How often do you eat meat???

Options
econut2000
econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
Just curious to see what drove you to adopt a flexitarian lifestyle, was it a conscious decision or do you just like vegetarian dishes? How often do you all eat meat and what factors into when you are having it?

I started for environmental/health reasons. I'm an environmental scientist and know the impact commercial farming practices have on the environment so that was a big motivating factor. Plus, I have a TON of health issues right now and thought eating a more plant-based diet should do wonders for my health (and hopefully make that scale budge!). I eat meat 4 meals per week at most (but usually more like 1-2). My fiance is essentially a carnivore and the primary cook so sometimes I will just eat whatever he has made and if I'm at a friend's house I eat whatever they make. Plus, let's face it, sometimes you just want a good cheeseburger!! :laugh:

Replies

• ogosun
    ogosun Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I actually eat meat very rarely. (once or twice a month).
    It's actually not good for my arthritis, i find when i do eat it, i have major bone pain. If i eat meat it will be Organic Turkey or Organic Buffalo. I can't stand hamburgers. Really to me that is not proper food, it actually groses me out. Did you ever watch that movie Fast Food Nation. Pretty sick. It's reality.
    There are so many tasty excellant vegetable dishes. It's amazing how good they taste. Your don't have that heavy awful feeling when you meat. You should try to eat less meat and see how it effects you. And yes you will drop pounds that is for sure. Its an overall clean living lifestyle, from my point of view that is.

http://greenliving.nationalgeographic.com/ideas-conservation-habits-healthy-habits-2818.html
  • Lunalucina
    Options
    Thanksgiving and Christmas, generally, for land animals.

I'll have fish more often...generally when I'm feeling ill and need a boost. Still haven't gotten the handle of an entirely vegetarian diet lol.
  • Kaiwyn
    Kaiwyn Posts: 11
    Options
    I am going to try 6 days on, 1 day off vegetarian for the next 30 days and see how it goes :)
  • ogosun
    ogosun Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    good for you.... You wil feel better....
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    yesterday i ate all veggie...today though, i had a few little pieces of ham on my salad. will probably eat veggie for dinner tonight too.
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Meat leaves me bloated and sluggish. I do still crave for it, and will eat it once or twice a month in the form of a burger or chicken breast. Chicken skin makes me wanna puke, i dont know why. Eggs, i eat twice a week. In the form of an omelette, boiled eggs if not hidden with mayonaise make me vomit. Im allergic to seafood. And i do enjoy vegetarian dishes more. Im also i carb junkie. I have to make an effort to eat protein. Hence i eat beans and lentils very often.
  • barbarella90
    Options
    Just joined the group. Have a friend who eats a flexitarian style and i was just talking to her tonight about it - actually getting some advise. Relly interested in cleaning up my food intake. i want the nicer skin, brighter eyes, healthier, thinner body and energy to exercise when i get home from work. i want to get rid of my junk cravings. my friend said this all comes in time once you start eating mostly vegies, fruits and protein from beans. she said you will know when you body need additional protein like an egg. Starting tomorrow morning and really looking forward to this chnage. :happy:
  • TheReaLeeHouse
    Options
    Chicken 2x, tuna 2x, salmon 1x, sardines 1x, beef 1x