Our first two weeks- check in!!

Options
KerriMx5
KerriMx5 Posts: 569 Member
How are you all doing? Let's stay motivated and have the team with the biggest loss.

What are your plans?

Replies

• KerriMx5
    Options
    I am working hard over here. I can't wait to get my follow up surgery appointment. I really want to lose a lot these two weeks.
  • MidwestGirlz
    MidwestGirlz Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm still recovering from a nasty sinus / double ear infection & bronchitis...so cardio and I are not friends right now. However, I am lifting weights - and drinking 12+ glasses of water, watching calories, and eating my fruits and veggies!!!

I hope to hit the gym for a rigorous work out no later than Wednesday!
  • KerriMx5
    Options
    Sounds like a great plan. At least you aren't bailing. You are doing what you can. Cardio would be miserable at the moment for you!!

I like this fruit and veggie part of the challenge. It is making me get mine in and I am HORRIBLE at eating them. Last night I got up from the table and opened a can of pineapple (in it's own juice). It was funny because everyone at the table ate it. I need to remember to add fruit AND veggies to dinner. I usually do one or the other.
  • KerriMx5
    Options
    I did a whole three burpees. Will try again. I think these are something I am going to add in to my normal things I make myself so. Like squats, push ups and crunches when I am back to normal. they are a good challenge.
  • KerriMx5
    Options
    Ladies where are you? I feel like I am talking to myself in our group. ;p

My day today. I HAVE to get into the surgeon for my followup. The pain and this weird feeling in my side just can't be normal. I am going to call and be a witch today. That said I got a 55 min turtle shuffle in this morning. I walked inside the church building because I didn't want to freeze. Our church building is a rectangle. The chapel and cultural hall are in the middle. The classes are all on the outside so there is a nice little oval circle hall that works for walking. It isn't like you can get up a lot of speed but for my slow pace right now it worked fine.
  • MsCyone
    MsCyone Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Trying to get in 10 burpees today and add more protein today as well as interval training.
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! No burpees for me yet, except that one I tried. I'm going to attempt them again tonight and try to get some real exercise in as well, maybe dust off the elliptical! Fruits/veggies and water are going fantastic though! So far no issues with that part of the challenge. Just need to get more active! School starts January 23rd, so nervous about having to get my schedule in order, for eating right, exercising and studying! First time in college ever....at 35 years old. Nervous as heck! lol But with all these new challenges both weight and mind related, well I'm so excited! 2012 is going to be the best year ever! And I know our team is going to kick butt! :bigsmile:
  • MidwestGirlz
    MidwestGirlz Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I haven't done burpees yet, either - not because I don't want to - but because I don't have the lung capacity for the cardio, yet. I'm going to ride the exercise bike tonight, though. I can burn something without making it impossible to breath!!

:-)

Rock on everyone! We OWN this!
  • shelleytobefit
    shelleytobefit Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Haven't done any burbees yet, but will tonight.....not looking forward to them LOL! BUT will get some in!

Great job everyone!!
  • MsCyone
    Options
    Today's menu:

Bfast:
    Instant Oatmeal with sliced banana(1st fruit) made with soy milk

Snack:
    Odwalla Strawberry C Monster

Lunch:
    Wendys Apple Pecan Salad
    Wendys Small Chili

Dinner:
    Mac and Cheese
    Steamed Broccoli
    Grilled Chicken Tenderloins

123 oz. h2o with lemon

Exercise:
    Power 90 Sculpt
    25 Burpees/15 Mins Cardio Dance

Debating about doing Jillian tonight, we'll see lol.

How is everyone doing?
  • allycat5723
    allycat5723 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I made it through 5 burpees, and today I got it up to 8. I also started the c25k program this evening, and plan on starting Tracey Anderson's method tomorrow. Funny thing about those burpees after trying my first one and feeling like my wrist was going to give out, I went to the dr and found out that I had fractured my wrist earlier in the week! it's just a hairline, and I'm okay, but it's really putting a damper on the burpees. Water, fruits and veggies have been no problem, but I'm still going to push for more veggies every day :) Let's go Teal!
  • losinglbs0208
    Options
    You'd think that the first week of the new year would be the easist to convince myself to exercise. But man, it's been a struggle getting back into the habit. I did go to the gym a couple of times over the weekend (It's about an hour from my town, but in the town where my fiance lives, so it's not possible for me to go during the week and there's no gym in my town so, there's a built-in excuse right there.)

