RI30 weights?

Options
logicandlove
logicandlove Posts: 191 Member
I just got Ripped in 30 and want to start this week, but I'm wondering what size weights you guys started with?
I was thinking 5 and 8, but I'm not sure.

Replies

• amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    That's exactly what I use - 5lb & 8 lb :happy:
  • curlygirlcami
    curlygirlcami Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I used 5 pound weights for now. I think some of the moves I could use more weight, but I'll see how it goes. It was just my first day today.
  • jagoochie
    jagoochie Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    getting this on thursday and still need to go get some weights!
  • shortjules
    shortjules Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm using 5lb weights most of the time.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    I use 5 and 10s. I think 8 and 10 would be better, will need to get the 8s. :)
  • jagoochie
    jagoochie Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    what weights would be best to use - not done any of her dvds with weights before and i dont want to bulk up i just want to tone?
    ta
  • logicandlove
    logicandlove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    what weights would be best to use - not done any of her dvds with weights before and i dont want to bulk up i just want to tone?
    ta

Tbh, a lot of what people think of as "bulking" vs. "toning" is a myth. Unless you eat and work out specifically to build bulk, you can work out with the heaviest weights you can safely/comfortably deal with and still look healthy and feminine, not big or "mannish"

I'm starting with the 5 pounds and it seems to be doing the trick because of the way the workouts are designed, which is pretty tough, but if you think you can do heavier I'd say go for it.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I used 5-8-10s.
  • shortjules
    shortjules Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    It actually is good for both men and women alike to lift heavy weights. Without supplements and steroids it is genetically impossible for women to "bulk" up like men. We just don't have the testosterone levels necessary for such a thing to happen. Lifting heavy will tone your body.