How did you fare through the holidays?

Options
Dundreggen
Dundreggen Posts: 41 Member
I ended up having three fairly major cheat days (Christmas eve, Christmas and New Year's eve) but didn't beat my self up about it or feel guilty. Which is a huge thing for me, in the past I would have been hard on myself for 'falling off the wagon'. But now I look at it as 'the long haul'. Its what I do 95% of the year not those few days I do cheat.

I ended up loosing that stubborn pound so I finally hit the 20 pounds gone milestone after cheating. I really don't get metabolism lol.

How did the rest of you fare?

Replies

• sonician1974
    sonician1974 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Not as bad as I expected, and I've already re-lost about half of it. I think I ended up with a net gain of around 9 lbs between Dec 24th and Dec 31st.

I promised myself that I am sticking with this, and I feel like it's been easy to slide right back into it. Next step is to start adding some cardio/exercise to help push things a bit more.
  • Bossit
    Bossit Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    At one point my stomach was so full of Christmas dinner I was lying down so I could drink my beer. It was glorious.
    Got all the cheating out of my system. I am happy to get back into my healthier eating starting today.
  • psisarah
    psisarah Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I didn't cheat once over the holidays and gained 4 lbs *grumblecakes*

I blame shark week. Hopefully I see a big drop this week, it's a little discouraging. I feel a lot better though and don't regret not cheating, I still had a great time over the holidays with my family. I know that holy-****-I-overindulged-and-I-hate-myself feeling all to well, and don't miss that in the slightest.
  • Justforthebacon
    Justforthebacon Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Lost 1.6 pounds over the holidays! :) It was pretty easy for me though because we hosted the family this year. Makes a big difference when you can prepare what you are going to eat. As for New Years I don't really drink anyway, I am always the DD. lol
  • shadea4455
    shadea4455 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I gained about 4lbs total over the holidays, ugh! And I only cheated on Christmas day, but I cheated with MASSIVE amounts of sugar :noway: But I've been back on track with my healthy eating since the day after Christmas and today the scale finally started moving back in the right direction lol
  • lookfierce
    Options
    Put on half a kilo or so. Had various cheats due to emotional pressure from family, but we did loads of walking in the brisk cold, so I think that kept the carbs used up for the most part.

Now back to it!
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I didn't cheat ..:blushing: -- it took me two weeks to get into ketosis and I was not about to knock myself out.
  • trkinsley
    trkinsley Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I didn't cheat, per se, but I ate more than usual. I still was at a loss overall, but then had a minor surgery and now am up about a kg from that. Very annoying.
  • abfit4life
    abfit4life Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I stayed within my calorie limits but my carb was in the red more often than not!! Good news is at my weighin this morning I'm still at 213. Was hoping for a loss but I'm happy with the status quo. Had a great 3 egg with blue cheese omellette at brunch and I'm still in a great zone.
  • EbolaLeak
    EbolaLeak Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I gained 2 pounds, by cheating on Christmas. I stayed below my calorie limit, but I went waaayy over my carb limit. I also cheated yesterday on New Year's Day, but the scale doesn't seem to be showing a difference, although I hardly ate anything because I was so hungover from New Year's Eve!
  • auctoritas
    Options
    I cheated all new years weekend. Up 7 pounds. Here's hoping it's mostly water weight, and the abdominal discomfort from carb overload goes away soon. :D
  • Rolodex84
    Options
    I cheated but stayed in my carb limit on Christmas dinner and Drank over my limit on New Years Eve. Still in Keto though so ... I think I did alright.
  • rimandro
    rimandro Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Cheated for a whole week, gained 5 lbs, but already lost it all. No regrets.
  • AnyaArson
    AnyaArson Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    "Oh, it's just a few days. I can enjoy other people's home cooked meals!"
    Yeah, but I felt like I was poisoned every night. And as soon as I had just one cookie, I was caught and addicted and had to eat the whole plate, and the ice cream, and the coffee, and the Balleys, and...

I just can't eat a significant amount of carbs anymore without feeling like my stomach is full of concrete.
  • addictedtobubbles
    Options
    I cheated on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and then got back in the groove. I ended up with about 2 lbs of weight gain.