What's cookin' Good lookin'??????

Options
fitmom_pam1976
fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
What are you guys cooking today? What are some of your fav healthy meals. We all can us some ideas for our diets so let's share our ideas. If we each post something, we will have plenty of ideas!!!!!

Replies

• fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    For lunch I made some grilled salmon and a spring mix salad with yogurt dressing. I like to get some plain LF yogurt (Greek if you have it) add some herbs (whatever you prefer....i used oregano today) olive oil, salt, pepper and a little lemon juice. Mix it all together and top your salad with this mixture!!! It is soooo yummy! I sometimes add some julienned cucumbers in the mixtures which gives it a nice twist.

Pam :wink:
  • michelleb521
    Options
    For lunch, salad with spinach leaves, various veggie toppings and light dressing, grilled chicken w/ light lemon pepper seasoning. Dinner will be a Smart Ones Weight Watchers meal. I'm finding that if I plan my meals ahead of time, I'm much more likely to stick with the diet. Bananas are a great snack for me and tend to hold me over in between meals.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]950269.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • marian723
    marian723 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I made chicken torilla soup. Super easy and very yummy!
  • marian723
    marian723 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
  • jomom2
    jomom2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options

Chicken tortlla soup sounds really good :happy:
  • jomom2
    Options
    For lunch I made some grilled salmon and a spring mix salad with yogurt dressing. I like to get some plain LF yogurt (Greek if you have it) add some herbs (whatever you prefer....i used oregano today) olive oil, salt, pepper and a little lemon juice. Mix it all together and top your salad with this mixture!!! It is soooo yummy! I sometimes add some julienned cucumbers in the mixtures which gives it a nice twist.

Pam you have me hooked on that greek yogurt dressing, I make it all the time now.
  • jomom2
    Options
    I am making chicken veggie soup for lunch. For dinner I am making turkey meatballs with a huge salad minus the pasta for me :wink:
  • LeighAnnaMS
    Options
    MMM last night I made chicken breast baked in pasta sauce & steamed frozen green beans (mixed them cooked in a bowl with chili powder, a tiny bit of crushed peanuts and garlic powder, it was really good!)

Tonight I am slicing eggplant and zucchini, with a bit of olive oil and veggie seasoning and grilling a chicken burger with my George Foreman!
  • LeighAnnaMS
    Options
    Can anyone share their soup recipes? I love soup but dont like to eat the canned ones due to all the sodium!
  • weather4000
    weather4000 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Crock pot Salsa Chicken. It is super easy,,,,super healthy and super yummy!!!!!!!
  • samantha64118
    Options
    Can anyone share their soup recipes? I love soup but dont like to eat the canned ones due to all the sodium!

I am not in Weight Watchers, but if anyone is doing the points system this soup is zero points. I make it all the time, it's fairly easy and SO delicious! I prefer using fresh veggies but frozen works just as well :)

6 cups broth

Cooking spray
    2 carrots, peeled and diced
    1 large onion, diced
    4 teaspoons garlic, minced
    1/2 cabbage, chopped
    1/2 pound frozen green beans
    2 tablespoons tomato paste
    1 teaspoon dried basil
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    1 teaspoon kosher salt

1 large zucchini, diced

Bring the broth to a boil in the microwave. (This is a time-saving tip that can be skipped if there's no hurry.)

Spray large pot with cooking spray and heat on MEDIUM HIGH. Add the carrots, onion and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes. Add all the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the zucchini and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat to MEDIUM and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the beans are tender. Add the zucchini and cook until the zucchini are tender. Serve and enjoy!
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    Crock pot Salsa Chicken. It is super easy,,,,super healthy and super yummy!!!!!!!

This is one of my favs!!!!
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    MMM last night I made chicken breast baked in pasta sauce & steamed frozen green beans (mixed them cooked in a bowl with chili powder, a tiny bit of crushed peanuts and garlic powder, it was really good!)

Tonight I am slicing eggplant and zucchini, with a bit of olive oil and veggie seasoning and grilling a chicken burger with my George Foreman!

Sounds YUMMY!!!!!!
  • Tigermomma66
    Tigermomma66 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Nothing yet. I have been really, really sick to my stomach (just rumbly, grumbly and feeling like it's on a ship in the Northern Sea). So, today so far has been saltines. I'm not sure what I will cook for dinner tonight. I might leave it up to my Dad.

I'll be off to pick up the kids in a few minutes after school. Hopefully I will feel better after that.
  • Lirana
    Lirana Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I made dinner up last night! I added it to the recipe database, so hopefully it will get picked once that goes live (copy + paste below).

*** Smothered Chicken & Pierogies (serves 4) ***

*** Introduction ***
    This easy recipe is both quick and delicious. The mushroom soup acts as a "gravy" making this dish feel naughtier than it is.

