Schedule

Options
Hi everyone! This feels like a silly question, and I do apologize if I missed the answer somewhere. How many days a week are do you doing this workout? I was thinking every other day, then I started questioning myself. It is old school thinking that your muscles need recovery time??? Help!!

Thanks, Erica :)

Replies

• CBKMom
    CBKMom Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I, for one, am going for 30 days in a row. No skipped days. I figure that I eat 30 days in a row, I should exercise as well.
  • gfchica
    gfchica Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for Monday through Friday and resting the weekends. I also run so in reality Saturday will be my only true rest day.
  • curvy_ca_mama
    curvy_ca_mama Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I, for one, am going for 30 days in a row. No skipped days. I figure that I eat 30 days in a row, I should exercise as well.

I'm definitely not opposed to exercise. I just don't want to overdo it, and work against myself.
  • bonnt
    bonnt Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I've been told countless times to take at least 1 day a week of rest. Even if you look at the recommendations on some of her DVD's, they say to do Jillian's workouts 6 times a week. I will have one day of rest.
  • Akjenn89
    Akjenn89 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    On her ripped in 30 dvds, she states that the dvds were only intended for 5-6 days a week. Not sure if this is the same for 30 day shred, but I figure probably true. From what I've been told by other workout instructors, your body needs a day of recovery to build muscle or something along those lines.
  • sailingsal
    sailingsal Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    i'm aiming for daily, but may take a sunday off.
  • PacificGirl
    Options
    It's really not a good idea to do 30 straight days. I understand the want to workout consistently, but not giving your body a rest is a good way to hurt yourself. 6 days on and 1 day off is what I'll do. On my day off I'll probably go take some relatively easy laps down at the pool or I'll go for a half an hour walk. But giving your body a break from this workout especially, IS important!

Without at least one day of rest, your body has no time to recover. This means you not only increase your chances of injuring yourself and having to take much longer than a few days off, but you're not giving your muscles that chance to repair themselves and build the way that they need to.
  • curvy_ca_mama
    curvy_ca_mama Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I appreciate your input. I will probably do 5 days, and then rest on the weekend from her. I do something else on the weekend. :)
  • Lupiemomma30
    Lupiemomma30 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I plan to do every day execpt the Sabbath. I usually don't exercise on Saturday...unless it's in the evening...and that RARELY happens.
  • Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I was planning on doing it every day but now I am not sure maybe I will take Sundays off?
  • TheAnie
    TheAnie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I was also planning to do it every day and maybe take a day off but have been told by several that I'm supposed to do a day of this, a day of cardio, a day of 30ds, a day of cardio, and back and forth. I'm not sure I want THAT many break days from it.

I am planning to take at least one day off a week at least. But right now my body is also trying to convince me I'll never be able to move past level one. lol.
  • javame
    javame Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Just finished L1D6--and while I was planning to try to go straight through...I may take a rest day on the 7th day. God rested, so can I! Thanks for the input and experience!
  • sarashae
    Options

this is what I will be doing as well
  • sarashae
    Options

this is what I will be doing as well