Goals for the coming year

Options
Laura_beau
Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
Hello fellow LC'ers

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas & New years (If you celebrate).

I did :o) But completely fell off the wagon and gained a MAHOOSIVE 12lbs in 2 weeks (DAMN you christmas cake, sausage rolls, mince pies, chocolates, bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, booze.....)

But I am absolutely determined to make 2012 my *****. My goals are to lose at least 50lbs- and hopefully 70lbs, increase my fitness gradually and make exercise a proper hobby of mine (instead of begrudgingly dragging myself kicking and screaming to the treadmill!!).

What are your goals for 2012? weightloss? Maintenance? Fitness?

Replies

• StrongHeart
    StrongHeart Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    My goals for 2012...
    Goal 1: Strive to stay within my calorie limit each day.
    Goal 2: Consume a lot less sugary sweets.
    Goal 3: Consume less sodium/salt.
    Goal 4: Prepare most of my food at home from scratch so I can control the ingredients.
    Goal 5: Eat more fresh fruit and fresh or frozen vegetables with each meal.
    Goal 6: Eat moderate amounts of healthy, whole grain / high fiber breads and cereals.
    Goal 7: Eat NOTHING after 8:30pm.
    Goal 8: Drink MORE Water and LESS of the other drinks such as tea, coffee, and diet cola.
    Goal 9: Eliminate at least 52 pounds by the end of 2012.
    Goal 10: Be supportive of others on their weight loss journey.
  • dennydifferent
    dennydifferent Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I want to get under 200lb. Specifically, I want to be 196lb, which will take me out of the obese BMI category and into merely overweight. I would like this to happen by June.

Once there, it's all about fitness. I want to go back to Nepal and actually go trekking this time. Twice I've been there, gawping at the mountains from afar. Both times the very upfront Nepalis commented that I was extremely fat. I aim to be back in Kathmandu at the end of November, weighing under 200lbs and ready for a weeks' walking up hills.

Last and least, I want to be a (UK) size 18 or under so that I can buy a Desigual skirt. I don't much mind when this happens, but it will be happening the second the tape measure matches up with their size chart.
  • bmonahan115
    bmonahan115 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My Goal this year is to get back to homeostasis in my body.

Which includes:
    Going VLC (under 30g is not closer to 0g of carbs a day)
    Order a natural source of D-chiro-Inositol supplements to increase my insulin sensitivity
    And hopefully with those two, get fertile and get a regular period after being on birth control for over 7 years!
    Loosing like 10lbs wouldn't be bad either, but not one of my bigger goals

Also, try to keep a friggin' job! haha
  • BarbieHier
    Options
    Hi there!

New to this group, old to LC!

I started BACK on LC last February and have lost 79 pounds as of today, only 8 to go to my goal weight!

I did Atkins years ago and did well, until I fell off the wagon and gained about 80 pounds. I tried other plans over the last 3 years but nothing worked. I also discovered that gluten/grains are a no-no for me, a major trigger food and they make me feel ill...so going back to strict LC and avoiding processed foods was a no-brainer!

Anyway...

So my goals for the year are:

1. To lose the final 8! (hopefully early on in the year!)...

2. To continue to work out and tone up!

3. To maintain a positive outlook!

4. To support my hubby with his health goals, he needs to lose about 15-20 pounds and he is trying to get back on low carb - but is kind of going back and forth. I have been impatient with him, seeing him eat bread, etc. so I need to learn to back off a bit and let him find his groove on his own.

That's it for now, but I am sure there is more to work on too!
  • joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    1. To get to my goal weight by looking 50+ lbs.

2. Eat low carb.

3. Eat lots of lean protein... 27-34 g. per meal 3 times a day.

4. Stick to 1200 until I reach goal.
  • hipsgalore
    hipsgalore Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I just joined this group. My husband and I are waiting on the book "The New Atkins ...." we are going to start the Atkins diet after the book comes in. I'm excited about the entire journey. Goal 1: lose 10 lbs in Jan, Goal 2: lose 10 lbs in February. remaining goals: 5 lbs per month. I have gradually increased my veggie intake. I've eaten the following foods for the first time: sweet potato fries, roasted brussels sprouts and turnip fries. I'm feeling so hopeful!
  • Trixiebelle67
    Trixiebelle67 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    goal: to lose 40 lbs and feel like me again - the one that had energy.
    to eat healthier
    to learn interesting and tasty LC recipes that I can feel my family without them feeling like I'm dragging them into my diet
    to run a 5 km race next fall (I walked it last year).