Where is everyone?

Options

Replies

• CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Wow, lots of Sheboygan people here.

Used to live in Howards Grove.

Currently living in Seymour. Home of the Hamburger!!! Smack between Green Bay and Appleton.
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I'm in Milwaukee, but originally from Wichita, Kansas. This will be my first Wisconsin winter. I'm pretty much terrified.

I'm in Stevens Point and also my first WI winter. Although I just moved from central Iowa....really.....it can't be worse than Iowa, can it?

I live in Friendship but worked in Stevens Point for a few years, transplant from Oklahoma, and yeah ...... welcome to Central Wisconsin. We get more than Milwaukee because we are more up north. Just be prepared for several feet of snow and drive safe and stay warm come February. Buy long underwear. :)
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm in East Troy. And of course none of you know where that is until I say two words: Alpine Valley. LOL most people around the SE part know Alpine but not the town it's in.

I also have a permanent camper in Montello, where I spend just about every weekend April-October.

For the newbies, yes, winter is probably going to be worse than you expect. It's bad-*kitten* cold. And those pretty pictures you see on tv and on greeting cards, with all the beautiful white snow on the trees and everywhere? Yeah, that lasts for a few hours until the plows come around and it all turns gray. Sorry to burst your bubble.

LOL
  • _Tristan_
    _Tristan_ Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Milwaukee too...
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Jill: My cousin lives in East Troy. Just visited her yesterday. Could have done without Milwaukee traffic though..... Nice little city you got there.
  • LadyW1nger
    LadyW1nger Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm newbie from West Bend.
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    New to group, in Milwaukee
  • stephkuch
    stephkuch Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Also new to the group..Appleton here!
  • jennyjo79
    jennyjo79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I work in Wausau, but live about 35 minutes north, in the rural Gleason area. :)
  • Breally
    Breally Posts: 10
    Options
    Appleton strong!
  • passionatemom
    passionatemom Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I'm in Sheboygan
  • atweeks722
    Options
    I'm new to the group and I'm from the Tomah area (about 45 minutes east of LaCrosse).
    ~Ann
  • chattywalnut
    chattywalnut Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in Seymour....Home of the Hamburger...
  • jdjefferson
    Options
    Sun Prairie--join me for a run some time!
  • gregersons
    gregersons Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Kenosha here!
  • rissuhbissuh
    Options
    Just moved to Milwaukee in September. I've lived all over Wisconsin for the majority of my life though. I'd love to have more Wisconsin friends :D
  • lclowe0808
    lclowe0808 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Waukesha here
  • jlj9287
    jlj9287 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Shorewood here (though born and raised in Milwaukee)

I notice all of these posts about snow, yet I don't think we've gotten more than a dusting here all season. *knock on wood*
  • jennyklotz2
    Options
    I am in Kiel.
  • Tobybears
    Options
    Just restarted MFP. My name is Jean and I am from Sun Prairie. If anyone wants to friend me please do.