How heavy are the weights you're using?

Options
2»

Replies

• MeganSWoods
    MeganSWoods Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I believe Jillian recommends starting with 3 lbs-- that's what I'll start with. I have 2's, 3's, and 7's so I will probably stick with 3's the whole time unless it's way too easy and I'll try the 7's.
  • sansouchi1050
    Options
    I had to start with a combination. I have 4 lb weights that I used for everything except the side lung-with the arm lift ( not sure what that exercise is called) I had to drop down to 2 lb weights for that one...ouch!!! I did the modified push ups, but I was able to do them all!! Love it when Jillian tells me I'm getting STROOONG :wink:
  • BestCindyICanBe
    BestCindyICanBe Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    LOL you guys are so funny!! I think that is why I hate jumping jacks...afraid I'm going to get a black eye! I started with 2 pound weights but I think I will be able to move up to 3 or 5.
  • kezziemc
    kezziemc Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have 2 and 5lb weights. I'm going to start with 2 and then after I get used to the workout I'm going to increase to 5. Never done the workouts before, bought the dvd today and done level 1. Its an intense workout on level1!! Mostly because I hate jumping jacks! :laugh:

I DETEST jumping jacks. Hate, hate, hate them. Not sure if I made that clear! I think it's because I'm scared my boobs will hit me in the face :embarassed: Or it could just be that they kill me......

I injured my knee by landing on it wrong on day 3 last time I tried. Had it strapped up for 2 weeks after and couldnt put weight on it. When I started it a 2nd time, I just jumped stright up and down. As long as you keep moving it all helps.

I'll be using 2x 3lb weights as thats all i have.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I'm using 2lbs as they are all I have, I think I might get some bheavier ones later on. I still ache!
  • Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Hi mine are in KG and say 2kg I just looked and that is 4.4ibs that will do for now but my sister very kindly bought me adjustable weights so I might increase..At the mo I just want to get through it lol
  • CRSE1214
    CRSE1214 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am using 3 lbs. I bought the 30DS mat and weight set and that is what came with it. It's good for me because I have NO arm strength at all! =)

THIS!!!
  • Chika85
    Chika85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    So I'm on day 7 and my 5lbs are so not cutting it anymore. I'm going to the store to get 8lbs or even 10. I would have never said that on day one!
  • wendyannvantiem
    wendyannvantiem Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    5 pound weights
  • sunshineicarus2
    Options
    I"m using four pound weights, which is challenging but in a good way. Except for the side lunge things--I can't make it through both sets with the four pound weights.
  • 1stampermom
    1stampermom Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started out with 3 lbs, but I didn't have much soreness even though the last few reps on certain exercises were tough. Tomorrow is D3L1 and I plan to use 5 lbs, and possibly switch to 3's during each set if the 5's are too much.
  • kellymcaloon
    Options
    Jillian's 5 lb weights. Which I (and everyone else who picks them up) thinks is a downright lie bc they feel way heavier than 5 lbs! lol
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    3lbs, although on one or two strength moves I could do with 5lbs, I don't seem to get much out of the chest flys with 3 lbs.
  • Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I don't have weights (well I do, but my husband is using them), so I use Wii remotes, which are probably half a pound each. :embarassed: I might get some spaghetti sauce cans to use for the chest fly's though because I don't feel that one burn at all.
  • mrsmartinez0625
    mrsmartinez0625 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    3 pounds for me! I plan on moving up to 5 pounds on day 5, but I'll probably have to switch back to 3's for that side lunge/arm raise move! Ouch! haha
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I got 2 lbs because I have absolutely NO upper body strength and I'm a workout beginner. However, I'm hardly feeling any burn at all in my arms when I do chest flys or the squat-and-press, so when I have the money I may buy some heavier ones.
  • lc504
    lc504 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm using 5 lb weights, which are fine for all moves but the side lunges at the end, my arms can barely move by the end, haha. So I might get a set of 2 or 3 lbers for that move.
  • onmywaytoskinny
    onmywaytoskinny Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I use 3 lbs. I started with 5 but couldn't do the whole exercise. Also, I wore my swimsuit one day because I didn't like everything bouncing around.
  • Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I use 3 lbs. I started with 5 but couldn't do the whole exercise. Also, I wore my swimsuit one day because I didn't like everything bouncing around.

Thats what I did on one of the days I just bought a sports bra..Much better :-) I moved up to 5.5 pounds today but have my smaller weights on hand for the ones that I struggle with.