When is your next HM...or 1st?

Options
linnea213
linnea213 Posts: 178 Member
Mine is May 6th. I am running the First Midwest Bank Southwest half marathon. It literally runs about 1 block from my house so I can crawl home :)

Replies

• AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    lol :laugh:
    Mine in June 24th... Fingers crossed I can make it!
  • sherip22
    sherip22 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My first ever half marathon is February 26th in Disney! Less than 2 months to go!
  • girllimberlost
    Options
    I am doing the Utah Valley Half for the second time in June. I will walk it. My time last year was 3 hours 36 minutes, which isn't too shabby for walking. My goal is to beat my time and get further in the race before my body starts yelling at me -- In other words, be in better shape this time around.
  • AliceIsRunning
    AliceIsRunning Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Tinkerbell Half-Marathon at Disneyland on Jan 29th. 26 DAYS AWAY!!!!!
  • olivedrab
    olivedrab Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm running the Western Pacific Half Marathon on May 5th. It's part of a series of smallish local races in my area and seems like a good way to get back into the longer distances. I'm excited about this one because a lot of it follows gravel or fire trails--so it won't be all on pavement!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I am running in a Tough Mudder in march...which will be 12 miles, so Almost! Next one on the schedule is in September (US Air Force in OH) if I am healed enough from a possible surgery I am having in May
  • l3ugjuice
    l3ugjuice Posts: 233
    Options
    Mercedes Half marathon on Feb 11. Was this >< close to trying the full, but I want to do one I know I can finish =)
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    My 3rd half marathon is Feb 19th for the Livestrong Austin Marathon. I ran it last year also, that one was my first. So at least I know the course and know what to expect. 47 days, and I'm smack dab in the middle of training!
  • lexmac47
    Options
    My next half if Feb 12 - the Hypothermic Half in Edmonton, Alberta Canada - brrrrr. I'm counting it as a training run for the Vancouver full marathon on May 6. I'm pretty worried about that one, having only done one full in my life 10 years ago. Hopefully I'll be able to lose some weight before both!
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    My first is September 2nd, the half at Disneyland. I am so glad I have such a long time, but I am already filled with anticipation.
  • daved71
    daved71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My first will be the Detroit half in October. Lots of training time since I am a novice runner who has only done one 5K and haven't run much since this past october when Ipulled a calf muscle and lost all motivation to exercise.

Dave
  • elf618
    elf618 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try the National Breast Cancer Marathon's 1/2 on Feb 12 in Jacksonville FL...I'm late in training this year but I'm ok with walking some if I need to. In fact, there's a huge Jeff Galloway run/walk program for this race in town so I won't be the only one planning on some walking.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My first was Park 2 Park in Holland, Michigan last September and I am now hooked!! My next one is Run Abe in Springfield Illinois on April 7... at least that's the plan for now! I have another in March I'm interested in but not sure if I can make it work, so I'm sticking with Abe for now! Can't wait for that finisher's medal!!!!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I think I might have to wait until August for my first one. There is another that I could possibly do in June but we might be going out of town AND it's a lottery entry. I'm still looking for some others nearby that I could possibly do in May. Not sure I'll be ready before then.
  • chipmunk70
    chipmunk70 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Well my first HM is 25th March 2012 - and I've only just agreed to doing it, and starting to train. I've been doing some running before, but only a bit on the treadmill at work during my break.(normally about 2 miles at a time), but do lots of walking as well....so really need to start in with the training. Have been looking at some programs which reckon they can have me ready for it, so going to get started on one of those.

Excited about doing it, but also nervous, quite self conscious about running out in public as well, so that will be the second obstacle to overcome.

Cath
  • shirleycolpo
    Options
    Rock and Roll Half Marathon - San Diego! Not til June 3rd so hopefully I have plenty of time!
  • delray1969
    Options
    February 25th, "Thrill In the Hills" 1/2 Marathon Trail Run..............Winder, GA.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    #4 in February... Straw Plains Half Marathon in TN.
  • bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    #2 is on Feb. 19, Locomotive Half Marathon in Kennesaw, GA!
  • goldfinch909
    goldfinch909 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    #1 March 18th -- Shamrock HM in Virginia Beach... Fingers crossed!