Introduce yourself :))

Options

Replies

• skmolove
    skmolove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 40y/o small town PA girl. been married 17yrs, have 3 daughters, current goal -to loose 50 but ultimately would love to shed 90. starting small ~ hoping for a big finish ; 1 lb/wk & next year this time I'll reach my ultimate goal :wink: lets do this!

looking for supportive friends... add me
  • djanson24
    djanson24 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Danielle...35 yrs old, and mom of almost 8 year old twins. Married 11 years this Friday :) I have lost 40 lbs in the past but in the last several months, I was in a funk due to an injury (unable to exercise as much due to severe plantar fascitis) and gained back 18 lbs. My goal this year is 50 lbs. Going to take it 5 lbs at a time!
  • smulokwa
    smulokwa Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    How-D! My name is Sybil and I will be 150 by May 12, 2012 which is my graduation date! Grad school will be ending and the job search will be starting...soo this is me making the change to finally conqueror the weight! I've struggled with my weight in the past, but now it's time to get myself into the body that I've wanted for so long! I know I can do it. I have everything I need and more! Please friend/add me so we can keep each other accountable!!
  • bugmobile
    Options
    Howdy from Texas!! I am trying to lose 50 pounds by July when I go on an anniversary trip! I want to be in the pictures and be able to look at them afterwards!!
  • zenefertiti
    Options
    omg Im sitting here reading these and its hard to concentrate because my 5 yr old is on school holidays and wont stop talking....! she needs stimulation and i just want to lie down and sleep on the couch.

Im Nicole, 30, mother of two (Miss 5 and Mr 4) and live in Brisbane, Australia. Over here we have kilos - and i have about 50 kilos to lose... I think that is about 100 pounds??? wow. daunting, much???

Im sick of this fat. Im sick of telling myself i'll do better tomorrow. Im sick of looking at the number 50 and thinking god - ive got to somehow get that off. Ive been a member of a gym for 6 months - but i cant be bothered going. It shuts in about 2 hours, so i might go in an hour just to do something :) but then again, i might not!
  • wellingfamily507
    wellingfamily507 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi I am TIffany, and I am looking to lose at least 50+ this year. I am so excited to have found this site! I have lost and gained many times over the years, but have decided, this is for me, for my health, and I am worth it. I am married to a wonderful supportive husband, who is on the bandwagon, and we have 2 kids, ( Hannah 11, and Connor 4) both are very athletic, thankfully. So it's time to buckle down and teach them to eat right to fuel their bodies for the sports they play, as well as eat to help mommy lose weight, and lower her blood pressure, and risk of diabetes. ( Type 2 Diabetes runs rampent in my family, and I want that to stop with me, so my kids don't have to be in this position down the road.
  • galvodka
    galvodka Posts: 102
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lauren and I would like to lose 70 lbs this year. I've lost 104 lbs in 6 yrs and feel like I've wasted so much time losing weight, then gaining some back, then losing some more....that I'm done wasting time and "yo yo dieting" and just want to continue on my journey living a health lifestyle and to stop wasting so much time.
  • linalynn86
    linalynn86 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My name is Lina and my goal is to lose 60 pounds this year. I have always battled my weight, and this year, i NEED to lose! I have had the MFP app on my phone, and never realized the site had so much to offer! I can't wait to check back and read about everyone's successes!:wink:
  • laurabarden
    laurabarden Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Im laura from Arkansas. im a 31 yo happily married woman with 2 adorable boys. Charlie is 5 and caleb will be 1 feb 1st. I think the reason i am a 125 lb person trapped in a 208 lb 5'2" body is because of depression and low self worth. ive come a long way since my cheerleading days in high school. I know shes in there somewhere tho.

Ive worked on the inside and have come to terms with why im in this shape. now i just have to maintain the motivation and diligence to get where im going....time to let the outside reflect the inside.

I need to lose 83 lbs to be at the "ideal weight" of 125 for my height and bone structure. my goal is 140 by the end of 2012....very doable if i take it slow and steady. after all,i gained it slow and steady. lol.

1 lb a week is a good goal for me....sounds so much better than 52 lbs this year. thx for your support and add me as a friend. lord knows i need em. good luck and god bless this year!!
  • annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Nika, I have 78 pounds to lose, so this challenge will help me to get there.
  • BeautifulIllusion19
    Options
    Hello! My name is Mande. I'd like to lose 60 lbs by 2013! Whoop

Challenge accepted!
  • eihunter
    Options
    Hi I'm Liz!

