The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread

Options

Replies

• ReneeJM
    ReneeJM Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Reneé from Coos Bay, Oregon. I'm originally from Southern California but I have been in Oregon for 35 years. I have lived in Madras, Bend, Beaverton also.
  • theoglick
    Options
    Hi, I'm Ted in Eugene, Oregon. I've been on MFP for awhile now and had some success with it, but I have been stalled for a couple of months and I thought joining a group and using the social aspect of the app might help me stay motivated. Nice to meet you all! :smile:
  • soulsetfree
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Mark from Oly. I was a pretty long time member at one point here. I deleted my account for personal reasons (I seriously regret it now). Fell off the wagon. Got in a car accident and now I'm back with a vengeance! I see a few of you on here who I was friends with...

When I was first actively on the boards I lost about 40lbs and was feeling great. I need to rediscover that feeling. So here I am.
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Mark from Oly. I was a pretty long time member at one point here. I deleted my account for personal reasons (I seriously regret it now). Fell off the wagon. Got in a car accident and now I'm back with a vengeance! I see a few of you on here who I was friends with...

When I was first actively on the boards I lost about 40lbs and was feeling great. I need to rediscover that feeling. So here I am.
    Welcome back Mark, we had wondered what happened to you! Nice to see you back. Sucks about the car accident.
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Trish and I live just outside of Bellingham, Washington. I suppose you could say I live in Goshen or Deming, but the zip code says Bellingham. So here I am. :smile:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Lake Stevens representing here. Love the PNW. Moved here from So Cal 12 years ago. Thank you Boeing. I can breathe now.
  • kattygirl0499
    kattygirl0499 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My name is Kathy and I was raised near Mt. Shasta, CA (very small town girl) but my hubby was in the Navy, so we were out in Silverdale, WA for a while and then ended up in the Portland area when he got out. We've been in the PNW for 18 years now (currently living in beautiful Damascus, OR) and love it!!!!!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Looks like I'll follow Kathy from CA......I'm Kathy and was born & raised in Northern CA!!! LOL I was raised in Sonoma County, CA and moved to Spokane, WA 11 years ago when my then boyfirend (now husband) was stationed at Fairchild. We always thought we'd return to CA but now have zero desire to move back. We LOVE it here, our kids love it here and we're happy to call it home :)
  • mollyb33
    Options
    Hello Everyone, my name is Molly and currently I am living in Northern California. I am however moving to Redmond, WA next month (even further into the PNW!). I love the outdoors and my enthusiasm for fitness has extended greatly to all kinds of outdoor activities. It is one of the reasons I adore this area of the West Coast. Between the forests, the coastline, the mountains, and all the wildlife it's just a beautiful stretch of country!

It's wonderful to see such a flourishing community on MFP for the PNW. I hope I get a chance to chat with everyone! :)
  • snshinenor
    Options
    Hello!! My name is Melanie and I am currently living in Eastern Oregon. I was raised in Northern California, spent some time in the service back east, lived up in Olympia for a few years when my husband and I got out and am now in Oregon. :o)
  • jonniepeacock
    jonniepeacock Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone, my name is Jonnie and I am from Eugene Oregon.
  • kmozymoz
    kmozymoz Posts: 187
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Kelcie and I'm from Moscow. Not Russia...Idaho.
  • zanmarie
    zanmarie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Anne and I are neighbors - I'm in Lake Forest Park. WA, just north of Seattle.

I grew up in Iowa and have also lived in FL, CA and IN. I do miss the Midwest at times and don't believe it to be just a good place to be FROM. ;) When we had to leave Indiana, I was hoping for Portland, because I really liked the little I'd seen of it (and Oregon in general). But I got Seattle instead. It's not too bad. ;)
  • Akijade
    Akijade Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Autumn, and I can frequently be found traipsing up and down the I-5 corridor between Eugene and Salem. Though I spend the majority of my time in either Eugene or Albany. :)
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Seattle <3
  • raeanneg
    raeanneg Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year! My name is Rae Anne and I'm in Port Orchard, WA .
  • Shyrabbit
    Options
    hello there i live in Clackamas Oregon I'm 25 and looking to lose 100lbs looking for some motivated friends also! so send a request!
  • deftanker
    deftanker Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Dirk
    I live in Vancouver and work in beaverton. I am looking to lose 80 lbs (hopefully 60 by my 40th in June)
  • megscar
    megscar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Meghan. Mom to an almost 3 year old son and Wife to James. I'm new to Portland, from Long Beach CA. The husband and I are looking to get healthy this year (and forever). Between us, we're looking at losing 120 pounds. Wish us luck!
  • cm62357
    cm62357 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Cheryl, here in lovely Spokane, WA. Love, love, love the PNW! 54 years old and looking to stay physically and mentally active for as long as possible and I know that exercise and healthy eating are a must for that to even have a chance of happening!