I'm going to run in the morning and get back into the 3x a week running habit. Anytime I take more than a few days off from running, I dread it. But once I'm in the habit, I absolutely love it. And it's helped me more than anything else. My scale has barely moved since I started in August (I've dropped not quite 15 lbs) but I'm down from a size 16 to a size 10. That's why running is awesome!

I'm going to fully recommit to the exercise portion of my plan. Even if I don't drop another pound, if I can drop another size or two, I'd be happy. (I'd also be happy to stay at this size if I could get rid of my flabby stomach!)
  • KerriMx5
    Options
    Running sounds like a good plan. I find with my workouts I just have to force myself to get out there. I can think of every excuse why not to.I just have to put my feet out the door. 10 minutes in and I am happy.

I am struggling this week. My mom died two years ago yesterday. Second year without her. Yesterday was hard because it was a big shock that she died. She was only 54. Plus girl stuff. recovering from the surgery that seems to never end. I had a follow up appointment today. I was told I still shouldn't be feeling what I am feeling. Great. I just want to get back to normal. Ok I am in a whine mode. I am doing good getting my veggies or fruit in.

I will make up for my lost time on my workouts yesterday and today by increasing my times the next three days. Gotta get that 60 minute average each day.

I might go ahead and try a walking video this evening. It just depends on how much pain I am in after my day. I have one more appointment and then something at church tonight. Today has already worn me out and it is only 1 PM.
  • MsCyone
    Options
    hey how is everyone doing on this weeks challenge?
  • KerriMx5
    Options
    I struggled to get in my veggies and fruit yesterday. I actually need to go back and add the two I got in last night. I am NOT hungry. I think my new pills. So I had weight loss shakes. If you look at my diary you will see I just wasn't in an eating mood. :(
    Started today off with pineapple. I am really loving pineapple. I have never ate it just as a fruit. I always have it in or on something. I bought the slices. Two slices is perfect and it is only 60 cals. Yummy.
  • krista010105
    krista010105 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    no blurpees for me since im still on recovery from surgery.

lost 4 lbs!!!! even with no exercising

water took in 34 cups this week ( much better since i usually drink mostly gatorade i hate water, normal water would be 4 cups a week) i go days with out water usually.

fruits and veggies got in 18 servings between veggies with lunch and dinner and fruit with breakfast and with snack and a little juice.

and i tried carrots and cauiliflower and i hated them both.
  • krista010105
    krista010105 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I struggled to get in my veggies and fruit yesterday. I actually need to go back and add the two I got in last night. I am NOT hungry. I think my new pills. So I had weight loss shakes. If you look at my diary you will see I just wasn't in an eating mood. :(
    Started today off with pineapple. I am really loving pineapple. I have never ate it just as a fruit. I always have it in or on something. I bought the slices. Two slices is perfect and it is only 60 cals. Yummy.

PINEAPPLE IS A VERY YUMMY FRUIT. I LOVE TO BUY THE PRE CUT OF FRESH CUT PINEAPPLE BAGS THEY ARE SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE CAN STUFF AND ITS ALREADY CUT.
    IM A HUGE FRUIT EATER
    GRAPES AND STRAWBERRIES ARE MY FAVORITE. THEN WATERMELLON THOUGH DONT THINK THATS A SUPER GOOD FOR YOU FRUIT.
    ALSO CANTOLOUPE
    BANANAS
    PEACHES
    PLUMS
    APPLES
    ORANGES

I LOVE TO MAKE ME A FRUIT SALAD WITH RED GRAPES, SLICED STRAWBERRIES, AND CUBES OF APPLES.