One word..OUCH!

Options
Myrtlemama4
Myrtlemama4 Posts: 92 Member
So I have been working out 5-6x a week since June. I am not fit by any means, but when I did that video last night, I felt pretty good...I knew I would be sore, but OMG. I have to go to work this morning, and the gym after..I am hoping what people say about only 4 days of soreness and it gets better...
Its funny how basic moves can hurt so bad...lol

Replies

• SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's tough. I take some Motrin after I am done. I feel less sore the next day when I take it.
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Just did my first day of level one today.....felt good and much better than I feared...but I know I will be sore in the morning!
  • linalynn86
    linalynn86 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My legs are so sore from yesterday! Can't wait to see myself in 28 days! :)
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    You know what? I was pleasantly surprised waking up this morning; I expected to be so sore I could barely move. I am sore, but not as sore as I thought I would be so I am going to proceed and do D2L1 today instead of taking a day off. That may be signing my death warrant, but I have a feeling I just need to keep going instead of taking breaks.
  • martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly sore in my pecs. It hurts to move my arms, but it's a good hurt. It'll get easier. That much i remember.
  • bewitched2982
    bewitched2982 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I did about 4 days of it last week. After my first 2 times, I could barely move I was so sore. But by the end of the week I felt much better! Stay with it and it really will get easier...and less painful ;)
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. I woke up this morning and I honestly can hardly walk! I feel pathetic! I knew my thighs would be super sore because that's what I always have issues with, but my hamstrings are also on fire and I did not expect that.

The weird thing is, my arms were what hurt the most during the work out (I have no upper body strength, so even the push-ups killed me), but they feel fine today. That was a nice little surprise. My abs aren't too bad either.
  • kitsrunner
    kitsrunner Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Oh I hear ya....my arms were killing me last night...it took me forever to fall asleep :sad:

I'm going to keep at it though....no pain no gain!!!
  • Myrtlemama4
    Myrtlemama4 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Well I am also working out at the gym on top of this, so this morning was rough. I need to up my protein to help my muscles.....
  • rhondamom388
    Options
    I will see how i am tomorrow but right now i am real shakey! I am excited to see results though!
  • Akjenn89
    Akjenn89 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Today is my day 5... I've been sore all week everywhere. Abs, butt, thighs, arms.. But today it actually wasn't as bad as yesterday. There could be some truth to the 4 day rule.
  • sew1222
    sew1222 Posts: 241
    Options
    Yeah it's tough. I take some Motrin after I am done. I feel less sore the next day when I take it.

i was thinking about doing this too...so it does help...hmmm