*** Ingredients ***
    12 oz raw chicken breast (2-3 boneless skinless, depending on size)
    1 small onion
    2 Tbsp canola oil
    1 box Mrs. T's Potato and Cheddar Pierogies
    1 can Campbell's Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom soup (condensed)
    1/2 cup nonfat/skim milk
    salt and black pepper to taste

*** Directions ***
    *** Pierogies ***
    Bring 1.5 quarts (6 cups) of water to boil. Add pierogies to boiling water for 5-7 minutes. Drain.

*** Chicken ***
    While the water for pierogies is heating, heat oil in a medium-large skillet on medium-high heat. Cut chicken and onion into strips. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken and onions to skillet. Cover skillet, and stir occasionally. Cook for ten minutes (longer if the chicken is still pink).

Reduce heat on skillet to medium-low and add the soup and milk to the chicken and onions. Stir well to incorporate the brown bits from the chicken into the soup. The soup will change from a gray color to a golden brown similar to poultry gravy. Add more black pepper if desired. Cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes.

The pierogies should be done right about now. Add the pierogies to the mixture. Use a rubber spatula to stir them in without breaking them. Let simmer another 3 minutes. If you are not using a non-stick pan, you may want to turn the heat down further so the piergoies don't stick to the pan.

Serve with a side of veggies and enjoy!

*** Recipe Variation Suggestions ***
    If you would rather incorporate veggies into this dish, here are some options (calorie and other nutrition info will be affected):
    Add fresh mushrooms to the chicken and onions at the beginning.
    Add frozen peas when you add the mushroom soup.

*** Nutrition Info per Serving (from their calculator) ***
    Calories: 359
    Carbs: 41
    Fat: 12
    Protein: 21
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    I made dinner up last night! I added it to the recipe database, so hopefully it will get picked once that goes live (copy + paste below).

*** Smothered Chicken & Pierogies (serves 4) ***

*** Introduction ***
    This easy recipe is both quick and delicious. The mushroom soup acts as a "gravy" making this dish feel naughtier than it is.

*** Ingredients ***
    12 oz raw chicken breast (2-3 boneless skinless, depending on size)
    1 small onion
    2 Tbsp canola oil
    1 box Mrs. T's Potato and Cheddar Pierogies
    1 can Campbell's Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom soup (condensed)
    1/2 cup nonfat/skim milk
    salt and black pepper to taste

*** Directions ***
    *** Pierogies ***
    Bring 1.5 quarts (6 cups) of water to boil. Add pierogies to boiling water for 5-7 minutes. Drain.

*** Chicken ***
    While the water for pierogies is heating, heat oil in a medium-large skillet on medium-high heat. Cut chicken and onion into strips. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken and onions to skillet. Cover skillet, and stir occasionally. Cook for ten minutes (longer if the chicken is still pink).

Reduce heat on skillet to medium-low and add the soup and milk to the chicken and onions. Stir well to incorporate the brown bits from the chicken into the soup. The soup will change from a gray color to a golden brown similar to poultry gravy. Add more black pepper if desired. Cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes.

The pierogies should be done right about now. Add the pierogies to the mixture. Use a rubber spatula to stir them in without breaking them. Let simmer another 3 minutes. If you are not using a non-stick pan, you may want to turn the heat down further so the piergoies don't stick to the pan.

Serve with a side of veggies and enjoy!

*** Recipe Variation Suggestions ***
    If you would rather incorporate veggies into this dish, here are some options (calorie and other nutrition info will be affected):
    Add fresh mushrooms to the chicken and onions at the beginning.
    Add frozen peas when you add the mushroom soup.

*** Nutrition Info per Serving (from their calculator) ***
    Calories: 359
    Carbs: 41
    Fat: 12
    Protein: 21

Mouth watering.......:tongue::blushing:
  • prsconch
    prsconch Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    For lunch I made chicken breast and brown rice soup. It is really easy. Saute a onion in about a tsp of olive oil. Add cut up left over chicken breast. Add water and chicken boullion (to taste) and bring to a boil. Add about a third of a cup brown rice and cook for about 30 minutes. I add chopped frozen spinach and mixed veggies for the last 10 to 15 minutes. I like to leave my veggies slightly undercooked. Add salt if desired.
  • Hwardle
    Hwardle Posts: 233 Member
    Options

Oh this sounds so good! Not a fan of fish, but definitely going to try the greek yogurt dressing!! Last night I made Taco salads! Not exactly heathly, but I only ate about half. This morning i made egg white and spinach scramble and threw into a low cal tortilla- less than 200 cal and it was yummy!
  • phelpsmamma
    Options
    I just started making my own yogurt. I must say it is pretty amazing! You know what goes into it and it tastes great. I found also that it is a lot less calories then the store bought lowfat yogurt too.
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    I just started making my own yogurt. I must say it is pretty amazing! You know what goes into it and it tastes great. I found also that it is a lot less calories then the store bought lowfat yogurt too.

Awesome!!!