Nutrition

Options
shortjules
shortjules Posts: 111 Member
Problems, high points, recipe ideas, tips and tricks....let's all share them here.

Replies

• jenuhfur
    Options
    I am having a REALLY hard time today with the no soda. My head is pounding, and I am super grouchy. Damn cravings.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I am having a REALLY hard time today with the no soda. My head is pounding, and I am super grouchy. Damn cravings.

Do you like coffee?? Even with creamers they are less calories than soda...In terms of soda I really like Pepsi Max - doesn't have the gross diet aftertaste...
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Forgot to say that my favorite go-to website is skinnytaste.com...love all the low calorie/delicious recipes available!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem...sugar. Once I start, I have issues stopping. Ugh!
  • juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Forgot to say that my favorite go-to website is skinnytaste.com...love all the low calorie/delicious recipes available!

I love the Chicken Enchiladas from this site - so good!!!!!
  • arwaleenah
    arwaleenah Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem...sugar. Once I start, I have issues stopping. Ugh!
    I know what you mean! I've never been a sugar person till the past 2 months where i found my self eating more than a tray cookies in a day. I need to work on this issue coz i realize i may have been this weight before but i don't remember looking this horrible.
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    hmmm chicken wings are my biggest problem
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    hmmm chicken wings are my biggest problem

I love hot wings :-/
    Actually, went out last week to a NW place called Wingers - the only thing I could order and not go over my cals for the day (and I'd saved ELEVEN HUNDRED calories to go there) was a side of fries and 6 wings. Seriously, the burgers, the chicken sandwiches, the fish and chips, all around the 1,000 mark. The six wings put me back about 600 and the fries were just over 500 - I didn't finish those. I don't even want to know the cal total on my friend that got the all you can eat wings - that also came with fries!
  • shortjules
    Options
    So, I had white castle today....3 of the lil sliders, totaling 510 calories. Luckily I didn't go over my calorie count. I just had to eat them. I live in FL and we do not have white castle here (which is something that I miss sometimes). Well, one of the nurses that I work with had family come down from up North and they brought white castle with them. Love it and at least I know I won't be eating anymore of that anytime soon.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I made baked chicken wings for dinner. I'm actually not that big of a fan of getting them at a restaurant. Of course, I've never been to an actual wing's restaurant before. If you do them at home, it's not too bad. Just google "baked chicken wings."
  • Sambo004
    Sambo004 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian, so my biggest issue is carbs & sugar. Love carbs!
  • jenuhfur
    Options
    My diet is on hold until Friday. I need to get some groceries, because there just isn't enough healthy food to eat all day lol.
  • shortjules
    Options
    So, I really like honey nut cheerios, but dang do they have sugar...lol
  • logicandlove
    logicandlove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Sugar is my big problem too...even though I've been below my cals pretty consistently, I keep going at least a little over my sugar, and I'd like to stay well under it. I guess it's time to start eating even more veggies?