week 1, day 1

Options
i just finished the first days workout. i didn't remember to turn on my heart rate monitor until i was almost through the warm up, so it says i only burned 192 calories for today although i am sure it was a little more.

Replies

• meghan1984
    meghan1984 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello! Just joined the group!
    Started Slim in 6 today, never tried it before but I think I'm going to enjoy it. I didn't think I was getting a decent workout until I was done and noticed how shakey my arms felt. Here's hoping I can keep this up for 6 weeks.
  • Evelyn2050
    Evelyn2050 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I too did the 40 minutes video today. MFP's database only told me I burned about 251 caleries for 40 minutes of Aerobic exercise - low impact. So, it is currious to me that you said your HRM said about 190. Maybe MFP isn't that far off. :) One of these days, I'm going to have to invest in a HRM.
  • landry1
    landry1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Day 1 down and I forgot how hard it was. I also used MFP for low impact aerobics and I burned 138 calories. I felt inspired so I cooked a bunch of low calorie vegan food and packed my breakfast and luncn for work tomorrow. I also ordered a bathing suit one size smaller! I'm ready!
  • misstiffanyrenee
    misstiffanyrenee Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    i just noticed that you said you did 40 minutes of workout...my start it up workout was only 25 minutes...probably because it is from 2002. that could be the discrepancy in calories.
  • apilant
    apilant Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I need to get a heart rate monitor! I did the start it up (25 min), but I did it with my weights so I would burn more calories. I went online and found people my height/weight and saw what they burned doing it. I thought it looked a little high tho?
  • misstiffanyrenee
    misstiffanyrenee Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I need to get a heart rate monitor! I did the start it up (25 min), but I did it with my weights so I would burn more calories. I went online and found people my height/weight and saw what they burned doing it. I thought it looked a little high tho?

i love my polar monitor!