wa. I use to be active but once I started working in the office it all went south from there. I currently weigh 149 and want to get down to 125 pounds. I'm doing this so I can finally feel good about myself, dressed and undressed. It's hard to feel attractive when you don't like what you look like without clothes on.

I'm going to start the couch to 5k TOMORROW! I'm scared and nervous but excited at the same time.

Good luck everyone!
  • ccbing
    ccbing Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hello...I'm Catrina. I made my mind up a few weeks ago that I was going to start 2012 off on the right foot. I have committed myself to losing 50 lbs this year. This won't be my first time on a weight loss journey. In 2008 I successfully lost 37 lbs. I went to WW meetings and did well. Unfortunately I gained it all back. This past year I entered a challenge with a few other friends and again lost some weight. I think I ended up losing about 20 lbs. AGAIN....I have gained it all back! My husband lost 45 lbs during this challenged and has managed to keep it off by running. He did it...so can I! So...I will soon turn 35 yrs. old and I know it's time to get serious! No more playing around. I have a husband and two precious little girls who need mom to be the best she can be. So here's to making 2012 the year of change for me. I wish everyone great success this next year and beyond!
  • mquickel
    mquickel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I just joined today and am very excited to start this new journey. I am a 1st grade teacher and always on the go! Over the last year my weight has been fluctuating. I began at 149 and I have currently lost 10 pounds to date. My goal weight is anywhere between 125-130. I love going to Zumba classes and have been working out with friends at the gym. My problem is that I LOVE JUNK FOOD! So although I have been watching what I eat, I tend to eat badly if it is available.
  • gracie0201
    Options
    Hi All !!

My name is Gracie and I'm from Long Island, New York. I am super excited to shed some weight..... ... Let 2012 be all about getting healthy !!!!
  • tjandjmkahrs
    tjandjmkahrs Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jonna, wife to my best friend in the world, and mom to 6 VERY active children. I need to set a better example for them, and I just need to be healthier for ME.

I can not wait to really accomplish what I have wanted now for some time!! :bigsmile: