Starting Week 1

Options
cloeyfish
cloeyfish Posts: 25 Member
I am starting week one of Turbo Fire today, would love any other supporters to do a weekly check in on weight loss, struggles, successes and eating advice!

My goal is to lose 20 lbs. I am going to do low carb and little sugar consumption and try and focus on clean foods. I find this challenging with a husband and 3 year old that do not always like the healthier foods. The eating right will be the hardest challenge for me.

Replies

• Maymichelle
    Maymichelle Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am right there with ya! I have a 6 year old & 2 year old and can usually get them to eat about anything; however, my husband does not believe in vegetables (well, he likes corn & potatoes)! I also really need to work on my food because sometimes it is just easier to eat the "junk" I make him rather than cooking 4 or so different things. I liked some of the recipes in the Turbo Fire fuel booklet so I'm thinking about trying to make some in large portions for a weeks worth of food to reheat. We will see...I'm so bad about using my time to cook! Portion control has been my new best friend though, because if I make something bad (like macaroni & cheese)...I literally measure out the 1 portion.
    I started Turbo Fire yesterday & am very interested in weekly check in's or just having the motivation from others doing it to! It is HARD! I have been doing Turbo Jam for quite some time...it just amazes me how much faster TF moves!
    I also just bought Chalene's new book PUSH & I'm very excited to plunge in and read it and incorporate what I learn from that. I think the timing for the book & starting TF is just right!
    My only wish is that I had a heart rate monitor because I would like to know as close to possible how many calories I am burning as right now I am only estimating. I also need new workout shoes. Mine are too broke down & just aren't cutting it for the 2 days of TF I've done thus far. I may have to splurge when payday comes....
    Good luck to you starting today! Let us know how it goes! =)
  • mandalackey
    mandalackey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I actually just started Insanity last night, but Turbo Fire is my absolute favorite!! I've been doing it for about a year now. Chalean is super motivating and I love that they try to make it seem like you are part of the class! I'm really picky, especially with veggies, but a lot of the stuff in the TF book is really really good! I love the Crock Pot Chili! I would definitely recommend doing the 6 day slim down plan or whatever it is. It's tough to stick with it, but it's only a week! I strictly did the workouts it listed and ate the foods I was supposed to eat (with only a few substitutions) and lost 6 pounds that week. I know that doesn't sound healthy, but if you read about how it works in the booklet, it's just meant to give your body the jumpstart it needs to get going. Turbo Fire is so much fun! I might have to take a break from Insanity once a week or so and do Turbo because I love it so much. Good luck with it girls! You will love it!
  • cloeyfish
    Options
    So I did not get the TF nutrition guide with my package, I ordered off ebay and well let's just put it this way, parts were missing, like the workout schedule and nutrition guide. I guess you get what you pay for, but all my discs were there, so I have been googling online for the workout schedule and found that, however I have not had any luck with nutrition guide for it. If anyone comes across it will you let me know, for now I am doing 1000-1100 calories. Hopefully that will not be to little, but I have a big trip planned the end of January and I want to drop as much as possible before then:( Wishful thinking maybe but I am hoping to be down 15 by then.

Good tip about portion control, I too have that battle with my husband where some of the healthy meals are not his favorite and I am to lazy to make two meals. I will have to keep that in check also! What kind of heart rate monitor are you thinking? I was just looking at a Polar FT4F Heart Rate Monitor Watch on amazon. I do not know much about them, someone else just mentioned this one. I would like to know what I really burn while doing the exercises rather than just a guess.

6lbs in 6 weeks, that would be awesome! I may have to google the 6 day slim down now also! Good luck with insanity, that is on my next list to complete after turbo fire!
  • mandalackey
    mandalackey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It was actually 6 pounds in 1 week. If I get some time tonight I will try to send you some of the meals from the 6 day plan. It's a matter of sitting down and typing them up...and with a two year old and a one month old...well, we'll see how much time I find - plus I still need to work out tonight! haha I will try though!
  • cloeyfish
    Options
    Wow I am outta shape from one month of being off! Fire 30 kicked my *kitten* tonight! Looking forward to being sore tomorrow and doing it all over again!
  • stoutcms
    stoutcms Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I too am starting Week 1 of Turbo Fire (Dec 26th) and I'd love to have a group of people to help hold me accountable. Beachbody has some pretty amazing programs out there, and I've fallen in love with Chalene Johnson's :-) I own all of her programs, but just recently purchased Turbo Fire, so I am really pumped to get started. My biggest challenge is eating a healthy diet. Recently I've made my food journal public in the hopes that will get my butt back in gear. I also purchased Chalene's PUSH book to help get my LIFE back in order, not just my fitness/health. So far it's been worth every penny!!! Let me know when you all want to check in, I'm pretty flexible......and KEEP PUSHING PLAY :happy:
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Hey all how goes the TF workouts? I had started Turbo Fire Prep schedule but after completing Insanity, I'm not sure Prep was the way to go. Definitely not as in shape as I was during Insanity thanks to taking 1 to many weeks off in December but Prep wasn't right choice for me right now. So I'm restarting the Regular class schedule tomorrow. How is everyone liking it so far? Personally, I read this and didn't get it until I watched the videos but I really like that feeling of actually being in class with Chalene. I'm lost half the time with the footwork but she makes it fun!
  • Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I am starting in a week...this week we are travelling but we will still be hitting up the gym. I am excited! I did hiit15 yesterday just for fun and loved it like always!
  • simplebeauty
    simplebeauty Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm starting with Turbo Fire today...I have a lot of weight to lose and I'm in the same boat as you ladies...husband and 2 kids that would rather eat not the most healthy of foods... and some nights I do end up making multiple meals..grr

I will be checking/posting as often as I can remember!! One of my 2012 resolutions is to give a little more time for ME...everyone else can wait their turn!! (especially now that they are pretty self sufficient, except the 3 yr old needs help...but he's usually pretty patient if I'm doing something else, and usually ends up working out with me)

Here's to regaining myself back after having kids...it's been a long time since I've felt like myself!! I'm excited!
  • TinaAK
    TinaAK Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I have ordered Turbo Fire and it should be here tomorrow, so I will be starting this week. I have Turbo Jammed in the past and thought that Fire looked totally awesome! I would like to join your group. Feel the burn :-)
  • mamareese
    Options
    Turbo Fire Regular Class Schedule Day 2 down. HIIT- it's been a long time since we've met and you totally whooped my booty today! 15 minutes but it was no joke!! :laugh:
  • phillipsmi
    Options
    Today was HIIT2 For me too! Whooped my butt, but I feel good :-)
  • HollyMomma1
    HollyMomma1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Did the 15 minute HIIT class today. Liked that it was so short, but it was very tough. My calves are going to feel it tomorrow.
  • curlygirlyful85
    curlygirlyful85 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I started Turbo Fire yesterday (Monday). Man it was a lot of work. I'm hoping for some good results. I kind of let myself go during the holidays. I kind of expected that but now I am back on track. For my diet, I am going to follow Jackie Warner's plan. I got her book a while ago and i did lose some weight from it. I like the plan, eating clean 5 days in a row then you get 2 cheat meals on the weekends. With Turbo Fire and the diet plan, I'm hoping to look hot in a bikini this summer.
  • cloeyfish
    Options
    How is everyone doing with TF? I am on week two, break day today, but think I am going to throw in a Chalean Extreme workout and start adding three CE work outs on the HIIT days. I miss my weight lifting so want to incorporate that somehow into TF. I am happy to say I was not sore this week, whoop and I find myself able to workout longer with each workout! I am also happy to say that my moves are getting more coordinated and I can follow a lot better this week! Hope you are all doing well and eating great!
  • cloeyfish
    Options
    sorry my computer reposted this three times
  • cloeyfish
    Options
    :)
  • leach2001
    leach2001 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Week 1 day 2! I am looking to lose about 40 lbs and get my energy souring :) Trying to get the workouts in with two kids and work (I start really early in the morning so pre work working out is a no go). I loved her Turbo Jam and can't wait to PUMP IT! I am using her nutrition guide just as a guide and trying to be aware of what I eat. I am not doing the shakeology or other supplements they suggested. I take enough vitamins and eat my veggies lol. Good luck everyone!
  • mamareese
    Options
    Hey all! I finished up Turbo Fire 30/ Stretch 10 today. Have a question for you all. Are there days in TF where you feel like you still have some energy to burn? Like today I finished up Fire 30 and thought I could probably hit up another 30 minute workout. I want to finish the complete program- it's fun saying ' I completed XXXX' :smile: But I'm thinking about sticking with the TF schedule and just adding some other workouts in on the lighter days.
  • Madeline4
    Options
    I am starting Turbo Fire again today for like the 5th time!! I do great for a week and then stop. I get so sore and so tired that I feel like I can't go further...any advice?