I'm from Ontario Canada and would like to lose at least 60 pounds. The pounds have snuck up on me over the years and I would like to get healthy. Starting to feel the effecting of excess weight-sore knees, tired all the time, etc....

I am currently at my heaviest-which is including my weight when I delivered my babies.

I need to do this for my kids but it will be hard!

Today is my second day on here and I feel good!

I would love to chat with others to stay motivated.
  • kits87
    kits87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! This is the first group I have ever joined, and I hope this will be a positive experience for me, as I don't have much support in my real life (boyfriend eats like a 10 year old boy, Mom refuses to get rid of ****ty food in the house, etc.).

So a little background: My name is Jordana, I'm 24, from Ontario Canada, and have 50-60 lbs to lose. I'm 5'9", and 200lbs.

I had previously lost 50 lbs a couple years ago, but since then I've gained it all back due to emotional eating and crappy stress, or well rather having no way to properly cope with those things.

I'm really hoping to lose the bulk of it by my 25th birthday (July 14), and I'm hoping to pick up other ways to relieve stress other than eating.

My plan is calorie counting, and slowly incorporating exercise so I don't do too much, too soon.

Looking forward to hearing everyone else's story!
  • zanmarie
    zanmarie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Suzanne. I'm a 39 year old mother of two in Seattle, WA. Losing 50 pounds would put me right where I want to be (for now). I'm hoping this is my year to make it happen!
  • mejenniferd
    mejenniferd Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jennifer.
    I have 70 lbs to lose. I'm at my highest weight ever (except while pregnant with my 1st). I weighed less while pregnant with my 2nd, and after he was born I put more on! Ugh.

My goal for this year is 35, to get under 200, and to feel proud for what I've accomplished this year, instead of disappointed that another year has gone by without me doing anything.
  • Spclayton
    Options
    Hello, I'm Sean
    I live in Tacoma Wa. and I am just starting out. I need to lose 60 lbs and have just joined a gym. I plan on working out 3 to 4 time a week and need the support to keep me going.
  • cassandrap11
    Options
    Hi!!

I'm Cassandra. I've decided to get a hold of this continuing battle and losing 50 lbs this year... could use helpful and positive support to keep me motivated!!
  • SparkleDoomPony
    SparkleDoomPony Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Dallas (25/Female/Oregon)

So here's the basics:

I lost 80 lbs back in 2006 and kept it off until last year. Then... prepare to hear something you've NEVER heard before....I gained most of it back :,,,(

So now I'm just looking to get back on track, get back into my nice clothes that mock me from their storage boxes, and get back to being a maintainer.

Is anyone here similar stats to me and looking for a partner in crime? (by crime, of course I mean KILLING millions of calories off of my body :)

I'm 25, married, a veteran, currently a college student studying business and public relations.
    I'm 5 foot 6, currently weigh 235, and am looking to get down to 160/150.

If you are so inclined and/or have a similar journey to make, friend me/link me to your blog/read mine :)
  • pennysteed
    pennysteed Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Penny and I have been maintaining this nasty weight for a year now and want it off. My goal is to lose 80 pounds, but I am taking it in 10 pound chunks. My problem is that I keep losing and gaining the same 5 pounds, but have finally started going back to the gym again two weeks ago, so am hoping that the weight will finally start coming off. Sad thing about this journey, is that it is the same journey I took 5 years ago and almost made it to my goal weight when I suffered two back-to-back injuries and gained all the weight and then some back. I am an emotional eater, and have started crafting to combat that for the most part. At least, it helps i the evenings when I use to eat like crazy. Now I just have to stay on track when I stop to eat my lunch mid-day. My other issue is that I have an unhealthy relationship with food. For so long, even when I was skinny, I was told that I was fat and started hiding what I was eating, then not eating at all. So, I am not quite a bing eater, but eating enough calories everyday tends to be a problem for me. I am tired of being fat and what to be the active Mommy that I once was before the surgeries.
  • JenS0301
    JenS0301 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey yall! My name is Jennifer and I am looking to drop 50-75 more lbs this year. I have 3 wonderful children 14 year old daughter, 7 year old son, and 2 year old daughter. I am finding the new me and loving her so much more than I have ever loved myself. Trying to put ME first and so far it has been great :0) Hoping to meet some wonderful people to share my journey through this weight loss trip.