New Years Challenge?

Options
Hello everyone!!
This is a new year and I really need to stay on track and be accountable.
an anyone lead a "New Year Challenge of some sort??? Maybe someone who has done this before???
Not only weighing in but maybe give us something physical everyday.....?
Also, What are all you fellow MFP's doing right now as far as your "workout"?

Replies

• Shybea81
    Shybea81 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Ohh I love accountable challenges...not so good with the making them though.

Sadly not working out at the moment. I have house guests and never feel very comfy working out in front of people. When I do workout I'm a big fan of the Kinext or Wii Fit, workout videos, and walking/jogging around the neighborhood (for the short amount I can jog, I'm hoping it increase that tho)
  • christinajohnson
    christinajohnson Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hitting the treadmill for 30-60 minutes a day and bundling up for winter walks with the dog. I've been adding in some strength training as well 3 times per week.
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    christinajohn thats a great routine ! Well I started with walking, now Im doing a "hip hop abs"and "Brazil butt lift " hybrid . I live in Florida so it doesnt get extremely old here , I also hate working out in front of people, mostly my husband and oldest son!
    Luvsjaymz: How long are you going to have guests? I really want a Wii, but will have to wait for now,
    Actually the challenge is more like Jan. to March....My daughter will be 1 in March and I want to lose the rest of my pregnancy weight by then(23 lb.) If I dont get my thyroid meds right soon I dont know if I can pull it off. I have a drs. appt. 1/24/12 for labs and possible increase. I am so over this "Hashimoto's" but I know its not going anywhere!
  • Shybea81
    Shybea81 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My brother-in-law will be at my house till Friday then I have a friend coming Saturday, leaving Sunday, so I should be starting my workout back up for the New Year.
    Ohh 1st birthday, how fun! Best of luck on the 23 pound loss.
    FYI don't rush out an buy a Wii just yet. Nintendo is supposed to be bringing out a new system soon, so if your looking for just a reg Wii and Wii fit (very fun btw) it should be dropping in price.
  • christinajohnson
    christinajohnson Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    christinajohn thats a great routine ! Well I started with walking, now Im doing a "hip hop abs"and "Brazil butt lift " hybrid . I live in Florida so it doesnt get extremely old here , I also hate working out in front of people, mostly my husband and oldest son!
    Luvsjaymz: How long are you going to have guests? I really want a Wii, but will have to wait for now,
    Actually the challenge is more like Jan. to March....My daughter will be 1 in March and I want to lose the rest of my pregnancy weight by then(23 lb.) If I dont get my thyroid meds right soon I dont know if I can pull it off. I have a drs. appt. 1/24/12 for labs and possible increase. I am so over this "Hashimoto's" but I know its not going anywhere!

What is the Brazil Butt Lift workout? A DVD or program? Also, I've been living in Louisiana for the past few years, I'm just moving back to NY and hating the snow. I can no longer run when there's no covering the ground, I feel like I've lost a lot of balance and agility. I used to run in snow, ice, rain, etc.
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Brazil butt lift is a program from Beachbody, it focuses on your butt, but you will also get a great thigh ,hip, and ab workout, I really like it and am seeing some results...The only problem is the guy who leads it has a thick Brazillian accent and I cant understand him sometimes! Message me if you want to know more about it you can add me if you want. It must be hard going back to NY, I have family in Pittsburgh, but I love warm weather , I love the scenenary of the north a little more.
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    There's a 365 miles in 365 days Group here on MFP. Everyone can walk a mile a day! Maybe you guys should join it?
  • latinahada
    Options
    I am doing Wii Just Dance 3, walking & riding my Gold's Gym bike, also doing step-ups on occasion. All with my new HRM watch, LOVE it!! Makes a huge difference in logging exercise!
  • nspink
    nspink Posts: 65
    Options
    I just joined this group and I would love some Hypothyroid accountable mfp!

I am currently doing the INSANITY Program by Shaun T.
    We'll see how I do in 2 months!!!