JANUARY 2012 MONTHLY GOAL

Options
MollyDukes
MollyDukes Posts: 233 Member
I decided i wanted to make a topic to set down, in writing, our goals! I think it would be benificial for some or all of us to write down a goal and aim for it on a monthly basis.

Try not setting goals that are too high or even too hard for you to accomplish, i don't want you to get disappointed and than discouraged. Remember slow and steady wins the race.

My goal, is to finally break this cycle of 173-175. By the end of this month i want to be...i WILL BE....at 169-170. I realize this goal is small but to me it is huge because i have been juggling at this 173-175 for over a month now. To get to my goal weight for this month i plan on making wiser food choices (i have been sticking to my calories the past week...but food choices are crap) cleaner food choices and kicking my butt into high gear to start getting some energy to give exercise my all.:embarassed:

What is your January goal?

Remember set your goals realistically and if you feel like you are losing motivation and need encouragement or help....stop by and ask.

Good luck

Replies

• Momma2fourunder5
    Momma2fourunder5 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I love this idea!! For January I would like to end the month at a 205-206 lb range. I've been stuck at around 210 or 211 for over a month now and I want to get into the single digits (after the 200 of course haha;) which will be the first time for me in over 4 years!

How am I going to do this:
    -I'm going to focus on getting a minimum of 30 mins of exercise EVERY day. I was doing 30 min of workouts 3 or 4 times a week before, but I think everyday will really help boost the weight loss.
    -I want to try incorporating more Zumba into my exercise and less jogging. I've been jogging more recently b/c I really enjoying getting out of the house for my 30 min exercise slot away from my babies, and when I do Zumba they always find ways to interrupt me. However, 30 min of Zumba burns WAY more calories than 30 min of jogging...so I just need to suck it up and do it!!
    -Continue watching my food intake
    This is a big one for me:
    -No eating after 6pm!!!! I really like to munch at night and that is terrible for my metabolism.

2012 is going to be a great year!!!!!
  • GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Sounds great ladies! I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

I'd just like to get my last 4 lbs off and keep them off. That will put me at 135..... I've been smaller and I've been bigger, but that seems like a good middle ground. :) I wouldn't cry if I lost a few more pounds then that, but that is my goal. ;)

Like Molly said, don't let yourself get discouraged, if you need some encouragement stop by here or feel free to message me anytime :)
  • theresabugx
    theresabugx Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Okay so for Jan i would like to get down to under 150, i hevent weighed myself in a few days, so it might be 4-5 pds away. and to continue to improve my eating choices :) I have a good feeling about the year!! its gonna be the year of big changes :)
  • galaxyhearts
    galaxyhearts Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I really really want to lose 10 full pounds this month!!!!!
  • Sherie13
    Sherie13 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I don't have a weight loss goal for January. For the last few weeks I have not worked out. My goal is to hit the gym or workout in some way at least 4 times a week for a minimum of 45 mins. It may seem small but it's really hard for me to get going. I just want to get back into the grove!

All of your goals are wonderful. I know that we can do this together!!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I have really struggled with managing myself on days off. So I think for this month my goal will be to work out every WEEKEND day.
  • MollyDukes
    Options
    There is some great goals listed here....how's everyone doing with it?
  • rachelmarie1
    rachelmarie1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    eww goals in writing!! why! ok, here it goes... since you are holding me accountable for myself in writing.

I currently weigh: 216.7
    Goal for January: 210.0
    wishful Jan. goal: 200.0

I think 210 is realistic since i was at 212 before christmas. I would really like to hit 200 by the end of the month. I think the 30 day shred says 20 pounds... that would put me at 196.7 and that would be FABULOUS!! :love:
  • rachelmarie1
    rachelmarie1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I don't have a weight loss goal for January. For the last few weeks I have not worked out. My goal is to hit the gym or workout in some way at least 4 times a week for a minimum of 45 mins. It may seem small but it's really hard for me to get going. I just want to get back into the grove!

All of your goals are wonderful. I know that we can do this together!!

I find it hard to get going too.... the best way to get going is just to throw your workout cloths on and dont look back! lol when i stop to think about getting motivated to workout, I find myself finding excuses not to do it and then finding myself sitting on the couch. BUT once i start working out i find myself just keeping at it. I wish you luck! You can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • Momma2fourunder5
    Options
    I have really struggled with managing myself on days off. So I think for this month my goal will be to work out every WEEKEND day.

This is a great goal!!! I have a hard time on the weekends too, so I think I'm going to steal your goal and add it to my list:) Hope you don't mind:wink:
  • Momma2fourunder5
    Options
    Ok Ladies, it's Jan 15th...we are half-way through the month!! How is everyone doing on their goals?

I weighed in this morning at 209.6 (FINALLY broke that 210 mark-whoohoo!), but I've still got another 3-4 lbs to lose before I make my Jan goal.

We can do this!!!
  • theresabugx
    Options
    I guess i set mine too low because i already reached it. :D Im setting a new goal of reaching 145 lb's by feb 14th.
  • Momma2fourunder5
    Options
    I guess i set mine too low because i already reached it. :D Im setting a new goal of reaching 145 lb's by feb 14th.

IMPRESSIVE!!! great job girl!!
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get my sodium under control. I'm not sure what's been going on lately been I went from doing very well with 1500 to shooting up to about 4000! At least it was better yesterday & today (2500).

To be fair, I just made this goal lol so even though we're 1/2 way through January I'm hoping to still accomplish this
  • Sherie13
    Sherie13 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Ok Ladies, it's Jan 15th...we are half-way through the month!! How is everyone doing on their goals?

I weighed in this morning at 209.6 (FINALLY broke that 210 mark-whoohoo!), but I've still got another 3-4 lbs to lose before I make my Jan goal.

We can do this!!!

I've been sooooo bad... I haven't worked out very much, but 6am spinning class is calling my name already. I'll be ready to go in the morning.

Congrats on betting below 210!! That's wonderful!
  • Momma2fourunder5
    Options

We can do this!!!

I've been sooooo bad... I haven't worked out very much, but 6am spinning class is calling my name already. I'll be ready to go in the morning.

Congrats on betting below 210!! That's wonderful!
    Thanks you!! I've been stuck at 211 for a least a month so it was a nice [small] victory for me! Don't worry about the 1st half of the month...make the 2nd half better!!! Have a great time at spin class!
  • theresabugx
    Options
    So there's only a little bit of Jan left how is everyone doing with there January Goal?
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    So there's only a little bit of Jan left how is everyone doing with there January Goal?

Still over sodium, but only about 400 or less over sodium..... which isn't bad since I was about 1000 over the goal before =P Half way to my goal i guess?
  • MollyDukes
    Options
    I hit 170, yay. 1 more lbs to go to getout of the 70's ugh. Lol