Hello & Welcome!

Options
2»

Replies

• melkadee
    melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Mel! I have a little less than 100 pounds to lose. This is a journey for me, but I love challenges! Let's kick the year off right! :bigsmile:
  • TheresaRichardson
    Options
    Thanks for starting this group. I joined MFP in April and have lost 31 lbs. In those first few months, I think I lost the weight too fast as I lost a lot of hair. Changed my goal to 1/2 lb a week. Not losing the hair as fast but had a hard time staying on track when everyone else is losing a lb or more a week!

I am looking forward to getting going again. Let's do this! :smile:

Theresa
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 50 pounds by Dec 31, 2012 so that is about 15 pounds every 3 months....

I am starting the 30 Days Shred on the 1st as well so hopefully I see some results!!!!!
  • mmowbray84
    Options
    What is the 30day shred?
  • sm423
    sm423 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Stephanie and I'm a mother of three. My husband is in the Navy and we live in Hawaii. I started MFP about 5 months ago and lost 12 pounds. Then the holidays hit and I've gained about five pounds back. I'm looking forward to starting off the New Year right and shedding these ten pounds and more!! ;) Good luck to everyone!!
  • pheealowah
    pheealowah Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Fia, 28, and looking to drop 25 within 2012. I'm typically better at achieving shorter termed goals, so this group is PERFECT! Looking forward to the weekly challenges, encouragement and sense of accountability. :smile:
  • abfit4life
    abfit4life Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I am a WAHM of a 9 and 12 year old. I am starting the new year with a positive focus on losing this weight for good. We can and will do this!

7838983.png
  • tinarn03
    Options
    I have just joined MFP. I want to lose about 40 pounds. I lost about 30 pounds before I got pregnant with my daughter (she is 4). After my pregnancy, I only gained 17 pounds. However while breastfeeding for 15 months and need extra calories, I continued to pile on the weight until I was back up to 220. I am a registered nurse and work night shift (3 nights a week). My job is once again backing my into a corner, so I may lend up quitting. This is stressful for me and worrisome. I don't want to quit. I love my job and my friends here but my family has to come first. I am worried about stress eating whenever these changes at work occur. I really want to lose the weight, I felt so much better before when I did. I had more energy. I had better self esteem. I am looking forward to being in this group and working hard to loose the weight by the end of March.
  • fnm101
    fnm101 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Faith. I've been on MFP for a while (on and off), but I've recently recommitted to sticking to this until I lose my "freshman 25." While I jokingly call my excess weight my "freshman 25," I actually gained this amount since I started grad. school in the Fall of 2008; I was about 173 back then and hit 200 this summer ( so really +27 lbs). I allowed life to take over rather than keeping control of my life. So now I'm pushing to get back to where I started, and then I'll go from there.

I'm 5'6", 188 lbs as of 12/28, and 28 years old. Anyone with similar specs. interested in being my accountability buddy?

I'm looking forward to this journey! Best wishes to all of us---we can do this!!!
  • dianeargie
    Options
    Hi all
    I would like to join! I've been on the party train this month-and have the butt to show for it! I am 44 and weight about 160 right now. Seems like a good group with similar goals!
    thanks
    Diane
  • Code2fornow
    Code2fornow Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Laura and I have 2 boys, a 6 month old and a 20 month old, I had them pretty close together and pretty much wrecked my body....so now I am trying to get it back!! I would love to have at least 10 lbs gone by March 30! I think that since I am just starting out that is a great goal and I am looking forward to getting down to a managable weight....I'm sick and tired of being exhausted and disgusted with myself....it's time for a change! SOoooooo I will be doing the Zumba fitness workouts....I started them last week and let me tell you, I am such a white gurl, through and through, bwahahahaha I think I almost fell over about a dozen times trying to salsa!!! You all would have died laughing! I know I did!
  • slynn88
    slynn88 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m Sarah. I just joined this site. Ultimately I would like to lose 40lbs, but I have never been able to stick to an exercise plan for long enough to see results. I’m currently 5’6 and almost 190lbs. I’m 23 and have been working at my desk job for a year and a half and have definitely noticed the weight gain. I also commute an hour and 15 minutes each way, and I have professional exams I have to study for at least an hour a night when I am get home. This really limits my free time and options for working out, but hopefully I can work around these obstacles. I also have back problems from being so sedentary and forced to sit at work and in the car. I’m hoping that exercise and overall weight loss will both have a positive impact on my condition. I look forward to the weekly challenges and online friends to motivate me and make this happen!
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Anything to help get Christmas eating behind and me and move toward my goal! 10 pounds would put me in onederland! :)
  • bander21
    bander21 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Brittany! I'm 20 years old and a Nursing student. For my 21st birthday, a year from now my boyfriend is taking me on this awesome cruise that we have been saving every penny for! I want to be 35 lbs lighter and thinner. I am currently 155 and it is just not attractive. My boyfriend and I live on a limited income because I am in school therefore I do not go to the gym, I just work out around the house and eat the best we can. I do not wear shorts, or bathing suits, or cute tops. I'm a jean and sweatshirt girl. I want to feel comfy in my own skin. Therefore I am going to work really hard to do this, P90X, and get to go on this dream cruise in my dream bikini, with the best guy!
  • pumpkinspicesf
    Options
    Thank you for setting up this group! My name is Vickie, and I'm brand new to mfp. I'm graduating from grad school in March and would like to get back to a healthy weight! I've had a 20 lb weight creep for the past four years of grad school because of stress, less exercise, and poor eating - now that graduation is in sight, I cannot wait to relearn healthy habits and reshape my lifestyle to a healthy one! Can't wait, and looking forward to the support of everyone here in this group! We can do this! :)
  • dianeargie
    Options
    Welcome new Year!

start weight 1/1-12 is 162.

Looking forward to a good month!
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Welcome new Year!

start weight 1/1-12 is 162.

Looking forward to a good month!

Starting weight 162.2. This could get competitive lol!
  • dianeargie
    Options
    sounds good! It's motivating to be with someone at the same weight!
  • BRITTBBGC
    BRITTBBGC Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I no I'm pretty late with the intro.... but I'm Britt 21 years old will be 22 soon. I started my journey back in march of 2011 at 162lbs since I've lost 28lbs and now at 134lbs. I realllllly want to be 120, that's the weight I always wanted to be since wow as long as I can remember! I'm sick of only dreaming about the weight I want to be this WILL BE the year I FINALLY reach my goal! I look forward to doing this challenge with each and every one of you, we can do this!!
  • CiciPorcayo
    CiciPorcayo Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I no I'm pretty late with the intro.... but I'm Britt 21 years old will be 22 soon. I started my journey back in march of 2011 at 162lbs since I've lost 28lbs and now at 134lbs. I realllllly want to be 120, that's the weight I always wanted to be since wow as long as I can remember! I'm sick of only dreaming about the weight I want to be this WILL BE the year I FINALLY reach my goal! I look forward to doing this challenge with each and every one of you, we can do this!!

Glad to have u doing the challenge doll! Good luck!