Besides your weight, what would you like to see differently

Options
Feel free to start off on this topic whenever you are ready. This is just to help us understand what it is that you want so that we can help you get to that point that you want to be at! Again, this is a no-judgmental zone, so everyone please be respectful of others! Thanks.

- Gisselle

Replies

• finallyalive
    finallyalive Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Changes in clothing. I've got fashion sense, but the wrong body to use it on. Attitude, to be humble even when weight has been lost, and to be more active. I've always wanted to plan a trip to Beijing, but I never go because my body can't take it. I need a body that I can properly move around with. Because now I can't jog, only walk. My knees can't take me.
  • STLGUY
    Options
    Changes in clothing. I've got fashion sense, but the wrong body to use it on. Attitude, to be humble even when weight has been lost, and to be more active. I've always wanted to plan a trip to Beijing, but I never go because my body can't take it. I need a body that I can properly move around with. Because now I can't jog, only walk. My knees can't take me.

I'm on board with all of that! Best of luck - it's a hard journey but these are all things you can achieve!

My big goal overall is to just be more alive, similar to what you've said. Wear the clothes you want, feel more comfortable traveling, be the me that is under all the extra weight!

Best of luck to EVERYONE!
  • AshleyAmmerman
    Options
    Other than my weight... I want to just overall see changes in my attitude and willingness to do "fun" things. Now with the weight that I am at, I am really hard and negative on myself. I don't have the confidence in myself. All my best close that I love either don't fit me or they are way too tight. It depresses me. I hide myself away from going out with my friends because I am ashamed of my body. I am no longer outgoing and I use to be up for anything. I just want to be able to live life comfortably and confidently again.
  • Gshepmix83
    Gshepmix83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I would like to see my bi-polar/depression to go away for good and be in a better mood.
  • angella2012
    Options
    I would like to become more outgoing and confident in myself.:smile:
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    As far as for myself, I'd love to look in the mirror and finally be happy with who I am, to also have my depression and my anxiety go away for good so that I can be the outgoing and fun girl I use to be, and of course, to feel & look healthy!
  • ChasesMumma927
    ChasesMumma927 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I would like to just be able to look at myself and be happy! I also want to voulnteer more but that would take confidence in myself to be able to see more new people
  • oliv2065
    oliv2065 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I would like to see myself playing more outside with my daughter, maybe doing some bike riding! I would also like to see a change in the effort I put forth in my college classes. I am trying to complete a masters degree, but I am constantly half assing everything. Even though thats enough to pass I want to be an A student.
  • bornforthis1
    bornforthis1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I would like to be more outgoing and comfortable in my own skin. I would like to be more focused, determined and able to deal with stress better.
    I would also like to smile more. People tell me I have a beautiful smile, but especially lately people have been mentioning that I don't do it enough. And now, I just find it difficult. So I want to show how happy I've become.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,190 Member
    Options
    Wow. Everyone has expressed the desire we all have to feel good about ourselves so well -- I hope we do not have to wait until we reach some perfect shape or size to do it!

I want to be able to dance again without feeling I don't belong out on the floor, and to have better stamina for hiking and intense horse trekking and training. I can't keep up with my kids (15 and 19) any more, so it's time to keep up with what I have put off as they have grown up. I also want to look in the mirror and not sigh deeply, really need to buy clothes and absolutely hate to. I love to see people who really pull off being beautiful at all kinds of weights, though. We can feel more beautiful even while larger than we like, no? I hope we can find some ways to do that in this group.
  • galvodka
    galvodka Posts: 102
    Options
    I would like to have overall confidence and believe it when someone says I look good.
  • _JuliaM_
    Options
    I would like to be confortable in my own body, and also not hide inside next summer. And of course fit in nice clothing without looking like a whale in them ;)
  • jferrara41
    jferrara41 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about running right now. Just boost your cardio and walking is great.
  • jferrara41
    jferrara41 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would like to see more comfort in exersize so I do it every day. I would like to see my belly disapear.
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I wan't my body fat to go down and be toned. So sick of the belly bulge!
  • AmandaJane523
    Options
    I want that moment I used to take for granted: stretched out on a beach, feeling good about myself, comfortable enough in my skin to fully enjoy the warmth of the sun and the cool breeze, content to be alone, calm.

For the time being, I'd settle for any emotion other than panic and denial when considering going to the gym.
  • Laner07
    Laner07 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I want to take more time for me. I know what makes me happy but I don't always take the time to do it, I usually focus on other people before I focus on myself.
  • laurabarden
    laurabarden Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I want to see my childrens pride in me for changing. My five year old went to school and showed all of his friends the "dancing moves to lose weight" mommys doing and he told them that hes happy to have a skinnier mommy soon. I asked him why he will be happier to have a skinny mommy and he said "mommy, so you can bend down and play with me and maybe ride bikes with me". I want them to grow up and not be embarrassed or ashamed. I want my husband to have the woman he fell in love with when I was size 8. I want to feel whole again. Ive worked on the emotional side, now i want the physical side. Also, clothes are cheaper and cuter the smaller you are
  • Clarecbear82
    Clarecbear82 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I would like to look in the mirror and actually like what I see. I like the fact I'm losing weight but think my face is so ugly! I want to stop thinkin of myself that way.
  • kelseylynn_cr
    Options
    I, of course, want to lose weight and become toned. But, overall, I just want to be happy with myself. Also, I want to just be more open with other people and have a better, more positive, attitude. There's enough judgment & negativity in this world...I certainly don't need to add to it! I want to be able to get on a horse (I used to be an avid rider) and not feel worried about being too big for them. I just want to take pride in myself and love me for me :)