6W6P?

Options
Amy_B
Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
This is on my list for tomorrow, I believe. Tell me about it.

Replies

• AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I really like this one. It goes by quickly for me. I have trouble with one of the moves--there is a side plank balancing on one arm and it really hurts my wrist for some reason. So I've been modifying that move. The spider planks are a killer for me but I can do most of them.

I've only done Level 1. I did Level 1 for two weeks but then we went out of town for two weeks and I didn't do the video at all during that time. So I restarted it yesterday and I'm going to do the full six weeks either 5 or 6 times a week.
  • shortjules
    shortjules Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I definitely want to pick up this video. I don't have it yet, but I'm sure it will be awesome, just as all the rest. I have heard that she does put some cardio into it as well, which is awesome. Let me know how you do.
  • sara819
    sara819 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I really like this one. It goes by quickly for me. I have trouble with one of the moves--there is a side plank balancing on one arm and it really hurts my wrist for some reason. So I've been modifying that move. The spider planks are a killer for me but I can do most of them.

Yes! That side plank is awful! Not really for my abs or thighs but my arms and wrist. Sometimes when I can't do it, I do another set of one of the other moves. I love this DVD though! I've only been doing it for a week but can already feel my core getting stronger.
  • jojowink
    jojowink Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    its not much cardio like Shred or Ripped, but some. I only did a few days of L1 & now i'm doing a bunch of different JM workouts (i get bored). however i did notice while doing a "plank" move the other day- that i don't have much baby fat flab hanging that i did about a month ago!!! SO i'd say it works!!!
  • juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I've done this video once and it went by pretty fast. I plan on using it to take a break from RI30 when my knees need a break. The side plank I don't understand and just did the plank raises she does in RI30 and 30DS instead - I felt like I was really going to hurt myself doing whatever it was she was doing. The spider is tough too, but with practice I know I'll get that one. Its got a decent amount of cardio but doesn't have the burn of RI30 or 30DS, I think it is a good alternative for people with achy joints though.
  • Amy_B
    Options
    The one exercise where you arms are in an "L" with no neck support...how do you do that??? My neck hurts today from doing it. I ended up supporting my neck some with the opposite arm.
  • juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    The one exercise where you arms are in an "L" with no neck support...how do you do that??? My neck hurts today from doing it. I ended up supporting my neck some with the opposite arm.

I don't remember that one - was it on the floor and a diagonal crunch? I think you probably modified it the best way by supporting your head with the opposite arm. As your abs get stronger, the neck pain will probably not be an issue. Great work getting through the workout!!
  • Amy_B
    Options

I don't remember that one - was it on the floor and a diagonal crunch? I think you probably modified it the best way by supporting your head with the opposite arm. As your abs get stronger, the neck pain will probably not be an issue. Great work getting through the workout!!
    Yes, that exercise. When I do the video again (next week, I believe), I will use arm support again.
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I like what this video does to my mid section. It makes a difference. Ive done it teice now, and I just love the variety she gives.
  • mg720
    mg720 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have done almost all of the Jillian dvds and this one is my favorite. It really makes me sweat and seems to go by so fast. The one thing i will say is the background music tends to annoy me. So now that I know the moves I usually just keep it on mute and play my own music to work out to.
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I did this once when I bought it last year and remember it was tough but I liked it. Right now I'm finishing RI30 this week and then will do the shred over the next 6 weeks but after that 6w6p is next in line. Hoping to whip my midsection into shape before bathing suit season!