Rest day?

Options
aklitten
aklitten Posts: 237 Member
Is anyone planning a rest day in your workout? If so, when? I want to rest my knee one day, perhaps this weekend, after day 7, and just do some bike cardio. Will that mess me up?

Replies

• Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I was planning on doiing it straight but I have heard people say you NEED to take a break? hmmmm not sure I am interested in what others are doing. I would say that if you are in pain its best to take a day than to injure yourself more and quit x
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I understand the actual programme includes one rest day per week and i'll definitely be taking Sundays as rest days. :-)
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    What lisa said..the program states rest on Sunday, although most of us are doing 30 days straight. Do what is best for you and your body..:smile:
  • MsMarlaMae
    MsMarlaMae Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I didn't know taking a rest day was an option! I'm going to try and not too, and if I do certainly make it up with a bike ride.
  • PacificGirl
    Options
    It's not good for you to go 30 days straight through. Your muscles need time to heal and if you go all 30 days you increase your risk of injury, and really setting yourself back. Even as a professional motocross racer, I always took off one day a week to give myself time to recover. Consider taking one day off, and then going for a walk or something instead. Or even a very light lap swim would suffice. One day is not going to hurt your progress, in fact it will help.

I'll be taking Saturdays off each week.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I'll be resting on Sundays. I've heard numerous times that it's important to have a day to let yourself recover, and I think even Jillian says to take a day off. I know it's important to push yourself, but I don't want to push myself so hard I move in the opposite direction of progress! :tongue:
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I am resting a day too. I run and also go to the gym and do the bike and elliptical. This program is in addition to my regular workouts, so I am definitely resting one day.
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I have enforced days off on sunday and monday this weekend as we are visitng the in-laws and staying in a hotel. I will be doing some swimming though. There will be days when I can't do the DVD such as this, so I will treat those as my rest days. Not too many though!
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking I might take a rest day today. My body is feeling pretty worn and the scale isn't moving, so I'm thinking a rest day might help the situation.

I may still do some extra cardio though!
  • harleygirlT
    harleygirlT Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I think you should do what your body tells you. You will know if you need a day of rest....and even the experts say you need at least one day off...I'm going my usual and taking my Fridays off after the long work week.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I onlymanaged 10 minutes of it today before my body told me to stop so am counting today as a rest day...
  • Sarahx86
    Options
    Sunday's will be my rest days as well
  • apesid
    apesid Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I wasn't planning on taking a rest day... but I don't really have time today as we're going to be gone pretty much the whole day. So I guess today will be a rest day for me too :)
  • USC_SKH
    USC_SKH Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I took a rest day yesterday...I hurt my leg on Friday when doing the jump rope...I dont even know how I hurt my leg...but it's feeling better now so back to it.