Beginning Again

Options
sugsug
sugsug Posts: 3 Member
Hi, Just thought I would try again to lose weight. It is hard to breathe and am tired of not having clothes that fit to wear to work. Arthritis pains make it difficult to move. I'm beginning with stretching in the morning to help out. I wish everyone the best on their goals for 2012. It will be a great year for us all. A little at a time......

Replies

• yosem
    yosem Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am starting 2012 with a commitment to use MFP daily. I convinced several members of my family to join MFP to make this a group effort. (I am a social dieter and exerciser) I added them all as friends and created a little family social network. My sister, who lives far away, and I joined the same MFP groups and this past week we signed together for our first challenge. (15 miles in one week). It was really nice to do this with her. Having the challenge helped with my motivation. I intend to do more of those. I will go week by week, one challenge at a time. Once I am back at home and work, I will plan my meals to fit my goals. This year, I am commiting myself to a healthier and more active life.
  • joanneonline
    Options
    I think you have a great attitude in your approach - "A little at a tme...."

I started with 20 min on my elliptical machine a couple of weeks ago, and now for the past two days I was able to do 30 mins. I felt them mind you, but it reminded me how much our bodies want to be well. The benefits of living health aren't like addition - it's more like muliplication. Meaning, just a week will give you the energy to do a little more. Than once you can breathe a little easier, you feel like doing a little more - soon, no one will be able to stop you :)
  • yosem
    yosem Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thank you, it feels really nice to be in a group of suportive people my age. Is like.. we are all in the same boat, and together we can change direction and move forward.