Introductions

Options
Hi everyone! If you have a moment, introduce yourself and let us know your plan for January with Jillian.

I'm Holly, and I've done several of Jillian's workouts, including full-month commitments to Shred and Ripped.

I think I'm going to do a mix of her videos in January, and will likely include them in my regularly scheduled workouts, so I will probably be hanging with Jillian 3-4 times/week. The videos I have that I will be working from are: Shred, Ripped, Banish Fat/Boost Metabolism, NMTZ, 6-wk 6 pack, and Yoga Meltdown.

In January I am also starting my training for a mini-marathon (May) and a tower climb (March).

Here's to a healthy 2012, with a bit of help from JM.

Replies

• shortjules
    shortjules Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian. I have seen so much results from just doing her 30DS the past month. I'm going to be doing 30DS and RI30 next month, probably mixing them up a lil so as not to get bored. Welcome to everyone and let's have an awesome month. Kick the new year off right.
  • juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm actually surprised at how much I've enjoyed Jillian's videos (maybe enjoyed isn't the right word but I do enjoy the results). I got through 26 days of the 30DS before leaving on a cruise. I just picked up Ripped in 30 and 6 Week 6 Pack and I'm going to rotate through them in the month of January to keep things interesting. I'm not a huge fan of strength training unless somebody is pushing me along, so I've been using the videos to help me work some strength in. I look forward to the support of this group. I know there are plenty of times I dread hitting the start button but knowing others are right there with me is so helpful. Happy 2012 everybody!
  • shortjules
    shortjules Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Welcome Julie...I had sent you an invite to this group. That's why it wouldn't let you respond to the variety forum because I had posted it in this group.
    I'm actually surprised at how much I've enjoyed Jillian's videos (maybe enjoyed isn't the right word but I do enjoy the results). I got through 26 days of the 30DS before leaving on a cruise. I just picked up Ripped in 30 and 6 Week 6 Pack and I'm going to rotate through them in the month of January to keep things interesting. I'm not a huge fan of strength training unless somebody is pushing me along, so I've been using the videos to help me work some strength in. I look forward to the support of this group. I know there are plenty of times I dread hitting the start button but knowing others are right there with me is so helpful. Happy 2012 everybody!
  • ItsJustK
    ItsJustK Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    HI! :) I'm K. I have done the 30DS one time through, and my husband says... he saw results. I didn't :) But this time I took some before photos, and it's been months since I've done anything much at all so I'm hoping to see some results!

The past couple days I have been warming up on the treadmill for 30 minutes and then doing 30DS. I am sore sore sore because I haven't done anything in so long but I'm pushing myself. I really like having a group to keep me on track - I have tried to do the shred again in the past and failed without it!

Feel free to add me as a friend, let's try to keep each other motivated :) Good luck everyone and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
  • alikat789
    alikat789 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Alison or Ali. I have tried the 30DS only 2 times now. Today will be Day 3. I like to have a group to stay accountable to. I have tried JM 30DS and Yoga Meltdown. I'm going to order 6 wk- 6pack and my own copy of 30DS. I just need to get in the habit of working out at home again. I'm going to setup my basement to be the workout area but before i can do that i have to organize my office so the stuff from the basement can get moved to the office. Wish me luck that i get it all that done in January.

I plan on doing 30DS 2 - 3 times a week, i also play soccer, attend zumba and hot yoga during the week so i need to ease into the 30DS slowly.

I am similar to Julie that i need a push to do strength training, i could do cardio all the time. I know a little about strength training but find I'm still timid of the weight gym and how to plan out my weight lifting exercises.
  • lmfsmiles
    lmfsmiles Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred today. This time i'm going to get through it. My longest stretch was 7 days.
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

I am Trina. Jillian's workouts that I have are the following: 30DS, Ri30, No More Trouble Zones(love it), Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, Shred It With Weights, 6 Week 6 Pack, Yoga Meltdown, Killer Buns & Thighs and her NEWest one, Extreme Shed & Shred.

I have done 30DS & Ri30 all the way through last summer. Mixed some of the others up in the fall. Now I am back to 30DS. I started with Level 1 on Monday morning. I am mixing it up with Extreme S&S, Yoga Meltdown and probably some others, plus, some P90X workouts.

Stay focused on your goal of becoming a healthier version of YOU! You will succeed!

Trina